Author Topic: Turok Comics  (Read 61832 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Turok Comics
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
First off I would like to say this new forum is awesome very good and I am very happy to find it and it looks great and has a Turok atmosphere to it for sure. Anyway..

For those who dont know Turok actually originated from the comic series. The first comic was released in October of 1954. Yes way before I was born :) But still I am a huge fan of these comics they were original. And the dinosaurs always made it very interesting. For anyone who hasn't read one of them I suggest that you do. They are a type of comic that pulls you in and not only for the cool art it has.

Any other fans of the Turok comic out there ?
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Comics
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 01:13:04 AM »
Yeah I think  the Evolution comic was just to go along with the game  was pretty good to. My favorites are for some reason the older ones that is Turok Son of Stone . I dont know why but it just feel and looks so original so retro. A lot of the cover art for these comics are really good for time and even now. Glad to hear from you good to see !
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 01:54:32 AM »
I personally like the "Turok: Dinosaur Hunter" comics as my favorite I think the art was really there with these. Also i'm not 100% but I think these came after Son of Stone comics series. Which I am really enjoying atm. I ordered a few from ebay lost the big lot though heheh. All of them are good though and interesting and I am not even a comic kind of guy ! welcome buddy hope you enjoy.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
Oh yes the Dinosaur Hunter series are great and more updated then Son of Stone. They are great at least the ones that I have read. Im working on building my collection of them also :) I need to get that last comic picture you posted looks like a good one !
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:38:35 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline MurderIsRelevant

• Iguana
  • T:REP 235
  • On the eighth day, god created Turok
    • View Profile
    • Reddit/r/Turok
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
Yeah. I love the Turok series, comics, books and games. Of course, the games are what draw us in, and then sooner or later we get hooked by the comic books.

Has anyone seen the 2008 animated feature?
Enjoy yourself!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »
I know of the movie you mean Son of Stone right ? Pretty cool movie I am actually awaiting it in the mail right now haven't seen it in years. I have seen it before but never owned, now I need it in my collection they should make another one. There is Turok, blood, and dinosaurs a good combo for an animated movie indeed!
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:07:34 PM »
Oh yeah I own this movie  its a great item to add into the old collection. But yeah Dinomite I agree it wasn't that good but still pretty bad ass that it even exists. Me im waiting for my next Son of Stone comic in the mail Duke :D
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 12:33:01 AM »
I absolutely love the original Son of Stone and Dinosaur Hunter comics. Along with Spawn and Savage Dragon, they're what got me into comics to begin with. I've got a huge stack of the Dinosaur Hunter run on my desk (0-49) and I'm working on getting all the Acclaim Turok comics, which the games were based on.

I'm also in the middle of getting all the new Turok comics from Dynamite, but I've kinda lost enthusiasm for it after the first arc.
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 08:54:03 PM »
Hi Komenja welcome aboard :) that's more comics then I have of them I probably have like 12. That's a good collection there you have.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Turok Fireseed

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »
I have read all the Turok Dinosaur Hunter comics in the Vallient series, and most of the comics in the Acclaim series. I do have to say that my favorite comic is the Turok Shadow of Oblivion comic. Also, the one i have been trying to track down with little success, is the comic that came with i think was a strategy guide (?) I could be wrong, but i have not read all the Turok 2 comics yet, so there could be something i'm missing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal