Author Topic: Turok 2 MP Map Caves-1 User Map  (Read 8687 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Turok 2 MP Map Caves-1 User Map
« on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:29 PM »
First off this is not an official port of the original mp level that's why I call it a user map. I made this map from the SP version in T2EX. Caves-1 is my favorite mp map on Turok 2 so I know it very well the placements in mp and all. I even launched the original to confirm my placements.

*I have added all the portals in, and they transport you to the correct places. I removed one portal because I think its a useless portal its on the high cliff. Which you can just jump no need for a portal.

*All weapons and health placements are in spot. Based on the PC mp version. One shotgun added.

*I added a new portal where you would normally have to climb a long wall to get up. I put a portal to transport you up quickly where that plasma rifle is instead of climbing. (But this was just a see how it goes thing)

*I left the Whispers Talisman particles where they were (I kind of like the look of them)

*Doors and certain actors don't work in mp. So by default I made the wooden gates and the sliding rock door stay up at all times.

*I will be going over this with Vis and other classic T2mp players after release also.

Download: https://turoksanctum.com/download/caves-1/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:16:27 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 MP Map Caves-1 User Map
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:03:21 PM »
Looking sweet! Will check out when its done.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:04:29 PM by Badger »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 01:34:36 AM »
Great this level looks nice here. Will you customize it more or going for purist feel? I bet it is a tough question there lol. When will you show all other maps for t2?? You should be sharing more wip and updates...and others well imo
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:13:21 AM »
64 if you EVER get to have a look at the river of souls dm map I made and try to help me find the error maybe we could just release that one and this one as a pack. Since they are both based on a sp style they kind of go together in a way and would be nice! I did send you that map like 2-3 weeks ago now lmao. No rush and no worries if not but it would be helpful if I can see why that error happens. I tried a lot of things to make it stop crashing with the error to no avail. So if you figure out the error feel free to include that one here.

But I have a feeling nobody actually cares about mp maps. Whenever I go to play T2 mp on the remaster there are no servers why should the devs prioritize something that isn't actually played very much.

Good job 64 I will play mp with you if we are online at the same time. If anyone could bring back these mp maps in there true mp form it would be you. You should do more of them like this! But idk if that's your plan since you mention this is your favorite original t2mp map.

Great this level looks nice here. Will you customize it more or going for purist feel? I bet it is a tough question there lol. When will you show all other maps for t2?? You should be sharing more wip and updates...and others well imo

Agreed if I remember correctly I have seen about 5 different maps from you might as well share them and update. Would be cool!

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »
I was wondering what was going on with your River of souls dm map Jay. Cool so you are just having an error that you need to fix. Well if it is possible I think would be a good idea to have both in a pack. Maybe Gazers mp map also try to talk to him about it....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:35:22 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 01:08:31 PM »
I was wondering what was going on with your River of souls dm map Jay. Cool so you are just having an error that you need to fix. Well if it is possible I think would be a good idea to have both in a pack. Maybe Gazers mp map also try to talk to him about it....

Yeah I can tell its a minor issue but I can't seem to figure it out when the crash error doesn't really tell us what's going on. Its no problem though 64 already said he could fix and knows what the error is. I guess its just whenever he gets a moment to go at it. No rush though but I have been trying to find it out this whole time and can't yet...
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »
Cool will it work on GOG version also? I feel like the answer is yes but just wondering. Trying to understand how it all works. Gj mate.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 01:03:49 AM »
Hey Its not a hard question if you think deep hehe. Here is my plan: Make it purist style mostly and finish the map as vanilla as possible. And then make a customized version which would obviously be more details and knick knack additions. This is my favorite T2 mp map of all n64 and pc lol :)

64 if you EVER

Agreed if I remember correctly I have seen about 5 different maps from you might as well share them and update. Would be cool!

I thought you were going to yell at me xD No worries I will have a look at the mp map I think I know what it is but if i'm wrong I won't start confusion until I know lol.

Idk if I will do more of the pc maps though I been asked more than once. Yeah I will another is in my mind a few of them are but not all of them. You know some of the PC mp maps aren't even good let's be honest. I love a lot of them but there is a few where I feel like please change it for the love of God.

About sharing I know there are others working on awesome things on t2 I have been wanting to wait for others to get a jump on things and I enjoy what comes up :) But I will do over a stretch thanks.

Yes I play with the pixel filter there's no other way to go for me going back and forth between the original and my map lol.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »
Hey Its not a hard question if you think deep hehe. Here is my plan: Make it purist style mostly and finish the map as vanilla as possible. And then make a customized version which would obviously be more details and knick knack additions. This is my favorite T2 mp map of all n64 and pc lol.
Nice make one nearly exact and then a custom one. I would rather see a custom one just because but I know some would want it more pure. Anyway have fun.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 02:21:20 AM »
Its a beta release of this map hmm I think its pretty good even with the minor changes. If a change is not good can you tell me somehow? And if I missed something let me know after a while of staring at the same map it becomes 'hard to see'. I added the download to the first post also. I'm updating it now with full details and the link.

Download: https://turoksanctum.com/download/caves-1/

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal