• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: DOOM
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2016, 08:19:51 AM »
Just downloaded it before.

How do I get the Ammo and Health HUD to display?

I can't seem to figure it out.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »
Try pressing the + and - buttons on keyboard to get hud to show up. Also nope Doom 64 Ex maps wont work I don't think. Doom 64 EX is the true to the original game and this one is a Doom 2 wad specialized and Brutal.

Using only fists.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:32:52 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2016, 04:02:48 AM »
Try pressing the + and - buttons on keyboard to get hud to show up. Also nope Doom 64 Ex maps wont work I don't think. Doom 64 EX is the true to the original game and this one is a Doom 2 wad specialized and Brutal.

Using only fists.

Thanks!

This also has the original Doom game on it, which I didn't know.

Sometimes the little window gets stuck on startup and the screen behind it is black. I don't know why it does that, but I can still play. I just have to Ctrl, Alt & Del and try again until it shows up normally.

I would love to see how my map would look on this, but it's not possible yet, isn't it?

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2016, 07:37:04 PM »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #284 on: November 15, 2016, 03:17:31 AM »

Just some wins from the other day.

The Hellshot has become my new favourite weapon. Single shot weapons aren't easy, but the Hellshot does a lot of damage. The Vortex Rifle is also good, but much harder to aim and the laser sight giving away your location.

Also, Kinetic Mines and Threat Pulse seem to help.

I can't seem to figure out the tongue attack on the Cacodemon. I couldn't get it to work. :/ I'll just stick to Baron and Mancubus for the time being. They're demons I know how to use. I don't even get what happened to the Revanant's jet-pack before, when I gave that a try.

What disables it? It is like the Mancubus getting overheated when firing too many missiles?

Offline Son of Stone

• Raptor
  • T:REP 430
  • Keeping TUROK's memories alive!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/labi4sparta
« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2016, 09:31:39 PM »

I know you guys have been on this Highway. lol  :P
Keeping TUROK's memories alive!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2016, 10:59:43 PM »
I know you guys have been on this Highway. lol  :P
Yeah I been deep in Doom lately again how you doing Son of Stone. Its this threads fault why we went into Doom again xD Really the Doom 64 and mapping for Doom 64 ex that was lots of fun. With Doom 2016 and Brutal Doom 64 releasing it helped push further. I wanted to get more into mapping for Doom since I mapped more for Duke and that made me get real deep back into Doom also. I kind of just move around between Turok, Doom, and Duke. Then I have some occasional games on the side lol.

Yeah you should both finish those maps for Doom 64 ex maybe if you're having trouble finishing/getting motivated.. what about you sending Hell's Keep to abyssal and see if you can build something in it also? That would be awesome. I still have a map I started..that I want to finish also had a neat color going on the sectors.

Something I just finished, this explains my mind xD

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:47:38 AM by Dinomite »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2016, 08:13:00 AM »
As long as people are still playing the vanilla game?... I just haven't done anything on it for a while.

I want there to be an enemy death that opens a door to the next area, like a mini-boss kind of fight and I don't know how to do it.

And if it's possible, to spawn that enemy you must kill after killing a certain enemy in the first wave of attacks. I'm not sure if this Doom does enemy waves like the new one? It needs to be challenging and not something someone can skip so easily.

-

I have been playing a lot of MP. The controls are so awkward on PS4 and I put it on Tactical, before. It was had to jump and aim on Default because I have to move my thumb from Right Analog to X while jumping and aiming. This is where it's probably easier on PC with mouse and keyboard, but I don't regret getting it on PS4. I'm still salty about Steam's fuck up on the Dark Souls port and I don't really want to buy anything until Turok 2 is out.

I am getting better and learning that splash damage from rockets is me best friend, seeming I suck at aiming! xD Rocket Launcher seems weak, considering it's a fucking Rocket Launcher! LOL!

Hellshot and Vortex Rifle are good, when my aiming isn't bad. I'm one % away from being at Echelon 5. I still can't use Cacodemon tongue, so I just went back to Baron. I do like to try other demons and weapons because it can get boring using the same thing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 08:23:34 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2016, 12:53:41 PM »

Something I just finished, this explains my mind xD

That looks like some serious mapping right there very extensive. Got damn bro is pro xD

Dinomite you should try to get them in a format but there awesome to hear either way to me.

Abyssal yes ppl will always play the original. Actually a lot of people dislike Brutal Doom because so many people like it that it makes the originals fade into the unknown and everyone just pays attention to Brutal Doom. But I like both Original and Brutal. But yes there is different groups of people for Brutal/Original Dooms.

Okay I will upload Hell's keep you can have a look at it and see if you want to add anything. at this point there is two empty rooms take one and add anything you want to  it. Keep in mind I really been slacking lol!!  http://www.mediafire.com/file/cmbjn8ed81eoe8h/HellKeep_turokforum.wad
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 12:55:01 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2016, 07:35:37 PM »
As long as people are still playing the vanilla game?... I just haven't done anything on it for a while.

I want there to be an enemy death that opens a door to the next area, like a mini-boss kind of fight and I don't know how to do it.

And if it's possible, to spawn that enemy you must kill after killing a certain enemy in the first wave of attacks. I'm not sure if this Doom does enemy waves like the new one? It needs to be challenging and not something someone can skip so easily.

This is very possible I do it in Doomrok in the blue card area. You kill the hell knights which lowers that platform. Then a spectre comes down off the platform once you kill him like 10 enemies spawn. I would have to have a look at it to remember though.

I haven't played Doom 2016 mp in some time now. But I did reach max level I played a hole lot I think its still good I just been playing bd64, mapping, and some other stuff a lot atm. I wish cross platform mp was an option though would be fun.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:36:27 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal