Turok General > Info/Help

Any of the Remaster Devs Here?

(1/2) > >>

Old One Eye:
Just wondering if any of the devs from the two PC remasters frequent this forum.

It would be nice to say hiya in a slightly calmer environment than the Steam discussions thread. :)

Gazer:
Hey One Eye, I imagine everyone at Nightdive is earning they're pay right about now. With little time to take a breather. Duke is the main administrator here and has set up this forum and maintains it. So you see he's the developer of this site. I think I have seen posts from Kaiser, and Edward here, but they are matter of fact and not social network stuff.

So really the answer to your question is, don't hold your breath waiting for them.  :-[

Sorry I couldn't get online today until now for some WolfET action. Had a busy morning and just getting online now. But we'll get there, and I hope we can get some joiners out of this crowd of players here at the forum. Did you fire it up and try the Noobcity server? It has a lot of custom maps on that server. The main maps are sufficient and easy to learn. (offensive team vs. defensive) I'll try and setup a server with bots on 1 team only. I'm in California but I saw a lot of servers online, some in the UK. Turn PB off unless you really think a cheater will ruin your day. Most servers leave it off I think.

gg -gl -hf -Gazer

Old One Eye:
I have noticed that Kaiser rarely rears his head in the Doom community these days but I thought that Edward might pop over here as he has quite and active presence both on Steam and the ZDoom forum.  In saying that, he has zero presence on the GOG (where both remasters are for sale...) so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised he doesn't visit here.  Seems a shame though.  At least they'd get some proper feedback from people who understand the Turok series...

As for Enemy Territory:  No worries, as it turns out I didn't get much time to concentrate on learning a new game anyway.  I installed the game and had a run around in a random server for a few minutes but that was about it.

It would be nice to get a wee group together at some point though.  And, yeah, I've left PB off.  I still have sleepless nights remembering the headaches that software caused me back in the 'good' old days!

Jay Doomed:

--- Quote from: Old One Eye on March 27, 2017, 06:10:03 AM ---At least they'd get some proper feedback from people who understand the Turok series...

--- End quote ---

I'm sure they're around here somewhere at least checking but yeah its odd because those two games must of consumed there lives the last few years and well this here is the REAL fan base of those games. We don't do it for recognition and getting known on steam we do it because we love Turok while they do it in hopes to get a new subscriber on YT.

Yeah Kaiser, Quasar, and Edward850 are active on the Doomworld forum which has gone on for years. So give us here a few more years. This forum is already impressive and rich with history in such a short period of time. You only get real fans here for the most part only crazy Turok fans BEWARE xD

But people here will be here for YEARS to come and have been playing for years even through the DEAD SILENCE. They should also be paying attention to gog users to some degree because I know at least 10 real Turok fans who are on gog. Anyways, 64 has direct connection with those guys since he is involved to a degree with the game. Maybe they just don't want to be all on here or gog so they could keep it all in one spot.

Old One Eye:
Ah, I didn't realise that Duke64 was actually involved in the game.  I just thought he was very eager. :D

It's true that this place hasn't been around for that long.  It seems to be a pretty positive place - here's hoping it stays that way.  I have to take a break from the Doom forums every so often as it always gets toxic at some point...  To many geeks with very particular ideas I suppose...

I hope the devs are keeping an eye on the GOG forum too.  There's not a lot of activity there but it'd be nice to think that the GOG purchasers' views and thoughts are as important to Night Dive et al as the Steam buyers'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version