Author Topic: River of Souls DM Map  (Read 12883 times)

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Re: River of Souls DM Map
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 10:40:08 AM »
I'm liking what I see so far :)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:49 AM »
Thanks everybody! not only am I adding jump pads but I'm also adding ladders and new ways to get up from the canals I added all new areas to connect from the canal with ramps back up to the spot you will see soon :)

Yeah the editor shipped with the game I found it by typing 'help' in the console which shows all the commands. Kexstudio was listed. There are other ways to find it also within the files too.

I will post an update soon as possible!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:49:06 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 12:09:48 PM »
I think it's pretty well known that the editor is unsupported use at your pwn risk - not supported by nightdive or any affiliated group! User beware, it's a large database or 0's and 1's. Only the insane people will try to use it in the current state.

so I'm building a map .... lol.
gl -hf -Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »
I think it's pretty well known that the editor is unsupported use at your pwn risk - not supported by nightdive or any affiliated group! User beware, it's a large database or 0's and 1's. Only the insane people will try to use it in the current state.

so I'm building a map .... lol.
gl -hf -Gazer

Hahah exactly we are insane xD and you know I did notice my pc getting hot while using the editor I'm about to make some eggs on it. I found that disabling sectors and actors (while not using them) helps keep it cooler a bit but it made a difference for me. My pc is not very good I play the remaster in 1280 x 720.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 01:47:50 PM »
bwaaaaaaaaaaa! My PC exploded  ***BOOM***  LoL @ kexstudio!

That's funny Jay --  ;D  - save your work often and don't blow up your computer! <-- good one

note: model/mp/model0162.staticmesh [selecting this mesh crashes the editor every time.]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:01:45 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »
Good work on fighting through that mess of a level editor and getting a multiplayer map out. I love all the city set pieces in the river of souls looks much better than the rest of the game.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 06:59:24 AM »
Just a quick nosy to see how your map's going? It really does look pretty nice. :)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 01:34:39 PM »
Just a quick nosy to see how your map's going? It really does look pretty nice. :)

Thanks for wondering, and its going good but I mostly just been working with 64 on the website and preparing some write ups for when the site launches I can add them in. I need to get back to my map though :)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 01:12:01 AM »
Sorry took so long to check on your map issue and that you deleted almost all sectors and actors to try and find the issue. It seems you just needed to rebuild lighting/regions.

Felt bad I didn't look sooner. Added lights and sectors all the way back. This time it is a western river of souls. Added a bit of my own style on hopefully you like it I hope, you can add more lights back if you want. Its darkest before dawn lol.

If you like it i would definitely add it in a pack with mine

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:14:01 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »
Its darkest before dawn lol.

If you like it i would definitely add it in a pack with mine
Wow 64 it is fucking awesome yep I like it, its beautiful just how it is now the dawn atmosphere is something to gaze at. Okay the map is done then. Let me do a few minor adjustments with pick ups and spawns and this one is done. Thanks a shit ton for your help putting sectors back. Man I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I started deleting things one by one to try and find the crash :/ Its okay that you took long to look at it. It made me investigate the editor a lot myself :) I learned a lot! and this was a starter map. I will be working on another dm map after I tidy this one up. Should be done really shortly. Thanks again means a lot.

So this map is made by me and 64 now and its a lot better now :)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:15:43 PM by Jay Doomed »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal