Author Topic: What Turok is your favorite? (poll)  (Read 109153 times)

Offline Snowball

• Iguana
  • T:REP 9
  • shining bright on moonless night that is Cocaine
    • View Profile
Re: What Turok is your favorite? (poll)
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 04:49:40 PM »
my favorite is turok 2 becose i played it before turok 1 and becose it didn't have those platforming segments  :D and was turok 08 the one where you could oneshot kill dinosaurs with knife?

Offline Cyriu

• Iguana
  • T:REP 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 02:37:10 AM »
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is still my fav. The smooth, arcade-like gameplay alongside the mystical/otherworldly atmosphere that it have with it's heavy fog, floating platforms, occasional anti-gravity water, random portals, and respawning beaming enemies give it this very unique charm that was simply not captured again in the series. The minimal slowdown (aside some of the final areas) is a bonus.

Turok 3 is easily my second fav. The fact that you can use a female Turok is one of it's strong points, but I also love the arcade-like feel to it and overall more streamlined design that makes it very easy to pick up & play. The story is great and I love the cliffhanger, and Oblivion and it's Flesh Eater horde are such awesome villains. I also liked the areas that you explore, each one have a very different atmosphere to them but all ultimately feel melancholic, like if a unknown force was pulling the strings behind everything (guess why it is called Shadow of Oblivion). I only wish that this game was also getting a HD remaster, I think it deserves it.

Offline Cyriu

• Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: What Turok is your favorite ?
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 02:58:22 AM »
I May sound stupid over here, but i like turok evolution alot. I Dont know if its my favourite but im safely going to vote for it anyway.  :)

I think that Turok: Evolution is highly underrated. Not the best fps at the time but it did have some cool weapons, some good gore, very awesome jungle environments, and overall solid gameplay. Plus the music is fantastic. 

Definitely better than Turok (2008).

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 707
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 06:27:40 AM »
My vote goes to Turok: Dinosaur Hunter one and only good choice. Hard hunting in tough world :D Nothing need more for fun.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
Looks like Turok 1 is taking the cake so far :) Of course we love them all and Dinomite you don't sound dumb for liking Evolution its a great game and you get to be Tal'Set again. Evolution is not missing the Turok magic in it. Only downfall of that imo is those flying parts... So if Stinkee finishes more work someone should replace those levels or make them walkable. Take the flying segments out except maybe one of them :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Cyriu

• Iguana
    • View Profile
Re: What Turok is your favorite ?
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
I May sound stupid over here, but i like turok evolution alot. I Dont know if its my favourite but im safely going to vote for it anyway.  :)

I think that Turok: Evolution is highly underrated. Not the best fps at the time but it did have some cool weapons, some good gore, very awesome jungle environments, and overall solid gameplay. Plus the music is fantastic. 

Definitely better than Turok (2008).
Turok 2008 sucks imo anyways. Not entirely but still. Its a goof FPS but not a good Turok. Well maybe not even a good FPS but you get the point. Turok 2008 is a love-it or hate-it thing.

I love all N64 Turok games and Evolution, each for different reasons. On the other hand, Turok (2008) is a game that just bothers me and sends me into a angry rant everytime I talk about it. While the story and characters were good, the only one thing that I like about this game is the dinosaurs, because to Propaganda's credit they fantastically done. But the dinosaurs only make me more mad because it's like seeing one element of what could have been part of a much better experience and a actual Turok game. Argh...

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 12:41:27 PM »
My vote goes to the original, just because its mroe like a classic FPS like doom. T3 takes second place

I agree, evolution wasnt as bad as I expected (but I sure looked badas far a non environment models goes). If it wasnt for the second half of the game being a poor-mans starfox and instead being regular gameplay, it would had been much better.

Offline MurderIsRelevant

• Iguana
  • T:REP 235
  • On the eighth day, god created Turok
    • View Profile
    • Reddit/r/Turok
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
Is the vote over? I would vote, but don't know how.

I unashamedly admit to liking the 2008 Turok the most.

Then the original, and then Seeds of Evil.
Enjoy yourself!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
Well if you can't see an option to vote you must of chosen one already. But you know I was thinking about it and its tough to just say one is your favorite. So I have made it so you are able to "remove vote". Then if you do that you can choose a different one. This gives us a chance to be able to change it. This question is a tough one so being able to change I don't mind at all.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline MurderIsRelevant

• Iguana
  • T:REP 235
  • On the eighth day, god created Turok
    • View Profile
    • Reddit/r/Turok
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 07:41:44 PM »
My favorite is the Turok 2008 reboot. I just really enjoy how they tried to make a story out of it, and how they added elements from things such as Gears of War and Star Trek (Terraforming). And how they stayed true to the  Dinosaur Hunter moniker. And what I mean by that is the dinosaurs. The original NES games had more than dinosaurs, they had fantastical monsters. That is interesting, but as a fan of the original comic series, I just liked the dinosaurs.

Granted, later in the original comic series there were such things as Aliens, and Monsters, but the series was on point with the dinosaurs.
Enjoy yourself!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal