Author Topic: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects  (Read 124365 times)

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 06:52:42 AM »
I just spent the better part of 2 days rebuilding a section of that map and I'm still not done fixing it. All for like 5 minutes of gameplay! I gotta finish this sukka. I might need more help.  :D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 07:07:57 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 10:07:20 AM »
Looks awesome! Just ask if you need help with something :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 11:11:22 PM »
I just spent the better part of 2 days rebuilding a section of that map and I'm still not done fixing it. All for like 5 minutes of gameplay! I gotta finish this sukka. I might need more help.  :D

I'll be here too, if you need help on things.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 06:46:19 AM »
I'm nearly done, I hope by the end of this week I'll have my level dialed in. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i5cgwulxcyu3ol/HizouseHub.jpg?dl=0
I only have to finalize weapon placement and enemy placement and ammo locations. Map is done.

zing - Gazer
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:45:31 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 01:25:09 AM »
I was in the middle of writing a post about how this didn't feel like it had a place in the game when inspiration struck for a possible solution.  It didn't pan out, but it led me to another idea that I think might work.

Anyway, the idea is that sergeants will drop an "energy adapter" once you get the assault rifle.  This'll give you a way to use the energy cells they drop before you get the pulse rifle, and also give an explanation for why the fuck they shoot red plasma from ordinary rifles.  I'd also change cyborg projectiles to cyan, since they visually have real pulse rifles, so everything would finally be nice and consistent.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 02:43:43 AM »
I think that looks like something I would like in my level. I think I read a part of a Turok 'graphic novel' once. I don't know the story of Turok as depicted in the literature. If I was good at modeling with a outside proggie, I would build an oldschool shooter level with this editor. A few brick and mortar square building blocks, and other new textured walls and floors and you could build a cool Doom style shooter with this editor. Where the rifle shoots red plasma from a experimental military upgrade to battle demon spawn! lol I humor myself with 12 year old creativity.  ???

looks cool Smoke.
No Ciggi

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »

Doom 2 level 1 Entryway: Ancient Entryway

64 is letting me finish this level and post it! I wont let you down. Coming Soon :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 05:10:08 PM »
64 is letting me finish this level and post it! I wont let you down. Coming Soon :)

Yes, just be sure to keep the .txt file I have inside the KPF and add what you do into the text file with your name.

Good work guys looks nice! Love seeing new stuff.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:56:38 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2017, 07:54:30 AM »
Killer Ahi lurking  :o

rotflmao - gazer
No Ciggi

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
Works in Progress Thread
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2017, 10:23:20 PM »
Hey guys, I hope this thread is alright with all of you. I have a lot of WIP content for Turok 1 & 2 so I decided to make a thread not just for me, but for everyone to use. I figure that some of us are probably in the middle of cool projects that we want to show, but don't feel are ready for release or a dedicated thread just yet. I hope that by having a public place to share our work, we can help motivate each other and motivate other people to get involved with modding! I figure if you guys are cool with this one, I'll make one for Turok 2 soon.

Right now I'm working on various pieces of content I intend to be modder's resources. First I'm bringing back the beta tomahawk as a new full weapon and soon with custom animations & sounds. Second I designed a double barrel shotgun for fun but decided it was actually kind of cool. Hope to get this in the game someday when object conversion supports multiple nodes for animation. Third is something I think will excite some, a bunch of dead body props which will be part of a big prop pack for mappers.

I got a lot more stuff to show but I think this was a good first batch  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal