Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: DOOM
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:56 PM »
Some weird thing happens when testing out this way of spawning enemies. I kill a Cacodemom and then he comes back to life when I step over the same area that alerted him to teleport. This is as soon after killing him.

EDIT: I think it's because I made a square in the floor (with all sides set to trigger the demon) and before I stepped over it again to resurrect the demon, I noticed that one side was still yellow, until I crossed it. I wanted to be 100% sure that picking up the Chaingun would require a test fire. xD I'm thinking of replacing it with the Double Barrel and making it the next pickup. Also, making Imps spawn for the Chaingun.

I going to think about adding more pickups and maybe only having three Nightmare Imps, because it was quite hard when I tried on a higher difficulty. Dodging them in that small area is also hard and they're faster with their fire attacks. I didn't want to make it too easy, though. It's hard to find a balance that will make it a challenge, without being impossible.

I'm not sure if I'll use all weapons. I think a Rocket Launcher is good enough for killing the powerful demons and it will be a challenge to use, because of the close quarter ambushes.

I played Vital Fluid on "I Own Doom!" mode, last night. The first time, I died and ran out of ammo, but got it the second time.

EDIT:

Enjoy! xD
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:48:42 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »
Looking fun and haha those shades on the Caco's there.

Hey I made a Doom 64 steam group feel free to join. We can release maps if we feel like it also. I'm thinking about making a WIP thread so ppl can show what they are working on also. It just should help spread the word a little more hopefully.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/D00M64
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:52:13 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2016, 03:49:19 AM »
My quick Photoshopping. I can do a lot more on PS, though. I couldn't find glasses for cyclops like creatures, so I improvised. xD

Where can we pit WIP threads to whatever games we're making levels on? The mods section is only for finished things or are you changing that?

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2016, 10:00:53 AM »
You guys inspired me to make a Doom 64 level also :) Here is the start its called Hell's Keep. Going to take me a little time to finish though. But I can keep updated here.

Also, Doom 64 intro video

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »
I need to add cracks in my floors, like you have, but I can wait until I've roughly created more areas. I'll definitely play that one, when you're finished. I saw yours and I was also going to make a thread on Steam, but haven't yet. I did post an image in the group comments.

This map was out of boredom and feeling the need to massacre some demons with all weapons and invincibility cheats on. There's a legion of 200 Barons in this one. xD Even with the BFG and having to reactivate the weapons cheat for more ammo, takes a while to kill them all. I even tried 1000 or I think 2000 Cyberdemons.

The map name is "The Event Horizon" because it reminds me of a Black Hole.

As for my Abyss map, I'm trying to figure out how to make a more complex area, now I'm further into the map. Doom maps often get you to backtrack, unlock stuff and find keys, as I took note after playing the Dark Citadel earlier. I have a way I want to get the blue key, but I need to lock it and set a switch for it. I did make a pillar that has four sides you "Use" and a Hell Knight Spawns, but I need to think of how this should be... Maybe it should open doors with the Hell Knights behind them and one room leads to the switch that unlocks the blue key cage. Of course, you need to visit the other rooms to open up the next.

There's no sequence breaking on my map, unless you want to "BetrĂ¼ger" your way through the map. xD

I haven't played the game long enough or taken notice, but can platforms be set to raise after an enemy death? I want to do that like in Turok, like you see with the first lava pit in the first level. Make like a small staircase.

-

Well, it's my birthday today and I might be getting a PS4, later. My brother is going to take me to the shops. I need to get a new PS3 controller, while I'm at it. I'm still keeping my PS3. I got quite a few games and I'm not the type of person who trades old games. I still play them when I decide to.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:08:55 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
Oh shit hahah Happy Birthday! and fun looking map there xD just slay as many Cyber Demons as you can xD

BOOM:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:04:34 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2016, 12:11:14 AM »
Thanks!

It takes forever to kill a bunch of Cyberdemons, though. xD

I wish the flames came in blue or there was a way to edit that texture. I might have to think of a proper Black Hole themed level. I don't know... "The Event Horizon" or "Shadow's Edge"? Shadow's Edge is actually the name of a Demon realm outpost (ruled by Samael) on Darksiders 2.

That world is also on the edge of a Black Hole, only it's caused by an entity called "Corruption" (Absalom).

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2016, 01:08:08 AM »
Happy Birthday though man! hope it was a good one also. Quite busy today but you guys made great post's here. Keep up the work on awesome maps really.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
Thanks!

I felt a bit like shit, but I had a coughing fit last night and yeah... Damn stress! Anyway, I got my new PS4 and sat down with that, tonight. I played Doom, first.

I haven't fingured out Snapmap, yet. I wish the shoot button was R1 and not R2, though. I've been so use to Call of Duty and Bad Company with those bindings. But, I can deal with it. I'm not on MP, yet. I have to download an update and it was like 15 hours at some stage... :o Maybe I can download it in bits, I don't know... PS4 is a lot different. It's the One Terabyte and also came with Bloodborne, Uncharted, Heavy Rain and GTA 5. When I got DOOM, the guy offered me the UAC pack version at the same price.

Hopefully I can get that download to not take so long, but I'm still trying to figure out the game play and story, first. I see that the weapons come with attachments. Already got two on my trusty shotgun. Also, I fell off the cliff like twice in the area where I took the screenshot. xD

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2016, 09:17:24 PM »
Well guys I finished the last achivement for Doom. I really enjoyed the game and probably will reply the campaing for a fourth time. I hope its true the expansion pack set in Phobos
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal