Author Topic: Favorite Weapons Discussion  (Read 14165 times)

Offline Ninten46

• Iguana
  • T:REP 16
    • View Profile
Favorite Weapons Discussion
« on: November 30, 2015, 01:06:16 PM »
I feel that in regards to the Turok games, especially Turok 2 out of all of them that the weapons were the main point of the game and one of the many creative aspects about the series as a whole. Since Turok 2 had the most versatile and imaginative weapons in the series (my highly projected opinion  8) ), I feel like we could use a favorite weapons thread.

My personal favorite weapon in the game is the Plasma Rifle personally. It's a weapon that comes in rather late in the game yes, but it is a weapon that I feel works really well at times and the sound effect for the weapon alone is just satisfying with it's casual "BOOMPAH!" sound, plus the effect it can have on enemies sometimes like when it blows off the entire torso of an enemy is just so brutally satisfying and... well fun.  ;D

Offline Ninten46

• Iguana
  • T:REP 16
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Weapons Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:44:46 AM »
Everyone likes the plasma rifle because its overpowered lol.

I don't know if I could call it overpowered, sadly  :-\ . Unless someone uses the sniper scope utilization, enemies require more than one hit to kill with it.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »
I know its not the strongest weapon but I really liked the Tekbow in Turok 2. It has a smooth design and is pretty much the Turok signature weapon. If you go into scope mode you can shoot really fast and the noises it makes are unique.

I AM ADON

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:47:31 AM »
Oh heheh you know mine is the Cerebral Bore!! No weapon has gone where this one has gone :) and when its spinning on your noggin you can't move making easy targets and the animations just looks so great!

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:25:00 AM »
Everyone likes the plasma rifle because its overpowered lol.

I don't know if I could call it overpowered, sadly  :-\ . Unless someone uses the sniper scope utilization, enemies require more than one hit to kill with it.

Yeah, I have to agree.

It's quite good in sniper mode but on the 64 version (I've only played that), the hit detection is atrocious! Most weapons, but especially that. I'm not sure how it is on PC. It's huge ammo packs are the best because of the full capacity. It's still a cool weapon despite poor hit detection.

I like all the weapons because they make killing enemies an art. Especially the Cerebral Bore.

The Shotgun with Explosive Shells on Raptoids is one of the most satisfying things, when they all go SPLAT! xD Even when you get the Shredder, it's still good to use the basic. Even the Pistol still has a use to me after acquiring the Mag60 upgrade because I only want to spend one bullet on some switches in level 4 and barrels.

The Tek Bow and War Blade are the only upgrades that replaces the use of the original weapons for me.

I think the Razor Wind is cool but it's annoying when it gets stuck. I guess it makes up for how powerful it is...

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
Well this is another trick question heh its a bit to tough to pick a favorite in T2 but I will mention some :)

Shotgun: You can switch between explosive shells and regular ammo an option not available in T1. The design again looks appealing and has a force when it fires. It is also really damaging up close and puts holes in enemies while explosives explode them of course.

Nuke: Has a really good design imo and just having a nuke is bad ass. The exploding animation reminds me of the chronoscepter in T1 I would prefer the chronscepter but if I had it my way Turok would have them both :)

Plasma Rifle: You need to be precise with this gun and it requires a little practice but with this gun your aim is your best friend and your enemy :) The sound is great and it sure feels good to hit someone in mp and sp in it. Going through the scope is extra detail on the weapon.

Thought I would add some of my mp pics for good show hehe :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »
I really like those screenshots though man. Especially the last one with the raptor. Nooo dont shoot.

Sorry I can't choose a favorite weapon here I like them all seriously. Turok 2 has some of the best weapons in all fps games. But so does the other Turok games :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
It's got to be the Cerebral Bore but I like them all! I like how it stops players in there tracks if there low on health it kills them but otherwise you get to choose a weapon to finish them up with. Haha grenade launcher while the enemies are stuck with cerebral bores on there heads.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 02:42:48 AM »
Yeah the cerebral bore is legendary itself many know about it even if its all they know about Turok.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 07:22:07 PM »
I would have to say the Shredder is my favorite, due to it's creativity and complexity. (for the time)
Well that didn't work

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal