Author Topic: Fireseed v0.9.2 - Model & Animation Editor  (Read 38368 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Fireseed v0.8 - Model & Animation Editor
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 09:36:55 PM »
This is top of the line work, I wont be able to set it down once I get into :o I have already started, what I did was hilarious.. it was just a test to get a feel how things work. I really want to get into this, this and the editor together is killer for specifics. Database is really good and right clicking 'what is this particle/sounds/etc' and it tells you. Got to say a few thanks for adding my editor video guide and also including the forums in communities like that very appreciated.

Thanks for your hard work definitely can't wait to see the next update.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 12:54:20 PM »
100% agree with 64 here appreciate this very much. I don't need to use this yet but when I get to that point I know for sure this will help me a shit ton. I was experimenting with it though. It is top of the line pro work agreed. :D

Yes thank you for including the forum here and the other related communities sanctum and the facebook looks like you got them all. Really damn good work, there's no way I can do that programming yet and make my own app that does custom things for a specific game/engine! Thanks dooooood.

I might get some questions when I go to use it for real on my project but I see you have guides coming soon so who knows.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 01:36:45 PM »
Yeah I'm one of the first members of this forum and I just want to say THANK YOU for including us. To me it means a lot. You should of seen the forum when it first started... It has grown a lot and things like this here really show that. Anyhow enough about that...just saying +rep +respect for that.

Good work buddy very skilled.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
This is great. The database of objects is gonna save a ton of time, thanks

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 11:26:36 AM »
So I have converted an obj into a static mesh and I have it in the editor and placeable. So at least I got passed all that but I have one issue.

When importing an obj I always end up with only one surface and its a blank white one. I'm not sure how to import a model with all the surfaces intact if you know what I mean? Any help greatly appreciated.

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 09:18:28 PM »
A white texture in game means it didn't create a .kmat file. When you imported it did you check the create .kmat file and copy textures checkboxes? Did it look okay in Fireseed and have textures? (if not it should have a white and purple texture) And did you get any messages warnings/info after importing it?

Also note that Turok 2 accepts only .png files for textures, so gotta make sure they are that format in order to successfully copy the textures over.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:19:46 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 11:01:38 AM »
A white texture in game means it didn't create a .kmat file. When you imported it did you check the create .kmat file and copy textures checkboxes? Did it look okay in Fireseed and have textures? (if not it should have a white and purple texture) And did you get any messages warnings/info after importing it?

Also note that Turok 2 accepts only .png files for textures, so gotta make sure they are that format in order to successfully copy the textures over.

Thanks dude and it wasn't a problem in your program but a problem on my end not properly setting the model up for importing! Works fine now :) Awesome!

Offline raul

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »
Thank you so much for continuing working on this awesome tool! 

Few questions,
1) i opened the model viewer for the first time. I imported "bannana_Eater", he is all collapsed on the flloor. I then imported its animations, after going to the animation tab. Nothing changed. Is there a specific order in which we have to import them?

2) As for custom animated models, do we just rig and export the models as obj? Sorry im not sure what the process would be for that.

3) How do you play animations? i didnt see a "play" button.

4. Can we export the skinned meshes out, as in if i load in a weapon, would i be able to export it out into my modeling package to check the scale, etc?

I understand this is work in progress, but just wodnering if those things are possible already. Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:45:13 PM by raul »

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2017, 02:33:34 AM »
1) i opened the model viewer for the first time. I imported "bannana_Eater", he is all collapsed on the flloor. I then imported its animations, after going to the animation tab. Nothing changed. Is there a specific order in which we have to import them?

2) As for custom animated models, do we just rig and export the models as obj? Sorry im not sure what the process would be for that.

3) How do you play animations? i didnt see a "play" button.

4. Can we export the skinned meshes out, as in if i load in a weapon, would i be able to export it out into my modeling package to check the scale, etc?

I understand this is work in progress, but just wodnering if those things are possible already. Keep up the great work!

1) I haven't done anything for viewing Animations yet. What you're seeing is the skinned mesh with no bone transforms.

2) You create your animated model in an appropriate format that supports bones and animation like you normally would in your modelling program. Then you'll be able to import it in. You can import the skinned mesh right now but theres no animation yet.

4) I haven't done exporting yet. not sure I will, well maybe....we'll see. If you need to check scale right now you can import a static mesh and compare it to a model in the game such as the endtrail enemy.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline raul

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2017, 03:00:32 AM »
Thank you so much BehemothProgrammer for taking the time to answer my questions! I am pretty excited about this tool! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal