Author Topic: Welcome new member  (Read 73530 times)

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome new member
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2018, 08:33:26 AM »
Greetings, my friend! :alien:

Offline Belmont legacy

• Iguana
  • T:REP 46
    • View Profile
(d) evolution
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »
 :turok: Hello everyone. So long story short, I'm a die hard Turok fan. I've been a fan since I was 5 or 6 watching my aunt's (then) boyfriend play the first one for HOURS, and when I was about 9 I picked up my own copy of 2. I Loved it as well as 3 which I got shortly after. Then came this one... Oh boy. At first glance and play I was in love
 Then I got to chapter 3. I was getting owned like a scrub. A Turok veteran getting my butt KICKED. And not because of the gameplay per say but the glitches and "checkpoints". Oh my Lord the glitches and "checkpoints". Falling off cliffs without dying until I picked up a med pack which THEN killed me, enemies shooting me through walls, horrible enemy placement, etc. And the checkpoint system. I mean it's honestly, barely existent. No lives either. Now I guess you can argue with this by saying it could be worst and be perma death but still. Now don't get me wrong. I can definitely see where they were going with this game. The environments are beautiful, some of the stealth segments are very satisfying, (except for having to climb across a rope in the last segment of chapter 4 that almost killed me due to a glitch) and while the weapons aren't anything to really bat an eye at, I understand that maybe they're like this because this was the prequel. However, I just can't see what all the great reviews and praise is about here. It's a decent game for what it is but honestly it's not a whole lot. At least to me. I'd really love to see this series pick up after 3 tbh and give us something much more fun and polished.

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
Re: (d) evolution
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »
:turok: Hello everyone. So long story short, I'm a die hard Turok fan. I've been a fan since I was 5 or 6 watching my aunt's (then) boyfriend play the first one for HOURS, and when I was about 9 I picked up my own copy of 2. I Loved it as well as 3 which I got shortly after. Then came this one... Oh boy. At first glance and play I was in love
 Then I got to chapter 3. I was getting owned like a scrub. A Turok veteran getting my butt KICKED. And not because of the gameplay per say but the glitches and "checkpoints". Oh my Lord the glitches and "checkpoints". Falling off cliffs without dying until I picked up a med pack which THEN killed me, enemies shooting me through walls, horrible enemy placement, etc. And the checkpoint system. I mean it's honestly, barely existent. No lives either. Now I guess you can argue with this by saying it could be worst and be perma death but still. Now don't get me wrong. I can definitely see where they were going with this game. The environments are beautiful, some of the stealth segments are very satisfying, (except for having to climb across a rope in the last segment of chapter 4 that almost killed me due to a glitch) and while the weapons aren't anything to really bat an eye at, I understand that maybe they're like this because this was the prequel. However, I just can't see what all the great reviews and praise is about here. It's a decent game for what it is but honestly it's not a whole lot. At least to me. I'd really love to see this series pick up after 3 tbh and give us something much more fun and polished.
Welcome to the forums!  :raptoid:

Offline Reienkyo Mac Perpis

• Iguana
  • T:REP 92
  • Slegs have rights!.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome new member
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2018, 05:24:57 PM »
Welcome to the Lost Land Belmont!
+Fireborns dreams whit sheeps on fire?.+

Offline NuclearShield

• Iguana
  • T:REP 25
    • View Profile
Newcomer
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2018, 06:02:08 PM »
Hello to anyone who came to this thread.  My name is what you see to the left of this post.  I've seen this place before some years ago, but finally made an account here sometime last months.

I've played a good number of the Turok games.

Turok Rage Wars
Turok Evolution
Turok II
Turok III
Turok Dinosaur Hunter

The Gameboy Color Versions of Turok Rage Wars, Seeds of Evil, and Shadow of Oblivion.  Although the last two were played through an Emulator.

Anyways, what got me to really stick around was Raffine52's Turok weapon Doom mods that he did as well as his "The World is Not Enough" weapons mod for doom.  From there, my interest and curiosity got sparked a little bit more and more until I eventually made an account here.

So, that's really my story.  So, how does it go for everyone around these parts?

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
Re: Newcomer
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2018, 03:19:09 AM »
Welcome! : ) Goes fine, for me, tnx. Join us on promo party in T2 co op remaster, btw, today hehe, so your list will be longer xD. You can see me, most, in classic T2 mp. I must say i wish to try Turok Evolution mp mod, hehe and best turok fun i had was in split screen, in Rage Wars....
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Newcomer
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2018, 08:01:08 AM »
Welcome.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal