Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: DOOM
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2016, 11:40:26 AM »
Being the Caco would be funnny as hell heheh.

Have you tried Doom 64 yet? You really should give that one a try. Its like a master painting of Doom 1 mixed with Doom 3 :)

I think I played it back in the day when my brother hired it, but I can hardly remember. I'd like to, but I'd probably have to run it on Project64 and I haven't used that in a while. I'm not sure how good the ROM will play. With my experience on Dinosaur Hunter, the ROM crashed a lot. Especially in the Ancient City. I'm glad it came out on Steam.

I watched a bit of game play the other week where someone was playing a level called "In The Void", which reminded me of the look in the first Turok.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2016, 05:51:03 PM »
Oh just play it with Doom 64 ex its not an emulator and its from the same person who made the Turok remaster. Imo runs better then the original. However you will need the rom so you can create the wad file and this is because the game can't be distributed in any way due to the rights. Anyway, this is the best way to play Doom 64 even in 1080 resolution.

https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/downloads/

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:52:31 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2016, 04:14:03 AM »
Oh just play it with Doom 64 ex its not an emulator and its from the same person who made the Turok remaster. Imo runs better then the original. However you will need the rom so you can create the wad file and this is because the game can't be distributed in any way due to the rights. Anyway, this is the best way to play Doom 64 even in 1080 resolution.

https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/downloads/

Thanks!

I just downloaded it and then watched on YT how to install it. I'll do some more tweaks to the settings, later and it's running good.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2016, 11:38:02 AM »
Thanks!

I just downloaded it and then watched on YT how to install it. I'll do some more tweaks to the settings, later and it's running good.
Nice! Yeah it should run pretty perfect :)

Oh just play it with Doom 64 ex
Duke where is your Doom 64 map I am ready to play/record :P

Guys my first video on my Youtube channel ;)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2016, 04:59:50 AM »
It's running good. I managed to fin Outpost Omega, so I've already played through a few. I was trying to find Heretic, but couldn't. I found a video on it from TheSeriousCacodemon, so I'll try again next time. I might have to check out and get the Doom Builder at some stage, too.

PS: *Reminds myself to watch that video of your later*
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:00:46 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2016, 09:42:32 PM »
Good gameplay duke! Also Duke where did you find the shotgun before Kadingir Sanctum?
Somewhere before it look it is even bloody! If I recall it stayed bloody untill I picked up the one they pretty much give you. I knew I found this early but you just made my thought a fact :P Even took a pic when I did!

I might have to check out and get the Doom Builder at some stage, too.

Yes yes do this :) Would gladly play and even help some if and when I can. But there is also tons of tutorials to help for sure. Here is a link though if anyone is interested :P

Original Dooms: http://doombuilder.com/index.php?p=downloads

Doom Builder 64 is the same place as Doom64 ex and named builder64_setup https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/downloads/

On another note Doom 3 has an editor also. I don't think there is one for BFG but i'm not actually 100%. But there is one for Doom 3 something I plan on opening to make at least one level in.

Duke where is your Doom 64 map I am ready to play/record :P
Its really done (I haven't worked on it lately) I am ready to move to the next map here because this map was a learning quick map but its not bad. I should just release the map it would be fun :)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:16:58 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2016, 02:08:51 AM »
Yeah, I decided to download the builder last night.

I had a bit of trouble saving my map at first because I changed its name from "MAP01" to "THE_ABYSS". I probably shouldn't have changed that part? I started again and left the name, but named the WAD "The Abyss" and it seems fine. I'm just made a simple room and to go by its name, all the textures are water. I want my first map to be the most creepiest and unusual one.

I usually learn by playing around with settings, but I'll have to watch some videos.

EDIT:

I heard that BFG Edition didn't have a map editor, but let me know if you find something. If not, then it doesn't matter because I'll get to use Snapmap on the new Doom, when I have it.

Anyway, I attached a cap of my start progress. If you can't view it, let me know and I'll upload it to Tinypic. Anyway, it's just a simple beginning area that has a theme that reflects on my username and that.

I need help on understanding how to work teleporters. Since I made this post, I've changed a few things and got the water to work. The room is inspired by those warp rooms in Dinosaur Hunter:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:26:31 PM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2016, 02:39:08 PM »
Okay I will show how to make a portal in Doom Builder 64 even if you have already figured it out. So it could go for anyone here as I'm sure you have already figured out some of this Abyssal. Remember clicking on images enlarges them ;)

1.) Draw two squares inside of your sector. These will represent our portals.

2.) Enter lines mode and click on all lines on one of the squares.

3.) Right click on one the lines you highlighted. This is your line properties.
* Look for "Action" and set 39 as the number
*Under Identification give it a tag number. (It could be any number aslong as it doesn't correspond with another tag number your using in the map.)
*Under activation type set it to cross and also set repeatable if you wish for that.

4.) Now go into sectors mode and click and select on your second square. (Important: Make sure when you click on it you don't have the first square selected also. If it highlights both when you click on it just go into make sectors mode and click on both of them to make them separate sectors.)

5.) Right Click the highlighted sector this is your sector properties.
*Under Identification set the tag to match the tag you set for your lines on the first square.

6.) Now place a teleporter using things mode and go into visual mode.

7.) Right click on the teleporter and switch from properties tab to action tab.
*Set Identification number to match your tag numbers on the sectors.

That's all and it should work. But if you wish to make it travel back and forth you will have to do the same things using a different tag number on the opposite sectors.

Some notes off the top of my head:

V= Vertices mode
L=Lines mode
S=Sectors mode
B=Brightness mode
M=Make sectors mode
T=Things mode
G=makes player drop to floor pressing it again sets back to normal gravity.
H=Remove Highlighter
C=Clear all selections
F9= Test play

Another note: To find all actions remember to click on this button. There you will find all of the actions instead of the quick accessed ones :)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:13:45 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2016, 01:43:03 AM »
Duke... with all that I can even make a portal on Doom64 now dude and I never even opened it lol. Thanks who knows maybe I will try. But rather play you guys maps nice job Abyssal looks like its going to be fun. Post the maps guys. I got Doom 64 ex already.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:45:55 AM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2016, 03:12:23 AM »
Thanks, Duke!

I gave you credit.

I still don't know how to make the maps playable, yet because I went Save Game in the test play and then when I tried to load my saved game, I got an error. For now, I'll just focus on my Ruins level inspired architecture and I'll ask how to make it function properly when I'm done. Warning: I do get lazy but I am enjoying this.

I'll have to reference your post, but I should know after a few times of doing it. Using this is like Photoshop and all the other programs I've used. I get how to do things quickly and only when I'm interested. xD

EDIT: The Bloody Spiraling Pit of Dispair! >:D

I'm still making changes to it, but I'm pretty happy with this. This is a Turok styled platforming and it can be done because I've tested it. I've made it that you have to jump every pillar and the centre pillar has a Red Skull Key.

To avoid making the last pillar (on the left) before the Skull Key pillar completely useless, I've raised the centre pillar so that you can't make that jump, as you can see in the third picture.

Also, if you fall... Then tough titties! :P I've set all the damage parameters (5% %10 %20) on to as much damage as it can do! >:D I don't know why only having 20% damage on, only damages him 10% at a time and when I stack it, it usually takes off 17%... Anyway, it's suppose to compensate for there being no bottomless pit falls in this game and this more of a challenge.

All this will be closed off and for now, it's the bleeding heart of my Abyss map. If there's a way to spawn enemies on a trigger, I might also throw in a few grunts who land on the pillars like the ones at the end of the Ancient City do.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:07:30 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal