Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: DOOM
« Reply #340 on: June 28, 2017, 12:40:15 PM »
Thanks, it's been a while. I have more posts in this thread from a year ago.

http://www.turokforums.com/profile/Dragon-of-The-Abyss86/?area=showposts;start=180

I got a PS4 for my birthday last year, so I spent a lot of time playing that. My birthday's in a week (6th) but after the shit time I had on a stupid site last week, I think I would rather get back into mapping and my Photoshop art, instead of dealing with immature little shits.

This was fun to do because I considered the world building as a form of art.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »

Map made in 15 minutes.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:11:04 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 07, 2017, 12:13:50 PM »
45 minutes of more work that equals to an hour:

Message of mine:

Its not necessary to build huge crazy detailed maps for a good time. Gameplay is better than graphics and design. I'm not saying completely disregard design but you know I really like vanilla like maps with just the right amount of extra flavor on them. Anyways, that's just food for thought. Made a map in 1 hour here it is. Almost done :) Its much better when you're not stressing how the architecture will be just build baby build for fun as you go.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 02:47:28 PM by Jay Doomed »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »

Message of mine:

Its not necessary to build huge crazy detailed maps for a good time. Gameplay is better than graphics and design. I'm not saying completely disregard design but you know I really like vanilla like maps with just the right amount of extra flavor on them. Anyways, that's just food for thought. Made a map in 1 hour here it is. Almost done :) Its much better when you're not stressing how the architecture will be just build baby build for fun as you go.

I really like what you said there. And the map looks cool!
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2017, 01:37:09 AM »

Message of mine:

As requested here in Turok 2 hehe

Sorry for not answering much lately at all. Even on othere things. Here I added a few structures for the t2 version :) enjoy its in your PM. Might want to revise it a little just in case.

https://duke64nukem.com/2017/07/08/doom-map-to-turok-pt-1/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:18:13 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2017, 02:55:58 AM »

Message of mine:

Sorry for not answering much lately at all. Even on othere things. Here I added a few structures for the t2 version :) enjoy its in your PM. Might want to revise it a little just in case.

Wtf??!!! Holy shhit. What is this here exactly??
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:56:41 AM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2017, 12:23:12 AM »
Well it is what you see heh Jdoom's doom 2 map in Turok 2 raptor fest and I must say its really good I hardly added any structures at all I liked and you're never alone always attacked its great! Groovy vanilla simple styled map nice! I agree really like the maps that don't need a ton of design to make it 'good'. Even though I make a lot of maps with heavy design I always think gameplay is the most tedious and profitable part at the same time.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2017, 01:37:56 AM »
I have to try something simple because design can be tedious, but that's me as an artist... I don't know how to make things easier for myself. xD

If I can get this one done and then start new, I think it would be best to start out simple and then add the aesthetics towards the end. Also, not conforming the map to the shape of a symbol because it's more time spent trying to make it all fit.

Do you plan to make some more Doom 64 ones soon, Jay?

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »

Message of mine:

Dude that's awesome even though already told you wanted to say it on here too and you did it sooooo fast. Thanks! wow its really fun in raptor fest. I'm going to make a few more quickies now yes!

I have to try something simple because design can be tedious, but that's me as an artist... I don't know how to make things easier for myself. xD

If I can get this one done and then start new, I think it would be best to start out simple and then add the aesthetics towards the end. Also, not conforming the map to the shape of a symbol because it's more time spent trying to make it all fit.

Do you plan to make some more Doom 64 ones soon, Jay?
Definitely not going to stop making Doom 64 maps its my favorite Doom of all. I feel like playing and working on a Doom 64 map just by mentioning it :D Good luck on your map, remember don't stress so highly in finishing. Always room to start a new one. Yeah limiting to a symbol can be complex actually I like to build free but its no a bad thing to challenge our selves to make something like that. Hope to play soon I'm sure it will be fun its Doom64!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:51:40 AM by Jay Doomed »

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
I guess I can always start on another one that is more simple, without abandoning the other... I haven't done anything these last few days since getting a new game, though. Making a fortress has been an idea for a while. I wish I knew how to make the dart traps.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal