Author Topic: Turok 2 SoE SP user map/mod - Fossil Cavern  (Read 30739 times)

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 SoE SP user map/mod - Fossil Cavern
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 11:14:57 AM »
That was very fun and a good level can't wait for more from you and updates. Collecting feathers as keys and variant enemies. Very creative.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:15:29 AM by Deathsphere »

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
I did try again and some Command Prompt window launched but I'll just open up the game normally, seeming I don't plan on hosting. I just got my update downloaded and then decided to play this mod again.

The little Fireborn, though... xD

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 06:33:17 PM »
I did try again and some Command Prompt window launched but I'll just open up the game normally, seeming I don't plan on hosting. I just got my update downloaded and then decided to play this mod again.

The little Fireborn, though... xD
The command prompt is what runs the server you can type commands in it to change stuff about your lobby. There's things that must be done like portforwarding on 5029. But we have servers up already from Educator xD so try those the Dark Fiber 24/7 servers or maybe Insert Claw has better ping for you? I have a server also using Doomseeker but I don't run it 24/7.

Yeah the baby Fireborn xD I even have an idea for it, but I was doing a small notion to my T1 jungle falls map it has the baby raptor haha.

I'm glad you guys had fun and thanks much- it was a lot of work but there's going to be more added. Already made a bit of progress on the Acidborn. Here's his name in the defs lol and it has a note there too.

Code: [Select]
//Acidborn requested by Abyssal

Acidborn kActor_AI_Acidborn
{
    className                 "kexActor"
    placeable                 TRUE
    health                    60
    initialScale              "0.5 0.5 0.5"
    Begin_Component "kexRenderMeshComponent"
        mesh                  "char/Acidborn.skinnedmesh"
        anim                  "anims/SF/Acidborn.anim"
    End_Component
}

He really fits right in I must admit, cool idea.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:52:16 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 12:37:27 AM »
Command Prompt stuff is too complicated for m to use. I only ever use it for doing a system file check (sfc /scannow) and that's not game related.

I can't wait to see this modded into the game, too bad I couldn't make it happen, myself.

The exploding AoE on the Iceborn is pretty good because I got close to them to bait their melee attack, so I could get a steady shot at them and I did get hit a few times. The hit-box would be a challenge on the hardest mode for anyone wanting to attempt a War Blade only run. I'd have to say the Iceborn are my favourite at the moment.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2017, 01:19:00 AM »
The Iceborn is also the furthest along. Enemy profiles coming soon too! Yeah the Acidborn is really close to be acceptable here now.

Lesson one you don't mess with the Shockborn! (It will be part of his updates)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:20:15 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 03:22:45 AM »
I noticed the Iceborn was more done because the Shockborn was still only like a re-skin. I can't wait to see them being able to telegraph the Charge Dart stun effect.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 03:24:23 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 10:35:07 AM »

That looks awesome shocking other enemies for stepping on his toe xD Yeah can't wait to see the updates.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 03:43:37 PM »
Will more maps/levels be added to this also?? And how soon do you think if so.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2017, 01:54:55 AM »
I noticed the Iceborn was more done because the Shockborn was still only like a re-skin. I can't wait to see them being able to telegraph the Charge Dart stun effect.

You can test the Acidborn with me or something also so we can make him perfect btw yeah you would go in credit for this you can help me make the enemy profile on him I will make one on the first ones first. Modding Turok isn't impossible there's just a bit of details to learn first- if you wrap around the basics the other stuff starts to slowly align itself. At least that's what happens to me heh. There is help also. First glance is tougher than later on mate. I bet you will have something one day xD but I want that Doom 64 map!

Will more maps/levels be added to this also?? And how soon do you think if so.

I could say planned ideas but its only wip talks, yes there will be more levels they will also be more focused to there features. For example the Shockborn have there own lair etc etc. Once i do enemy profiles it will give more focus on what's happening here some.

woopy
Goldberg

There are people here who i'm sure would help you if you had a question or got stuck Abyssal.

Btw yeah a green variant to add to this mod with sounds cool. And i seen your pictures of your fireborns in mp will you release that or mp version soon? Raptor rok fest!

Yes Fireborn fest featuring all these variants its pretty fun so far I bet you will like it.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:56:37 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2017, 03:36:11 AM »
I would have to watch video tutorials on modding, I learn much better with videos.

Doom 64: That map, I have been working more on again. Sometimes the little things can still be frustrating. Remember one of the halls with the water candle features I made? I had to readjust the texture because the sky box from the outside area was clipping through on certain angles. If you stood there long enough you'd hear the thunder. xD The cage texture I used. I moved the bar parts until it touched the sides because the sides have no texture and that's how I could see the purple sky through it.

Even though I probably won't understand it, you can PM some shots of the script or whatever the values are for damage/HP and so on... It's still interesting to try and learn how it's all done.

It would also be cool to make a larger Fireborn with the larger Undead fire attack. It's kinda disappointing they never got that or at least some slightly different move-set based on fire attacks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal