Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 296193 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: T2 EX
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 03:46:39 PM »
Umm i'm not 100% but I don't think it was ever freeware Disney owned Turok with Turok 08 and I think the division that Turok was in got sent to Dreamworks. So it is Dreamworks or Disney which...well is never a good thing. So I think Turok was like Duke Nukem. The rights were split. Acclaim/Iguana kept the rights to the classics aka the games they created. But Disney/Dreamworks took the franchise over which means anything "new" related to Turok belongs to them. In this case an editor is probably considered "new material" and maybe they are fighting it to prevent the release. Again this is just my guess but I have been talking things over some with Duke64 here. Not saying that he gave me any sensitive information though just the basic pieces then I make my own assumptions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:50:17 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Dinosoid

• Iguana
  • T:REP 680
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 01:21:57 PM by Dinosoid »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »
Turok 2 yeah its still coming its been said publicly also so that's great can't wait to lock & load.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:05:07 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
So this game was mentioned to with the Night Dive Studios announcement I think it deserves its own thread they wouldn't of announced it if they didn't have plans for it in the making. I know all the hype is with Turok EX for the moment but don't forget this was mentioned to. Turok 2 has a good SP and a good MP to go with it. I think this games mp could easily belong on GOG and steam. I for one would be really excited to see both T1 and T2 because its a packaged deal here there the most similar out of all the Turok games.

I think we can just call it T2 EX well anyways I thought it would be okay to talk about this one now to :) Hopefully we get some images or some news on it soon.

I made this just for fun for it :)

After all its already in the data base for steam as well.

https://steamdb.info/app/405830/subs/

With all due respect to night dive, T2 would be fun to work on and prob easier to pull off then my planes on porting Duke nukem zero hour into a remastered revision for PC running on Turoks kex engine. T2 is on both n64 and PC as we all know. The means of extracting models from T2 are very much there, aswell as abilitys in isolating sound effects, sounds ect. It would only be a matter of a few new functions declared to the script engine witch can be externally done to the engine, even by those like me  whom do not even have source code to kex. After that it would be a matter of scripting levels and events to witch end the majority of what's featured in t2 can already be pulled off with kex Turok 1 Dino hunters vanilla functions

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »
I seen this message from Daniel on steam about T2

http://steamcommunity.com/app/405820/discussions/0/350544272220209761/
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline chirac31

• Iguana
  • T:REP 190
  • http://turok.forumactif.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://turok.forumactif.com/
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 02:34:31 AM »
i asked for a map editor if possible, im thinking for old futurs times.
remember all those years waiting for someone who could hack the game to create new maps.
guys ask for it please, our turok2 futur depends on it to!!!

by the way ths is a very good news!!!!!!!

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »
Very good news indeed. Funny how news feed websites are sharing today and you and Vis did yesterday xD

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 09:55:00 AM »
Very good news indeed. Funny how news feed websites are sharing today and you and Vis did yesterday xD

Hahaha Good joke there, well, maybe they less care then we do :P ;)
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »
I don't like hype trains and people who just come to games because its releasing. True fans always stick by there games these people come running just because its coming. They want to put there reviews, get click baits to there sites, and act like they been around all along. When in reality all they're doing is flocking for attention. Don't get me wrong I know there are people who like Turok but its not part of there everyday thoughts. They just like to talk it when its releasing and act like they know what is good for it. Not trying to be mean either lot of ppl think I am mean xD I just say how I see it heheh.

Anyways, I wish we could know a little more about how T2 is going we will probably know soon :)

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:19:35 AM by Jay Doomed »

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »
I can't wait to see what's been added. I wouldn't mind trying multiplayer, even though I'm not big on PvP.

I loved the way the fog and sunlight looked in T1, I wonder what other effects they'll have for this... This was quite a dark game (without fixing the brightness), so it will be interesting to see what the ambiance is like.

I'd like to play at normal settings for once, so the Flashlight and Flair Gun would be useful, once again. Even something simple like that, I missed seeing while playing the emulated version on Project64.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:51:17 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal