Author Topic: DOOM  (Read 328468 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2016, 11:57:50 AM »

Enjoy! xD

I can't get over this one still laughing my friend :)

Awesome you got the new Doom too welcome to hell!

Also, dude I think you should stay more focused on Doom 64 maps because snapmap is not the coolest thing. Though its not really horrible and they are udating it. Is atleast good to get one map on snapmap I guess. But I rather see classic Doom 64 maps ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:00:09 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2016, 01:19:10 PM »

Enjoy! xD

I can't get over this one still laughing my friend :)

Awesome you got the new Doom too welcome to hell!

Also, dude I think you should stay more focused on Doom 64 maps because snapmap is not the coolest thing. Though its not really horrible and they are udating it. Is atleast good to get one map on snapmap I guess. But I rather see classic Doom 64 maps ;)

Snapmap will probably get some more additions. It would be good if you could make rooms, but it still looks good enough. I haven't really started, yet. I did practice something.

I have an obsession with blue fire! xD

I'm still trying to get use to Bloodborne because it's quite hard and I have three other games to play. I'm going to have to get PS Plus, but I'm in no hurry.

I take it I need it to be able to find Duke's maps and others? I know I need to be a member for multiplayer. A lot different to PS3, where I could just enter and not need PS Plus.

I swear, that music is funny and reminded me of French accordions, when I first fought the Cyberdemon in the first Doom (BFG Version). I needed to find the quirkiest sounding tune (to me) for the Cacodemons. xD

As I replied to you on YT, I'm not abandoning Doom 64. I still need to learn switches for unlocking doors and so on... Also, I need to make some dart traps. The Dark Citadel level helped give me an even more nefarious idea. >:D

PS: The funny thing about the sunset/sunrise in DOOM (that I capped) is, the real Martian sky looks blue at those times.

Still, that sky looks cool and I guess they wanted to keep the fiery colours. It doesn't matter, though. I like the way the sky looks. Sunset is a favourite time of day, apart from midnight.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:58:46 PM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2016, 02:34:20 PM »
Yeah we can tell you love blue fire but it suits you well. Have own interest and unique twist on your maps by doing it too.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2016, 03:49:54 AM »
Yeah we can tell you love blue fire but it suits you well. Have own interest and unique twist on your maps by doing it too.

I guess because a favourite character of mine has those powers, then I always liked blue coloured fire or anything to do with plasma/electricity or the ocean.

I found a secret classic area, last night.

I saw that on a video, but forgot it was in that area until I saw the switch and remembered. I fought the level looked familiar... I always seem to carry a shotgun in my screenshots. xD The shotgun is my most reliable weapon, when I don't miss. Doom 3 made me use the shotgun a lot more, because of the close quarter Imp ambushes. Even in 2145 (in real life), I bet the shotgun will still be used in combat. It's a timeless weapon not matter how it's evolved.

A shotgun with the explosive shell augmentation and the assault rifle with a telescope on it is my current setup, along with the plasma gun. I like sniping abilities, too.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:55:08 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2016, 03:48:09 AM »
Turok textures in my second Doom 64 map

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2016, 06:01:07 AM »
I have to fine time for this, again because I've been playing my PS4.

I've been playing Snapmap for snap points. I'll start a PS Plus in a couple of weeks or more than a week at the least.

I'll have to make a screenshot of my player, but I currently have the Desolator armor on and it's a blue colour scheme, obviously.

I should probably use more camouflage when I decide to play the MP for the first time, because it's pretty easy to pick out a blue demon in a hellish arena. Once again, you see a shotgun in my screenshots and this time it's my own customized colours! xD

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2016, 03:11:19 PM »
Turok textures in my second Doom 64 map

I need to see this map now Dukey :P

I don't know I don't really like snap map for some reason personally. Maybe its because everyone has the same rooms and they only released the  space sci fi base modules. Something just seems off with snapmap for me. I felt very limited on what I can build and it makes me sad. But I will still play my friends maps :)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:02 AM »
The blue tint looks pretty awesome in the snapmap there. Snapmap is not the best but its pretty fun to mess around and create at least one map imo. And when the Hell themes and stuff arrive I know for sure I will have at least another 1-2 Snapmap maps. The art in those are to amazing to pass on :) But I still have been mapping in Doom 64 and Doom 3 here is a shot of the Doom 3 level ;)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:39:11 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
Yeah, you can't make your own rooms which is disappointing, but it would probably be too complicated if it had more stuff like Doom Builder. I haven't created one yet, but I will at some stage. They need more outdoors stuff.

Can you extrude platforms out of the ground or create separate objects in Doom 3? The map builder looks like fun, but haven't bothered to try again at getting it to run.

Well, I finally made a game play video and without the trial version Bandicam shit! xD

The PS4 Share button is the best thing!

I just played Doom tonight, while this was uploading. It's an easy Snapmap to play. I even customized the weapons that I was going to use in this. I need to get more snap points to unlock that "Crotch Chop" taunt and do that in my next play. Taunt the demons! xD

My aim is getting a little better, but it's still easy to aim with a mouse in shooting games. I was trying not to embarrass myself, too much. I picked up a bit of ammo when I didn't need to, but my screen is cracked in that corner and it's a bit hard to see my ammo count.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:39:27 PM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »
Using photo mode:

Can you extrude platforms out of the ground or create separate objects in Doom 3? The map builder looks like fun, but haven't bothered to try again at getting it to run.

Well, I finally made a game play video and without the trial version Bandicam shit! xD

Yes you can create brushes which would generally be a square yet you can reshape them and then you texture them and shape them up some. Its much better then snapmap to me less limits. But snapmap.. its an easier to use more of a fun tool nothing wrong messing with it. Nice video also :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:06:32 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal