Author Topic: {Release} Winter Turok - User Map/Mod  (Read 12322 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: {Release} Winter Turok - User Map/Mod
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »
Bad ass level dude, merry xmas and soon happy new year! Its funny if anyone plays this map they should be able to tell that you started mapping from Duke Nukem 3D/Doom! I mean I can tell for sure... this map lets me know 100% even know I already know for facts ;) Can't wait to see the normal version great stuff.

What says Dn3d mapper most in your opinion? The structures/architecture? Or the layout of progress?

I did finish the level and loved the structures you make as usual. Good map.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:31:32 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »
What says Dn3d mapper most in your opinion? The structures/architecture? Or the layout of progress?

I did finish the level and loved the structures you make as usual. Good map.

For me its both of those and also enemy/pick up placements and balance. Without the structures it would be missing what normally is included in dn3d/doom maps. And without this type of layout progress it would be missing the classic map type of feel. Not sure but I think maybe one without the other would make it less, either one if you know what I mean.

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 05:25:47 PM »
There should just be a Doom Builder-ish program for Duke 3D already. It's been 20 years.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 09:53:26 PM »
Awesome map. I loved the winter textures you did for everything and also the posters. And I see what you mean about the cliff drops, it does let me know I need to back it up. Good stuff! :t-rex:
Glad you found all the posters hehh.

There should just be a Doom Builder-ish program for Duke 3D already. It's been 20 years.

There's something close to it but Doom builder is still ahead imo. Mapster32 is a pretty big upgrade from just using build though and it comes with Eduke32 http://www.eduke32.com/

Bad ass level dude, merry xmas and soon happy new year! Its funny if anyone plays this map they should be able to tell that you started mapping from Duke Nukem 3D/Doom! I mean I can tell for sure... this map lets me know 100% even know I already know for facts ;) Can't wait to see the normal version great stuff.

Thank you and happy almost new year too. It is mostly DN3D as DN3D mapping even taught me Doom mapping. They're very close but just different.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 10:59:38 AM »
This was a really good level possibly your best designed Turok 1 map yet. How the hell did you make all of this (not just the map) in 9 days :o Can't wait to see the normal version too. The architecture in this level is yet amazing you have made your own once again. I think what really makes a level fun is the layout of it/how you progress. You have made a great layout. With the main hub area of the map being the main focus it has branches that lead out and back into it. For me this is a top notch individual map. It reminds me of a Hollywood style layout so yeah I can see what they mean about dn3d mapping being noticed in here.

I've been at my families house this whole break. Just got back today! Cool to see you added it on workshop. keep killing killer. 10/10

Oh yeah found this awesome secret and now its 20/10 map lol

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 04:33:26 PM »
Thanks yeah basically my favorite games but more posters coming soon don't you think I forgot Shadow Warrior! This will surely be updated next year. Maybe I can prep with a little more time this year but that's not for awhile so ahhhh lol.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:07:51 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
The 1 life turok head pick ups are so funny but its really cool to.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 11:23:24 AM »
I didn't know if you wanted to share the video or not but I saw the video of this map with you and that guy discussing level design while he beat your level. Cool video man excellent talks.

:campaigner:

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
For me its my favorite I should of said just because it really holds up the Turok feeling to me. Not just because. So yeah I meant this. Its so in place to me and others. My bad.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:11:44 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 02:54:59 PM »
For me its my favorite I should of said just because it really holds up the Turok feeling to me. Not just because. So yeah I meant this. Its so in place to me and others. My bad.

Did you watch the video chat with 64 of this map? lol Its a really cool talk since he seems to not really talk much on mic. But they talk about a lot of stuff and level design and other things. Fun video if you ask me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal