Author Topic: Turok Timelines  (Read 27741 times)

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
Turok Timelines
« on: September 15, 2019, 10:17:14 PM »
So I have no idea exactly how many people would even find this interesting, but a couple of weeks ago, I decided to do a thing. I present to you: an in-depth (and exhaustive?) timeline of events as they relate to the Turok video games.

https://turok.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Operative_lm/Turok_Timeline_-_Acclaim_Video_Games

I mentioned it in the opening paragraphs, but I'll repeat it here that this timeline only concerns the main, non-Game Boy video games and their officially published supplementary material. That's the manuals, strategy guides, and websites. Any bit of story from a magazine or gaming website, even if it was from a developer interview, was not considered for this project.

I'm willing to answer questions if anybody has them, lol. :V

EDIT 5/30/2020:
For those just joining us, a quote from a post down below:

I did a thing and made another one. Wasn't sure if it warranted a new thread, though. I present to you: an in-depth (and exhaustive?) timeline of events as they relate to Acclaim's Turok comics.

https://turok.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Operative_lm/Turok_Timeline_-_Acclaim_Comics

This thing cost me eight days and roughly four major headaches, so you better look at it, lol.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:48:25 PM by operative lm »

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Timeline
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »
Gj, looked interesting, i enjoyed. Drill in brain, on positive way hehe  :bore:
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 12:14:45 AM »
I love this timeline, good resource!

Just a minor quibble, did Syra and her father live in Araissi or did they only sell weapons to Araissi? The wiki article on her leaves this question kind of open-ended. Also how do you figure what her age is during Rage Wars? I know you said in the intro that it's impossible to know when exactly events took place, so im assuming you grouped events together because of that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:23:11 AM by Badger »

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »
I had initially taken the reference to selling weapons to Araissi to mean that they were also based in Araissi, but looking at it again, that's purely speculation on my part. The timeline has been updated to remove this. Thanks for the catch!

Heh, I kinda just guessed on her age. The strategy guide puts her at 14 when her father is killed, but that's it. It's very helpful, lol. Since the text doesn't use any language that implies a large amount of time passes (think decades), I decided that she's probably close to Joshua's age. Again, purely speculation, but I needed to put the entry somewhere. :V 

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 02:40:02 PM »
This was a good read though. I just got some time to read a lot of it today and I enjoyed that there.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 04:46:49 PM »
I did a thing and made another one. Wasn't sure if it warranted a new thread, though. I present to you: an in-depth (and exhaustive?) timeline of events as they relate to Acclaim's Turok comics.

https://turok.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Operative_lm/Turok_Timeline_-_Acclaim_Comics

This thing cost me eight days and roughly four major headaches, so you better look at it, lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal