Author Topic: DOOM  (Read 328375 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2016, 01:24:53 PM »
Do you mean like this? I just added a new board in the general category as a test run.
http://www.turokforums.com/user-mods-maps-and-content/

Yes just like that just keep it how it is if you like. I think it looks fine and is actually pretty awesome! So release your first map tomorrow on that board and turn that post into an example for others how to do so :D Do it do it do it!

Well, here's another picture:

That room looks awesome and the lighting looks pretty good to man. Damn keep it up!

Also Duke you were right Doom 3 is on sale 2.49$
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:56:22 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2016, 01:03:33 AM »
Do you mean like this? I just added a new board in the general category as a test run.
http://www.turokforums.com/user-mods-maps-and-content/

Yes just like that just keep it how it is if you like. I think it looks fine and is actually pretty awesome! So release your first map tomorrow on that board and turn that post into an example for others how to do so :D Do it do it do it!

Okay I will be trying to release my Doom map tomorrow but it will have to be after work and honestly by the time I get online seems like nobody is on lol. But I will be working on releasing that so I can move on to map 2 here. Thanks

By the way... How to I un-tile the texture on the doors and make it only one demon face?
Really awesome looking! Nice update there love the lighting. Sorry I can't remember how to stretch textures right now to many editors at once heheh. I will be jumping in Doom 64 builder tomorrow to clean things up and then to post my map hopefully. I will be sure to check on that I have this small feeling I was unable to do it on there though but I can't remember clearly.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:04:52 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2016, 06:54:01 AM »
I made another video, even though I wasn't going to. xD

Still images aren't enough.

I'm practicing some lighting effects. I'll still need to make a colour pallet, so I can keep it consistent as I mentioned on my video, so this isn't the final look and I can't forget shadows and adding in some rubble/clutter! I changed the bars textures on the wall features, too. I like that better.

EDIT: A Bloody Secret! >:D

This will be the only secret that I reveal, but I'm sure it will become obvious.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:50:56 PM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2016, 02:19:54 PM »
You really made a lot of progress I am actually quite impressed myself. Really like how you embrace the color blue on this level seems special to me. Normally a new mapper does not really think much about lighting or shadows and you already are in your first one.

Did you notice my download link for my Doom 64 map? If you wish I can put all Turok forum members doom 64 maps on that server. So if you want just let me know and we can put your map there to. It could be like a collection of Doom 64 maps from Turok forums members or something. Plus its a better link to share to people for download instead of a media fire link or something. But its fine either way all you got to do is say the words.

I guess I hit him so hard his head got stuck in the wall hahah xD

Oh did I share this already? I forget its my Doom full review not the mp review : http://www.goldenedgegamers.com/?review=doom-2016-review
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:34:48 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2016, 01:57:46 AM »
The white page with the links?

I'm sort of an artist, so I like to make sure that everything I make looks perfect. Besides, I don't do things simple. Hopefully I don't get lazy on this because it will take some time. The next map I decide to make, I might make another Abyss theme, but without the shape of my icon. I've had to limit the sizes on some areas to conform to this current map. "Abyssal Fortress" might be the name of my next one. There's a whole bunch of other ideas that will come to mind, so it won't be the same thing. I like the colour blue, anyway. Blue fire, water effects, electricity... Anything like that looks cool to me.

I might draw some runic symbols in the ground or even a Chaos Star.

A chaos theme is coming to mind. I treat this like my art, so don't expect the normal from me. xD

I may give some mercy in that pit area and I might dial down the damage, unless there's a way for save mid game. It's pretty easy to slip, but the key is NOT to sprint. Normal walking speed works. Speaking of that area, my first hallway (which will have Pinky Demons) is on the opposite side to it.

I was looking at it on Visual Mode above the ceiling and it reminded me of the area in the Ruins where you find the Chronoscepter piece. That wasn't intentional, that's just how it went. xD I still don't know how to resize textures, but I learned how to use the offset so that I can make the textures look even.

EDIT: Chaos Portal

Step into the flame! >:D It won't hurt. This symbol will be used as a teleport (with the flame in it) and to mark an area (without flame) that might have something significant.

As for that cap you posted... I can just imagine how funny this would've looked! Was his body flopping around or did he get staked to the wall as if it were Painkiller? xD
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:30:25 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2016, 11:38:57 PM »
Yeah floor design is awesome looks really cool. The tall blue hallway does show signs of the blue portal levels in Turok 1 for sure.

I played some Doom 64 user map here also.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2016, 06:06:36 AM »
It's not meant to be tall, but just reminded me in Visual Mode. Maybe I'll try to make something like that at some stage, even if on a new map. All I need is the four almost indestructible Leapers! xD I like the Chaos Symbol (Arms of Chaos) because it kind of reminds me of a diagram of the Big Bang/Universe's expansion.

I love The Ruins because it has some of the most trippy looking things. The column of water that defies the laws of physics, which is my favourite and the invisible path that gets you the Grenade Launcher.

I created my first teleport ambush.

I watched Chubzdoomer's video and also looked at some of the hidden rooms on your map. Do you know how to script an enemy spawn on weapon pickup? Sadly, I couldn't find a video on Doom 64, only the older game. It would be quicker than making a whole room.

I'm happy with how it's working and I did get most of the wall texture seamless, save for the bottom where I put one of my blood candles. xD I saw the map you played. Too bad you didn't have a Chainsaw when fighting those Pinkies. That's the best weapon for that job and why a Pinky spawns on my map.

I may have to check out that map you played, too.

EDIT: I figured out another way of spawning enemies and not having the extra rooms anywhere near, by using the "Alert Thing" on a tripwire and tagging a certain number. I'm going to get rid of that Pinky room and place it where it won't interfere with where I want to build. I should've thought of this earlier.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:10:12 PM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2016, 12:38:50 AM »
That is a good ambush though at the right moment there makes you feel trapped and its a little jump scare. Kind of crazy I was just talking to Chubzdoomer yesterday. Been busy this week but I started on something for Doom 64 again :)

Going to post some random Doom screen shots for the heck of it.

Random photo chainsaw

Haste and chainsaw lol

Love this photo I took
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2016, 06:45:44 AM »
I don't know him, but his videos came up. As for that Pinky, I changed the ambush, although it's still the same. I moved the room more off the main map.

I made another video and it's my 13th upload! >:D

Outside "The Abyss", I have a few other ideas (like the Mayan Temple of Tikal that had blood sacrifices to their Gods, but instead opened a gateway for the Demons). I just realized the skybox setting and it looks better as I look up. These sky textures are good, but I wish I could preview the thumbnail so that I can select the one I want.

This video was more practice and I'm starting to understand the settings more. I tagged all the Cacodemons and the tripwire "666", but the portals still needed their own number. I can't seem to spawn two things through one portal. xD

Another good idea for a map would be portals, inspired on the game, only without GLaDOS... Or the hot protagonist, Chell. :( LOL!

And I know you have Portal 2 from seeing your Steam profile, Duke, so you'll know what I'm talking about. I always liked making two portals on the wall and being able to see her reflection. *Heart Eyes* xD

You need to work on more DOOM snapmaps and I'll remember to play yours, when I can.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:47:44 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2016, 02:05:45 PM »
Last time I checked this thread it was read 14,249 times now it is above 15k? Hahah someone likes our Doom post's :P

Yeah Abyssal nice progress so far agree with Duke you picked up on things pretty quickly. Can't wait to see the final outcome of the first map from you.

Love this photo I took

Yeah such art such design me love :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal