Author Topic: [Release] Turok+  (Read 101686 times)

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:44:11 PM by Smoke39 »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Smoke's Tweaks
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 08:21:03 PM »
Getting it now :) read through the read me all sounds really cool and love splash damage. Gonna check it out.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:11:03 PM »
Yeah I like the Dragonbreath shotgun that's very nice and sleek I like how it travels slower and has some spark like effect to, this could be one of my favorites I seen. Now I remember the Particle Accelerator turning colors now so that was you :) another cool touch. I noticed some new sounds are in there to I am going to play more for sure. All of it was pretty creative actually.

Like the smoke trail it leaves behind to nice.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:50:51 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 05:31:54 AM »
I meant the Designated marksman rifle.... well the assault rifle I like its new function... :D

Oooh, okay.

I don't use the Auto-Shotgun :D but can you tell me which file i need to modify. Thank you!

Now I'm confused.  Why not? :|

Anyway, look for the TurokShotgun class in scripts\weapons.txt (or scripts\weapons\TurokShotgun.txt in my mod).  Reduce the 4.0f in "self.AnimState().Set(anim_weaponFire, 4.0f, 0);" in OnBeginFire() to increase the anim rate.

In OnFire(), you'll want to reduce the 0.5f and 0.6f in the if statements, so the cocking sound and shell ejection will happen sooner, to match the quicker cocking speed.

Finally, in sounds\shaders\ready_shotgun.ksnd, you'll want to reduce the "delay = 16" in the second block, to reduce the time between the two clicks, to match the faster cocking speed.

I'd have to fiddle with it to see, but it might actually look better to dynamically adjust the anim rate in OnFire(), rather than just cranking it up across the board.  With some trickery, you could probably also change it to semi-auto instead, or even fake a horizontal cocking animation.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »
Niice dude getting now and going to try this weekend sounds pretty cool. Thanks for putting it up though.

Edit: Oh lord I love the shotgun knockback dude
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:39:27 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
Shotgun knockback was actually Clebardman's idea.  I came up with the knockback code, though.

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 09:27:56 PM »
If you're modifying my mod, you can just go into defs\damageInfo.txt and change the pump-action shotgun damage values.

If you're doing it from scratch, you'll have to go into fx\shotgun.kfx and change the damage type in all the onImpact blocks to new types with the damage you want.  Valid damage types to choose from are defined in defs\damageInfo.txt.  If there aren't any existing damage types with the values you want, you'll have to create new ones in damageInfo.txt.

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Smoke's Tweaks [Updated Nov 24, 2016]
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 08:36:19 PM »
I've finally done it. I found a way to add an ammo toggle button. There're a few caveats, but I think they're pretty small compared to the clunkiness of the old method of having two of each weapon.

I also reduced the auto shotgun's spread a bit, and gave the dragon's breath slightly greater range and speed, a spread shot, and a new hit effect against enemies for better feedback. The auto shotgun's close-range role should feel a little less hamfisted and a little more versatile now.

The alien weapon's damage and ammo use have been increased, and its blast radius reduced (to rocket launcher level - still better than the original). The previous alien weapon felt more functional than the original, but still didn't feel like it had a distinct purpose, and was easy to damage yourself with. These changes are intended to give it enough DPS to give you a reason to use it over the pulse rifle, while keeping its ammo efficiency low enough to not overshadow it. The shockwave weapon is still the king of AOE, as it always was.

Added an exit portal to the beginning of level 8 to not screw over newer players. Also fixed up a bunch of the random portals to not exit into walls and stuff.

The mantis boss no longer flies in a circle breaking all the walls down after losing 25% of its health. This requires a little more spatial awareness, and doesn't let you get all those free shots in while it's going through its predictable destruction spree. It's also more fun to see the boss break down a wall to get to you, than just breaking them randomly. Doesn't really make the boss any more challenging, but I think it makes it a little more involved and fun. Might try doing more with the bosses in the future.

Plus some other miscellaneous stuff.

Novelties like the burst pistol and plasma boomerang are no longer included. I might check them for compatibility and put them in a new extras package if anyone still wants them.

Le'me know if I broke anything! :b

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 12:42:12 AM »
It's in the OP.

I'm not sure what you mean with the poachers.  You mean like change their projectiles to blue?

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 02:39:56 AM »
Download Link?

Can you make poachers act like the Long Hunter? or make them use pulse rifles?

That would take a little effort and interesting.. but I believe it could be done with scripting, but I haven't tried that so can't say 100% for Long Hunter.. You want to read up on the "scripts" section for sure though its even possible the "defs" section could be needed also Dinosoid but I feel like its possibly just scripting.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal