Author Topic: Turok soundtrack officially released (sort of)  (Read 26986 times)

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
Re: Turok soundtrack officially released (sort of)
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »
I've bought all the Doom and Quake stuff that Aubrey's put up on Bandcamp and I can't wait for the anniversary Doom 64 album.  His PSX Doom special was pretty damn cool. :)

Also, yeah, if Darren puts out more stuff (and it ends up somewhere that I can buy it!) then I'll be all over that!
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 04:15:50 PM »
So, anyway, I heard back from Darren Mitchell and he said that he's going to look into getting his music up on Bandcamp.  Here's hoping! *Crosses fingers...*

I wonder, would anyone who's bought his stuff mind putting a wee snippet up on Youtube or something?  I'm desperate to hear something! :)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »
So, anyway, I heard back from Darren Mitchell and he said that he's going to look into getting his music up on Bandcamp.  Here's hoping! *Crosses fingers...*

I wonder, would anyone who's bought his stuff mind putting a wee snippet up on Youtube or something?  I'm desperate to hear something! :)

I found myself listening to it on repeat those freaking jungle sounds man make me love it and the jungle sounds really remind me of that beta music we once heard! I have a feeling he could have the beta music somewhere...Who knows.

Yeah guys enough already with the other stuff xD Let's just hope he releases more I really would like Rage Wars N64 private OST! Would be dream come true.

Edit: Good job One Eye you helped in convincing him to do it!!

Darren Mitchell Bandcamp: https://darrenmitchell.bandcamp.com/releases
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 05:59:29 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »

Five tracks did get released in a French magazine back in 1997.

http://vgmdb.net/album/5785

https://youtu.be/cbJgy5iyw58?t=18m17s

Offline Dakuwan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 253
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »
Chirac, one side of your mouth says "I big fan", the otherside says "I deserve this for free, because I bought the n64 version and/or PC"... Your somehow twisting ROM logic, into some scenario where you should get to steal someones work without paying, and not feel bad about it, but entitled to do it. If the guy who composed all of this is selling "THIS" at this point, he could probably use a few bucks. Why shouldnt he get compensated?

Do you realize how long it takes to compose a song? Give it personality of its own, with zero visuals? Do you know that recording a perfect take is a nightmare? $8 is a freakin meal at an fast food joint. Help your body and this talented musicians wallet!

What a Dick thing to say...

Offline Darren Mitchell

• Acclaim/Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 05:45:22 PM »
its expensive, i pefer extract the music from the game...  each of us who have buy the remaster or get the original game can have access to the musics without buy again.
Its to help the creator earn some money.

Exactly.  Ripping from the game is really a violation of my copyright.  And the version that is in the game is not exactly what I am releasing....

Darren Mitchell
The Composer....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:51:56 AM by Dinomite »

Offline Darren Mitchell

• Acclaim/Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 05:48:22 PM »

Posting it on YouTube is a violation of my copyright.  This is exactly why I never released it before.  Copyright infringement.

Darren Mitchell

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 06:37:47 PM »
If its on bandcamp it allows you to listen more than amazon now. Plus it has way more options of downloads flac, mp3, ogg, and a hole bunch of others. Thanks for releasing that. Really hope to see more insta buys of Turok :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 07:07:03 PM »
If its on bandcamp
It is now.

GO GO GO.

Darren, thank you so much for your work.

I got two questions for you.

Were you involved in any way in the development of Turok 3 and Evolution?
Those voices you hear in the main theme for Rage Wars, WHAT DO THEY MEAN???
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:12:41 PM by Coyote Knight »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 07:34:34 PM »
If its on bandcamp
It is now.

GO GO GO.
Lol I know xD but thanks buddy I already purchased amazon I don't need convincing you see a Turok you get a Turok :D Yeah what do those crazy screams mean..
Good job One Eye you helped in convincing him to do it!!

Darren Mitchell Bandcamp: https://darrenmitchell.bandcamp.com/releases
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:36:46 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal