Author Topic: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Cancelled Gameboy Advance Prototype)  (Read 17134 times)

Offline The Last Rose of Summer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 79
    • View Profile
So, while a lot of us are used to the main quadrilogy of Acclaim Turok titles, and subsequent reboot series, a few of us were also acquainted with the versions released on portable platforms. Did you know there was originally going to be a first person shooter port of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, to be released on the Gameboy Advance?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENzi0J2HSaM

It only reached the prototype phase; but much like Halo DS, this was going to be a true game. As gameplay shows; it was very much a prototype. The player was able to phase through walls, graphical hiccups were rampant and particle effects, alongside general effects seemed to be very primitive, most likely to actually get the title to run on the Gameboy console.

Any thoughts on this? Would anyone have bought it, had it come to fruition?

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Cancelled Gameboy Advance Prototype)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 08:37:34 PM »
I never even heard of this at all and I think I would play the heck out of it. Would of been bad ass I think. When I first heard that there were game boy versions of the games I immediately thought they were fps games. So this would have been awesome ! Thanks for sharing to and welcome :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Hendricks266

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 08:45:38 PM »
This prototype was found and dumped, so if you can find it you can try it yourself.

http://www.hidden-palace.org/?releases/1089

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:16:32 PM »
I'm not sure what the rules are for posting downloads on these boards, but they can be found fairly easily, with Google at least.

And yeah, I definitely would have bought it. If I can have fun with the Crazy Taxi GBA port, I can enjoy almost anything. :P

EDIT: Actually, if we can have a sticky with a link to all of the released GB Turoks, it should be absolutely fine to do this: Link

(they're down at the bottom)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:18:12 PM by operative lm »

Offline The Last Rose of Summer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 02:28:30 AM »
I never even heard of this at all and I think I would play the heck out of it. Would of been bad ass I think. When I first heard that there were game boy versions of the games I immediately thought they were fps games. So this would have been awesome ! Thanks for sharing to and welcome :)
Thanks for the welcome! It's good to be in a rather active Turok community, outside of the Wiki. Gotta love those fans who've stuck by for years.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »
You mean including it inside the game boy package that we already have up? Cool :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »
I thought this belonged here hehe I think it would atleast would have been better then the ones they do have out. Im curious how the raptor would have looked :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 12:09:09 PM »
It probably wouldn't of been to good since they cancelled it that normally means something heavy is in the way. But it still would of been fun and I admit I never heard of this thing before though. Nice post :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal