Author Topic: Fireseed v0.9.2 - Model & Animation Editor  (Read 38316 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Re: Fireseed v0.8 - Model & Animation Editor
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »
1) i opened the model viewer for the first time. I imported "bannana_Eater", he is all collapsed on the flloor. I then imported its animations, after going to the animation tab. Nothing changed. Is there a specific order in which we have to import them?

2) As for custom animated models, do we just rig and export the models as obj? Sorry im not sure what the process would be for that.

3) How do you play animations? i didnt see a "play" button.

4. Can we export the skinned meshes out, as in if i load in a weapon, would i be able to export it out into my modeling package to check the scale, etc?

I understand this is work in progress, but just wodnering if those things are possible already. Keep up the great work!

1) I haven't done anything for viewing Animations yet. What you're seeing is the skinned mesh with no bone transforms.

2) You create your animated model in an appropriate format that supports bones and animation like you normally would in your modelling program. Then you'll be able to import it in. You can import the skinned mesh right now but theres no animation yet.

4) I haven't done exporting yet. not sure I will, well maybe....we'll see. If you need to check scale right now you can import a static mesh and compare it to a model in the game such as the endtrail enemy.

What would a custom models appropriate format be like? For example, do I create a standard key frame based .obj animation made with blender? What do I need to follow... What pipeline or model.. Do I need to maintain in order to have a sucsessfully convertible animated model for use with fireseed.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 10:57:28 AM »
1) i opened the model viewer for the first time. I imported "bannana_Eater", he is all collapsed on the flloor. I then imported its animations, after going to the animation tab. Nothing changed. Is there a specific order in which we have to import them?

2) As for custom animated models, do we just rig and export the models as obj? Sorry im not sure what the process would be for that.

3) How do you play animations? i didnt see a "play" button.

4. Can we export the skinned meshes out, as in if i load in a weapon, would i be able to export it out into my modeling package to check the scale, etc?

I understand this is work in progress, but just wodnering if those things are possible already. Keep up the great work!

1) I haven't done anything for viewing Animations yet. What you're seeing is the skinned mesh with no bone transforms.

2) You create your animated model in an appropriate format that supports bones and animation like you normally would in your modelling program. Then you'll be able to import it in. You can import the skinned mesh right now but theres no animation yet.

4) I haven't done exporting yet. not sure I will, well maybe....we'll see. If you need to check scale right now you can import a static mesh and compare it to a model in the game such as the endtrail enemy.

What would a custom models appropriate format be like? For example, do I create a standard key frame based .obj animation made with blender? What do I need to follow... What pipeline or model.. Do I need to maintain in order to have a sucsessfully convertible animated model for use with fireseed.

how would one go about making a bone. ive tried three methods. each time im told no bones present and one has been created. how can I take a model in a editor and make a animation, i know how to use fireseed to convert it at that point. also srry im a bit autistic so i come off like a pain in the ass sometimes i notice. if i ever do that never mind me. keep in mind im thrilled and thank the gods for you and what you have accomplished. im totally stoked about all of this.

i need to know what model and guidelines to follow, what methods should be used. there are multiple different kind of bone based animation formats. any tips?

thnx again

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »
You create animations as you normally would in your modelling program for any of the supported formats. I haven't done animations yet so it won't work correctly right now.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 09:21:43 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered in the thread, but how do I get Fireseed to properly import bones with a mesh? It seems that no matter what I do, the import states there was no bones and thus, it has created a default
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:25:31 PM by DoomMarine23 »

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »
I haven't done some animation stuff yet such as importing all the bones on skinned meshes.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2017, 09:44:12 PM »
Ah, I understand my man. Take your time.

Offline raul

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 01:57:27 AM »
Would you maybe take donations :)  I am really looking forward to this getting finished. I started figuring out the modding of turok earlier on the year. Life kicked in and i decided it was ok to give it some time specially after you announced this tool. I particularly looking forward for the animation tool. There a few custom animated meshes i would like to make.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:59:39 AM by raul »

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 07:40:13 PM »
I was working on it a bit earlier this week. Was changing the UI to make it easy to go through all the models in the game and see what's what as well as a few other things. I'll be updating it to 0.9 with those changes soon. After that I'll work on getting the animations in from other models for at least the collada .dae format.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 01:47:45 PM »
I was working on it a bit earlier this week. Was changing the UI to make it easy to go through all the models in the game and see what's what as well as a few other things. I'll be updating it to 0.9 with those changes soon. After that I'll work on getting the animations in from other models for at least the collada .dae format.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT! Good work man thanks for this stuff. Lol just one more post and you can reach 100 post.

I hate to bug you more than you probably are but it would be great if fireseed featured the model importer for turok 1. I have imported a model into turok 1 but let's face it its a hassle and kind of tedious process. I would love that ...well keep it up man its really appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:03:35 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 05:47:31 PM »

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT! Good work man thanks for this stuff. Lol just one more post and you can reach 100 post.

I hate to bug you more than you probably are but it would be great if fireseed featured the model importer for turok 1. I have imported a model into turok 1 but let's face it its a hassle and kind of tedious process. I would love that ...well keep it up man its really appreciated.
This reminds me of the old Turok 1 PC model and animation viewer from back before the remaster was even announced. Good old times...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal