Author Topic: Lost Land Map Project  (Read 7212 times)

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Lost Land Map Project
« on: January 26, 2018, 04:34:34 PM »
Hello everyone, kind of a side project that I've been working on ever since the new year started.

Been working on a somewhat canonical map of the lost land, my iteration is kind of based on the model of a flat earth.  My first inspiration to undergo this was an image of a flat earth I found on Bing:

Very wild, but the mythology it uses was too normal and bland for me, so I raised it up a notch and made a flat earth version of the Acclaim Turok universe:

I might add game boy locations later on, but i'm very satisfied with what's shown here, enjoy :)

Edit: Uncompressed version: http://www.mediafire.com/view/dfe8e6961930d58/lostlandflatearth.png
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:42:12 PM by Badger »

Offline Reienkyo Mac Perpis

• Iguana
  • T:REP 92
  • Slegs have rights!.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Land Map Project
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 10:43:24 AM »
Looks good, a great effort was put in this proyect, few people care about this part for any kind of histories. I think a more Evolution stile of map was a better step, in my opinion of course, i dont try to offend.
+Fireborns dreams whit sheeps on fire?.+

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 07:48:51 PM »
Thank you very much.  :feather:

If i were to do something like this again, should of made it more vintage looking as evolution's is. Kinda have a premium paint on tapestry tho, so it all works out good :P

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:12:43 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/ud8vNy2

Aight, well I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news is I expanded the old map to be side by side 2 other maps containing modded levels and campaigns from turok 1 and 2!!!

Bad news is I forgot I was supposed to make it vintage looking without so many colors!! :(

(sorry)

Uncompressed View: http://www.mediafire.com/view/bd35updlg8y3y12/lostlandflatearthmodded.png/file

I hope you enjoy anyway! Unlike the previous map, these will be updated as time goes on because I know I forgot some things to add in there..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:27:30 PM by Badger »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:47:20 PM »
That's pretty awesome there gj I actually agree with where my maps are located and especially B464. It does seem like it would be located in the area of Mountain of the Sun hah.

:raptoid:
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 12:32:13 AM »
That's pretty awesome there gj I actually agree with where my maps are located and especially B464. It does seem like it would be located in the area of Mountain of the Sun hah.

:raptoid:

That's good to know. I can always move map markers for people if requested, also can change the color of the area around it even. Theres a few maps i forgot to include (including one of my own  :dizzy:) so if anyone wants their location moved talk to me :P

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:49 PM »
Looks awesome for fitting all the custom maps in. Funny the MOTS maps just keep going up.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:30:07 PM by Badger »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal