Author Topic: Turok Enhanced Interview with Night Dive Studios  (Read 21631 times)

Offline jmmreview

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Enhanced Interview with Night Dive Studios
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 07:00:00 PM »
That is awesome Duke, I try and tell as many people about Turok Enhanced as I can but if they haven't played the original they don't seem to be interested =/
So has Kaiser really been working on this since 2011? That is crazy, I am guessing he didn't always work for Night Dive in that time?
Also I hope it doesn't take another 5 years for Turok 2 Enhanced XD

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 06:30:24 PM »
Yeah also to further explain because it gets a bit tricky.. Turok ex was just a fan project similar to Doom 64 ex made for fun by a fan with the goal to try and make it run better. Night Dive did some magic acquired the rights to release Turok, they must of had belief in the game to pursuit it. But i'm sure they already knew about Turok ex since Kaiser has worked with Night Dive Studios before with the Strife Veteran Edition. I'm pretty sure there may be another game he might of did with Night Dive to but these I remember clearly.

So he did work with Night Dive before but Turok itself didn't start off with Night Dive.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:19:47 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 03:21:13 PM »
Getting rights to release games is not cake im sure it takes time, relationships, and money. Probably not as easy as Night Dives making it seem though. But yeah some relaxation is probably in there well deserved. This isn't 2k were talking about 2k has millions to spare and work with its probably harder managing and bringing up a new label :s
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 05:43:16 PM »
Getting rights to release games is not cake im sure it takes time, relationships, and money. Probably not as easy as Night Dives making it seem though. But yeah some relaxation is probably in there well deserved. This isn't 2k were talking about 2k has millions to spare and work with its probably harder managing and bringing up a new label :s
Its very easy to get a license if the creator wants a quick buck. alot of unreleased games from tge 80's/90's get released later cause the developer wants cash for his work.

Your very right, I'm establishing a startup business myself, going to inquire on some franchise ownership rights and/or franchise production rights.  any indi can post a game on steam for sale, so distrabution is a insured thing granted PR or the one man army of a developer and release knows the trend and can project finances, investments and sales with decent accuracy. Hell if they don't even know what there doing or makeing steam will post it for sale or tree light, if not just to make some bucks off of the sale who didn't know what to do when it came to steam distrabution.  On top of that, the rights to franchise market is going through a phase now, bigwig studios, law offices, even random small time firms all willing to sell at the lowest roller I seen in a very long time, even touchstone, universal and nbc ( parent company to so much more and a absorbent of everything from paramount to MGM, ) are selling rights to some pretty cool titles at unbalivbly low prices. I the days that are the best to jump on the wagon  are now.  And Ithose interested should do the same before there is no rights to cool franchises to pick up anymore, I'm sure soon the remaining owners will get up to motion and change  there tune here real soon and with all of this in handed and coupled with the concept that "now and days  nostalgia sells."

I'll be done renovating my property for being photogenic when it comes to displaying where The startup will be stationed out of. I am acquiring already on a few title's. All that would be left is to get solid 100% convince blue proof that a product I am presenting to investors would sell.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 05:45:17 PM »
Its very easy to get a license if the creator wants a quick buck. alot of unreleased games from tge 80's/90's get released later cause the developer wants cash for his work.

Buy hey... Lol... You know me;) all that still doesn't take Turok and kex away as my number one goal in this life, and within every back to back day I'll spend on creating my work for it. :)

Your very right, I'm establishing a startup business myself, going to inquire on some franchise ownership rights and/or franchise production rights.  any indi can post a game on steam for sale, so distrabution is a insured thing granted PR or the one man army of a developer and release knows the trend and can project finances, investments and sales with decent accuracy. Hell if they don't even know what there doing or makeing steam will post it for sale or tree light, if not just to make some bucks off of the sale who didn't know what to do when it came to steam distrabution.  On top of that, the rights to franchise market is going through a phase now, bigwig studios, law offices, even random small time firms all willing to sell at the lowest roller I seen in a very long time, even touchstone, universal and nbc ( parent company to so much more and a absorbent of everything from paramount to MGM, ) are selling rights to some pretty cool titles at unbalivbly low prices. I the days that are the best to jump on the wagon  are now.  And Ithose interested should do the same before there is no rights to cool franchises to pick up anymore, I'm sure soon the remaining owners will get up to motion and change  there tune here real soon and with all of this in handed and coupled with the concept that "now and days  nostalgia sells."

I'll be done renovating my property for being photogenic when it comes to displaying where The startup will be stationed out of. I am acquiring already on a few title's. All that would be left is to get solid 100% convince blue proof that a product I am presenting to investors would sell.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal