Author Topic: Report Turok 1 bugs  (Read 21383 times)

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Report Turok 1 bugs
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 11:29:49 AM »
^I thought I was the only one noticing how unusually OP (Overpowered) the Chronoscepter was in the case of blasting The Campaigner, but I did check that battle out on Easy or Normal before I properly played it. I didn't kill him because I had cheats on and I don't want to earn the achievements that way. Unless Steam has them disabled when cheats are active? I haven't finished, so I'll begin level 7 soon.

The blast took off half The Campaigner's health and I remember it being much less in the older game. I should check it out on Hardcore mode to see if his resistance has been buffed, unless someone can clarify that already?

I kinda don't want to use the Chronoscepter at the start because killing him easily will feel cheap. Maybe I'll blast him when he's down to that last few HP or by any reason he starts kicking my arse like Longhunter almost did! xD

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »
In the original game, all 3 shots leave the campaigner with around half his health.

It has to be a bug because the t-rex doesnt get hurt nearly as much.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 10:01:53 AM »
I finally completed the game and got all 8 achievements.

The Chronosceptor did feel a bit OP on the Campaigner and I used that as a final blow weapon. It wasn't much of a challenge, though it was on Easy. I just used the Minigun, seeming that does pretty weak damage for a weapon that shreds through rounds at the most rapid rate.

As for a bug report:

Thunder got stuck on this part before I killed him. I was farming respawing ammo and that's when he got stuck. I capped this at the time. As you can see... I came prepared with armor, even though I didn't really need it. xD The enemies in the fortress do lots of damage, but I'll have to player harder the next time.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:08:27 AM by Dragon of Hades »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »
The T-rex getting stuck that isn't the first time I heard that... I will look into it and see if Kaiser knows any reason why that can happen.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 11:57:57 AM »
The T-rex getting stuck that isn't the first time I heard that... I will look into it and see if Kaiser knows any reason why that can happen.

I forgot to mention that I had a major lag happen for a few seconds when fighting The Campaigner. It went away when I paused, but I thought the game was going to freeze (I was so use to the ROM doing that on the emulator). Could it have been other running processes running in the background or Steam itself?

I didn't have the browser on and nothing was scanning, though. I've usually had just a few frame jumps during play and nothing serious.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal