Author Topic: Dinosaur Hunter Screens  (Read 28693 times)

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
Re: Dinosaur Hunter Screens
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 01:19:07 AM »
Raptor calls?? hehh

Reminds me of Jurassic Park :)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
Fucking awesome!
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 03:08:09 AM »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 08:14:12 AM »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6mLr-Dr8Vf3cnhQQUdEOVdBVkE
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6mLr-Dr8Vf3Y2FOQXdIZmhJcE0/view?usp=sharing
 I created a couple of Log textures for Turok for my pwn use and I thought I'd share them here.

It takes a little effort to put them in your game.kpf file. As it took me a little effort to make them. If you need help post a message here but I think the few guys here that will try them already know how to replace the files in the texture folder. If a lot of people don't know what to do with these I can write a white paper to explain it.

Best to all - Gazer

Whitepaper --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6mLr-Dr8Vf3a2FBUG5DblhfTXc/view?usp=sharing

There are only .png files in this zip file. If you find anything else, don't touch it 'cause it is not from me. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6mLr-Dr8Vf3cmRweDhnOVVjNmM
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:37:49 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 02:29:10 PM »
It takes a little effort to put them in your game.kpf file.

You really shouldn't be modifying game.kpf: https://smoke39.github.io/turok/getting_started.html

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 05:27:59 PM »
Wow hey n1ce link, thank you that's the first time I've seen that.

What I'd really like to see is some information on how to add new textures to the game. Not replace textures like I have shown here. If anybody has had success with adding new assets to the game such as a texture, could you link that here? I understand that Plissken has added some assets, I'd like to know how. I feebly tried to add new texture into 'texturesetinfo.txt'  but was unsuccessful.

of course if I had figured it out then my post with the textures would have been different.

gg-Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 06:45:10 PM »
I dunno if you've explored my guide any further, but you can indeed add new texture variants in textureSetInfo, which can then be applied via script or in the level editor, depending on what you're trying to apply it to.

If you're talking about adding a new model to the game with its own textures, you have to do some arcane bullshit only a few people seem to really have a handle on.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 09:08:23 AM »
 ;D8):-*??? - :o  rotflmao  n1ce

So hell I went ahead and did it. I added a new asset to the game in the form of a rock with a custom texture. Standing alone with it's pwn shader and everything. So it can be done! you see I'm new to Turok on PC. I bought the original N64 game on the third day of it's initial release and paid above retail at best buy to get it. It was like $75 USD!

So I was able to convert an existing model, to my grimey little paws using exportobj and then retexture it and importobj with new texture applied. So It's a cave_rock from the game with a new file directory and separate texture and shader file. So both rocks could be used side by side in the same map. If applied to the logs textures that I made you could have different colored logs together and not be limited to only one texture at a time.

Thanks for the kick in the pants Smoke, and thanks Duke for the tutorials on import / exportobj. Sometimes it's better to be late to the party!  ::)

check the screens below
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:12:04 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2017, 08:14:35 PM »
Nice job man pretty awesome you got it, nice getting the rock model in game :) I remember first time I did it, I was very proud of myself xD congrats. Turok on N64 was how I started also you're really not late if you are talking about Turok remaster its just a year old.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:15:54 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal