Author Topic: DOOM  (Read 328375 times)

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2015, 11:45:21 AM »
Wow! man I know everyone likes the Cacodemon but this original one looks actually really cool there should be an alternate where both of them are in the game. This could be a boss cacodemon maybe?
They are watching

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2015, 03:10:07 PM »
If any of you guys pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order, you can now submit the key you got for a chance at the new DOOM closed alpha. The beta will be taking place next year, it seems. site link: doom.com/alpha

From the site: "The DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world consumer environment. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

*While the Beta and the full game will be available in multiple languages, the Closed Alpha is an English-only test.
"
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2015, 01:27:42 AM »
Yep

If any of you guys pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order, you can now submit the key you got for a chance at the new DOOM closed alpha. The beta will be taking place next year, it seems. site link: doom.com/alpha

From the site: "The DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world consumer environment. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

*While the Beta and the full game will be available in multiple languages, the Closed Alpha is an English-only test.
"
Kind of makes me wish I pre-ordered Wolfenstein, I knew it was going to make me feel some regret but I am okay with waiting. Good thing there is excitement to hold me off :)

The modern versions of classics I am okay with them, most people seem to want what they started as. But I think the fact is, that its safe to say we were lucky to have those types of classics in that time it can't really be duplicated perfectly yet even know they try xD. Always nice to see our favorite games from the past still trying I just hope they attempt to reach to its roots as much as possible. I think it looks pretty fast paced and nice looking levels. I think Shadow Warrior 13 really caught a lot of fps developers attentions.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
Wow! man I know everyone likes the Cacodemon but this original one looks actually really cool there should be an alternate where both of them are in the game. This could be a boss cacodemon maybe?
Yeah its not the actual Cacodemon its just based on it as you can see now ;) But look they pretty much straight up stole the look from him. To me it actually makes the Cacodemon less original then everyone thinks :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2015, 12:56:10 AM »
I like how David says everyone knew Doom and everyone was playing Duke 3D when he was talking about releasing Turok 1.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »
Looks like some screenshots were leaked of Doom with this beta testing thing there doing.

I for one think there ugly weapons except for the shotgun, that actually looks pretty nice :)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2015, 05:32:37 PM »
I wonder who would expose screenshots I thought they weren't allowed to share? This is the mp I'm guessing choosing weapon loadouts. Hmm the shotgun is nice I guess its the one from the reveal.

The other weapons remind me of a game I played called Toxikk. The weapons are cool but I don't know about for Doom though maybe not quite the right fit who knows.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:33:04 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2015, 07:16:54 PM »
Played some Doom 3 today :)

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
Seems pretty scary and dark  :o Nice video though, those flying skulls remind me the Turok 1 High Priests skull fire :P.
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
Resurrection of Evil was a very good campaign though liked it very much :) Sometimes I think more then the original one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal