Author Topic: What type of maps would you like to see or make?  (Read 30057 times)

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
Re: What type of maps would you like to see or make?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 12:35:38 PM »
Because just because it works on literal paper doesn't mean it's going to work on the game.

That's the charm of the original Turok games, here's what you have to do (objectives, finding keys), take these cool gadgets and blow shit up.

But I'm going to humor you, give me an example of how anything you proposed is going to work, the logistics behind that so to speak.

Offline Dakuwan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 05:36:47 PM »
I need to prove nothing, this thread is about hypothetical maps. Its what i would like to see, and plan on pursuing as soon as the editor is available. Thanks for the input, but i think Turok is worth a little more than the old doom schtick kill-keys-kill-keys.

It has a rich history in terms of the lore via comics over many decades. Thanks to people at NightDive, we are getting an editor that is far more capable than the original maps. It only makes sense that an enterprising fan of turok would attempt to inject PURPOSE back into the game.

More than once as I crawled on my belly through a maze in the catacombs I said "W T F am I doing here?" Why does turok invade ancient sacred temples, pilfer all the goodies and leaving a trail of death?

In turok they spend about 15 seconds explaining who you are, why you are here, where you want to go, and who is gonna be there. The box told you more than the game did.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »
Yup just ideas everyone, this was made for fun. I was already aware that there would be different opinions. That's okay at least we all will have a way to put them to use very soon! Duke he can go anywhere conquer anything and has already done it a few times based on the tons of user maps. I think Turok is the same :P Turok can take down a cyber demon in hollywood if he wants to 8)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 06:29:13 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »
Turok walks on invisible color changing magic paths in the game I'm pretty sure he can do anything hehe.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »
I still think a city would look really cool in Turok just base it off of some of the Dinosaur Hunter comics that took place in the city :)
I AM ADON

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »
Turok can take down a cyber demon in hollywood if he wants to 8)
Would be bad ass lol!

Turok walks on invisible color changing magic paths in the game I'm pretty sure he can do anything hehe.
So can he go to a train station like the one in Max Payne 1 :))

Anyways I agree dudes there is no preference level. With tools we can make whatever we want and it will still be fun whether it fits or not. I know I will have fun on any of these ideas.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »
hello this is my first post you guys, thanks for having me. i still gotta set up my profile but i wanted to zoom through the forms and see how things where doin :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:14:58 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »
Well the editor will release sooner or later. So I thought I would start a little topic about types of levels we would like to see or make.

My list consists of some maps from:

Duke 3D - Hollywood or Red Light District

Doom- The Hangar

Blood - Cradle to grave

Shadow Warrior - Seppuku Station

As for originals or start from scratch maps I hope to see some:

Comic based levels - Levels based solely on Turok Dinosaur Hunter or Son of Stone comics.

Story plot twist levels - Levels that could possibly continue a story or levels that add something in between that still make sense.

Or creative new stories- Maps that make sense in the world of Turok!

I have plenty of ideas but I was hoping to see if anyone else had some light bulbs of there own :))

total conversion/ a mod, or what i'll prob like calling in the end : a full on Game would be something i already intend on working on :

Something I would likesee and already intend  to port to kex is Duke Nukem: ZERO HOUR. to the Kex engine. its very much possible, its only a matter of ripping the models out of the game, everything on screen and in some conditions wile the screen/game is in motion along with a custom "plugin" for the selected emulator to run the game on pc first.. and then its  a matter of taking all the model data that can be converted to .obj ; the model format the Kex engine uses.  and placing this model data in game, in both ways that they can then be used in parts for building levels, and level designing worlds and rooms. and for placing static objects on the maps, we will even in time be able to make animations with the editor tools they say are coming out. but ill have the model data gathered and ported to the game handled.
     In the end its Duke Nukem zero hour basically in its original entirety as seen on n64, we could then add some really next gen effects compared to how duke was in n54 zero hour, but that dosnt need to be done if it would ruin it for others. My custom prog file im working on is another story.

When it comes to what i would like to see in level design and in that of what the editor will be able to do outside of a fully functional map editor and creator is:   Duke nukem from the PlayStation games to be ported story voices models levels and all. to kex and maby this little duke nukem thing ( by this time ) we would have going on . maby we can make it one big thing in the end, with different episodes like duke 3d and all. but each episode could be 1 game:  like Duke Nukem: Time to Kill (ps) land of the babes (ps ) could be the next , time to kill zero hour, maby Manhattan project hell it its Microsoft it can be gotten outta there lol. all im 98% sure i can get the models out of there, and if not well in time but zero hour is a 100% thing.  ps version of duke nukem 3d had its own episode of levels that where not featured on anyother platform. oh also if i do any of these games, half i know for sure i can get in there , wile another 90% i can get the model data out of it and be good to go, if not in time....

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 10:30:19 AM »
Adding to my water level ideas*

How about and underwater temple.

While your underwater there can be spots where you have to go up and into maybe caves that you can only enter from underwater sort of like level 1 where you get the pistol in the start secret.

Its kind of making me think of "Night Dive" references since it will be underwater :)

Maybe Islands can be spread out for ammo

I am thinking about an area that has been flooded that didn't use to be flooded it would be ancient and with Turok that can be easy to achieve.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:43:28 PM by Adon »
I AM ADON

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 08:25:43 PM »
Adding to my water level ideas*

How about and underwater temple.

While your underwater there can be spots where you have to go up and into maybe caves that you can only enter from underwater sort of like level 1 where you get the pistol in the start secret.

Its kind of making me think of "Night Dive" references since it will be underwater :)

Maybe Islands can be spread out for ammo

I am thinking about an area that has been flooded that didn't use to be flooded it would be ancient and with Turok that can be easy to achieve.

under water LEVEL, with a underwater ( deeep underwater going down levels that are made of going down a a cave like hallway that is a part of the level itself, as the player goes down. but forget that i said all that and lets start here firs: a underwater area where the player after swiming a bit underwater and finding a underwater cave that then leads to a deeper part of the cave thats not underwater, but a underwater forest, or a part of the cave that has a forest in it. a cave forest. ;) im not to smart right now btw, when its my days off i may come off stupid sometimes so sorry about that.

i also know a thing or two about how the engine works. ill have a room that will slowly fill up with water and turok must do something to make it stop, and to escape. useing a item he must pick up and place into something to stop the water flow.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:24:31 PM by Snake Plissken »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal