Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: DOOM
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
They've got more options for building your own structures, now?

I'll have to look for this map, once my download finishes. Only 4GB to go... I'll try and get a few hours of downloading, later on. It's taking forever! -_-

I tried the switch before, but it kept on crashing the test play with an error. I'll have to go over the guide again and use Vital Fluid as a reference. I keep forgetting to look at that, when I have trouble with something.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2016, 12:17:40 AM »
Well I'm just improvising as much as I can hehe build stuff using props xD Its still pretty limited but you can bend it some though not everyone does. I haven't seen one with its own structure. But I'm sure there is one out there. That's the other problem its pretty hard to find snapmaps especially when one of the achievements is publish a snapmap. So i'm pretty sure some people just posted something real easy and kind of dumb just to get it.

But its fun to mess with overall well at least to me I like to build stuff. My next snapmap is even better for sure which is nearly done. After this next one is done should be tomorrow, I'm going to continue where I was on that map you sent over on Doom 64. I will probably make another one especially if they release more environments and stuff later.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:19:07 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »
Wow Duke, did you publish that? I really want to download it!
Duke one question: In Snapmap how do you made the weapon wheel?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:20:32 PM by rolandeden »
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2016, 12:33:06 AM »
Wow Duke, did you publish that? I really want to download it!
Duke one question: In Snapmap how do you made the weapon wheel?

I did publish it :)

Map Title: Dine in Hell
ID: 9N7G9YCV

As for how to get the weapon wheel working. This link should help out remember to click the pics to see them better :))

https://duke64nukem.com/2016/08/03/how-to-make-the-doom-snapmap-weapon-wheel-work/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:38:29 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2016, 06:09:36 AM »
I'm going to have to get back into this because I spent time player more Bloodborne, again. xD I'll have another go at the switch again. I don't know why it didn't work, but I'll try on my map instead of making a new map.

My update on PS4 did finish, yesterday. I don't think I needed any achievements to find yours and use the search. Steam might have a different way of online privileges? I know all online stuff on PS4 requires a PS+ membership.

Speaking of people making dumb maps... I remember seeing this video on YouTube and the guy saying not to make "A Swastika made of dicks" on it. xD

EDIT: I managed to get a switch on my map, but the textures roll a few times before stopping on the lit one. xD It doesn't stop moving until the door stops. I'm getting it, but I'll have to look over what's going on. It will take some time to master, like the door did. Maybe because the sector is the same height as the door? I might post a video tomorrow, when I try again. I'll just work on the other parts, now I have at least got a working switch, despite how quirky it's functioning at the moment. xD
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:46:11 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2016, 01:00:45 PM »
As for how to get the weapon wheel working. This link should help out remember to click the pics to see them better :))

https://duke64nukem.com/2016/08/03/how-to-make-the-doom-snapmap-weapon-wheel-work/

If I ever get around to using snapmap....thanks for that.

Also, guys I got some pics for you all from Nintendo Power mag :)

And

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2016, 05:01:33 AM »
Here's a new preview:

The switch needs fixing, but it functions good enough. I'm focused on making that big room.

Hint: That waterfall covers the way to getting the Chaingun from that throne. I won't give away too many secrets. Mid textures are good for Turok styled hidden walls. Just as long as you texture the inside of the block because I still had artifacts of green and orange pixels (from the zero texture), the first time I made the water. I made everything with the same water texture and it fixed the problem. Now it's less obvious, unless you read this. xD

I always texture, even the sides tat aren't seen because of that reason.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2016, 01:00:15 PM »
That's the weirdest switch thing ever hahah like a slot machine :D I would love to have a look at that on Doom Builder so I can see why its doing that actually. I could probably figure out how to fix it and send it back for a better reference for you if you're cool with that :) Will send you my email on pm I could email it back the same day I'm sure.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:02:54 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »
Also, if you want to see Doom 64 box, manual and game scanned go here :)

https://duke64nukem.com/2016/08/02/doom-64-scans/

I will post one but I don't want to flood the thread.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
That's the weirdest switch thing ever hahah like a slot machine :D I would love to have a look at that on Doom Builder so I can see why its doing that actually. I could probably figure out how to fix it and send it back for a better reference for you if you're cool with that :) Will send you my email on pm I could email it back the same day I'm sure.

I replied. I was going to change the place of that switch, but I'll need the reference. That part of the map is deep under the default floor level, but I don't think that should cause issues... I'm just not sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal