Author Topic: Turok 2 SoE SP user map/mod - Fossil Cavern  (Read 30634 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Turok 2 SoE SP user map/mod - Fossil Cavern
« on: June 24, 2017, 03:31:04 AM »

A lot of things irl coming up I want to release this and update as times goes on.

Important Info:
Turn "show death cinematics' off in the gameplay settings.
Play on Hard or Hardcore to get much more enemies and difficulty.
The Warblade is very useful lol
This will be my updated project.

Fossil Cavern is a SP map branched from the mp map Caverns-1 from Turok 2 SoE Ex(2017 remaster). I created that mp map with the thought of it still somehow working as a sp map later. With much more features.

*Doom/Duke Nukem 3D style layout (collect keys to open the doors) you will need to collect the eagle feathers as keys. I made it so feathers are keys to open the doors. Explore the level find all the feathers and kill anything in the way!
*Fireborn enemies which you don't see often in the sp game.
*Fireborn variants- Iceborn(Icelord), Shockborn, and Bloodborn. Some of these enemies are still being worked on the Iceborn is the furthest along. Thank god for BP's Fireseed tool lol.
*Much larger map, multiple new areas added on to better correspond with SP.
*Faster shotgun speed (To keep up with the amount of enemies, I have sped up the shotgun fire speed).
*See Oblivion monsters in scenes you never seen them before deep in the caverns.
*Occasional spawned enemies to help guide your way and keep up a pace that's set.
*Bind a taunt key that makes you say BOO whenever you want (open console or edit the cfg file and type this on: bind v "PlayMpTaunt"
*Friendly Fireborns
*New Intro and Credits Screen
*Much more

Story:

Tal'Set seeks to make peace with the enemy known as the Fireborns. They have extended there family roots introducing Iceborns (Icelord), Shockborns, and Bloodborns. A darkness is shadowing The Lost Land. Turok is not the only one aware. The Fireborns have reached out to Turok to meet them in an unknown location. Somewhere deep in a Cavern. Turok knows it could be an ambush but he must make peace with enemies to stop a darker force. Oblivion is back and this time it threatens all life forms in The Lost Land. Possessing those who even see the shadows. The Fireborns offer there peace treaty ally partnership in exchange for cleaning there homes of the darkness. They understand that some of there members are already possessed. But this journey has only begun.

Hope you enjoy:

Turok Sanctum Post: https://turoksanctum.com/fossil-cavern-v1/

Direct Download here: https://turoksanctum.com/download/fossil-cavern-v1/

Read more: https://duke64nukem.com/2017/06/18/turok-2-soe-user-map-fossil-cavern-beta-v1-0/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:43:11 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Sneakze

• Iguana
  • T:REP 119
    • View Profile
Re: T2 SoE SP map - Fossil Cavern
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 04:29:38 AM »
Looks so cool Duke! love the idea of the different Fireborn breeds too!! Will definitely try it out man :)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 01:23:35 PM »
Hell yeah I gotta play this having a busy day though. I will play tonight and tell you. Cool intro too. I tried putting a monster there but he just fell down...  love the look of the variant fireborns and the level looks huge nice.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
Just played through it and it's pretty good. Difficulty felt alright, had some fun with the faster shotgun, though I was completely out of ammo by the end and had to rely on my warblade and infighting lol, must've missed some pickups somewhere. The Fireborn variants were really cool too, love how the ice ones left behind trails.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok 2 SoE SP user map/mod - Fossil Cavern
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 11:58:56 PM »
Thanks glad to hear :) I will be updating soon. Yeah I may need to add some ammo but I like to use warblade first while its calmer and savor some ammo for the guys later. But I think it could use an extra exp shell and shell box maybe a plasma ammo. Did you guys find the grenade launcher underground and charge dart? Those two are harder to find then the mag 60, shotgun, warblade, and plasma.

I will soon have an enemy profile on each of the variants. And updates to them are coming also.

Shocky gave me the most issues while creating this but he's fam so it's good xD

I tried putting a monster there but he just fell down.

They will fall because of no sector there, add a sector there or feel free to delete my enemies and just use this map.

"Bloodborn" I see what you did there. ;)

Yeah it made me think of Abyssal since he plays that a lot xD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:07:12 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 12:19:48 AM »
Yeah I found the grenade launch and charge dart. Missed most of the grenade shots too so that's probably where I went wrong with ammo lol

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 01:22:06 AM »
Yeah I found the grenade launch and charge dart. Missed most of the grenade shots too so that's probably where I went wrong with ammo lol

If you found the grenade launcher congrats i think its really cool that a few people found that underground. It takes an extra second to find that's nice thanks for playing too. I probably need to add some extra ammo i do use the war blade a bit I possibly need to compensate some ammo's so we can get to da choppa :)

I made a clip video

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
I just got to finish now and the features are great especially the vsriants. I like how you have a few other enemies also. The level is really good took me about 30-40 mins to complete. You can explore and even get a little lost if you want. But the level connects itself and kind of guides the player. Seeing the purple feather before you can get it and once you get it your back to the spot you need it. Great map Dukey.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 08:39:47 PM »
Just finished this level.

Holy shit was it intense.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:27:21 PM by Coyote Knight »

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 09:17:20 AM »
Funny, I almost spell Fireborn as "Fireborne"... LOL!

Anyway, looks good. Especially the Lightning ones with the charged effect.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:21:24 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal