Author Topic: Turok 2 (Cancelled) Forum Section  (Read 11419 times)

Offline The Last Rose of Summer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 79
    • View Profile
Turok 2 (Cancelled) Forum Section
« on: May 26, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »
Was wondering if it would be possible to add a "Turok 2" forum section to this website (I mean the Turok 2 from Propaganda; the cancelled one, not Seeds of Evil.) as I personally would love to have a few discussions specific to it alone, yet don't have a place to. If not, that's totally fine; if so, that's also cool!

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 (Cancelled) Forum Section
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »
Good idea I think since it has a section for all other Turok games I am pretty sure duke would add that game to if theres any interest. Would be okay to add it maybe get some discussion about it and some spark for it. I wish it wasn't cancelled :( But I think we should show some support for it In hopes there will be another Turok or continued work on to this one.
Raptor Rok is metal.

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »
On the subject, I do personally feel a Turok revival's on the horizon, if only because of the influx of other dinosaur related games. Someone's gonna see the Turok IP, and go "This can go somewhere".  However, I don't feel that it would hurt to inform the general masses on Turok 2, however, if they don't know. That's just me.

Offline PeanutButter25J

• Raptor
  • T:REP 219
    • View Profile
    • Turok (2008) Online Multiplayer Community
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:53:09 PM »
On the subject, I do personally feel a Turok revival's on the horizon, if only because of the influx of other dinosaur related games. Someone's gonna see the Turok IP, and go "This can go somewhere".  However, I don't feel that it would hurt to inform the general masses on Turok 2, however, if they don't know. That's just me.

Right, It wouldn't hurt. Good idea and I to am sure we will live to see the release of at least one more Turok game ;D

Offline PeanutButter25J

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »
Thers a petition to port turok 2008 over to ps4 or something but id rather have a new game all together, and 50% of the time these fucking things dont do anything.

Well good thing this game was released for the PC. When Xbox live shuts down on the 360, I have plans to play online on the PC version. Which already looks better than it would have ever looked on a PS4 "remaster" 1080P 60FPS ya buddy!

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 06:26:33 PM »
I don't think PC's servers are up, anymore. I have a copy (torrented, albeit. However, I didn't want to. I just couldn't find a legitimate copy anymore) and when I try to set up an online account, it won't connect to 'em. Unless you have a fix, somehow.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 07:46:52 PM »
Turok 2 board is now available. I would like to discuss also and who knows maybe find out something I don't know. Or just to spark flames towards a new Turok.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline PeanutButter25J

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 09:42:41 PM »
I don't think PC's servers are up, anymore. I have a copy (torrented, albeit. However, I didn't want to. I just couldn't find a legitimate copy anymore) and when I try to set up an online account, it won't connect to 'em. Unless you have a fix, somehow.

No, you are right. Im almost 100% sure the Turok PC servers were shut down. But it would still be possible to play online through the Lan network of the game. You would do this be using a Lan networking software like tunngle. I have used it to play pirated games online in the past before, but never got around to testing it with turok because no one had it :( Maybe you can help me out in the testing, since you have it? Not now but in the future, as I sold my GPU to buy a new bike :P Need to buy a new GPU. A GTX 970... sounds great ;D

Offline PeanutButter25J

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 09:44:18 PM »
Turok 2 board is now available. I would like to discuss also and who knows maybe find out something I don't know. Or just to spark flames towards a new Turok.

Nice! ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal