Author Topic: DOOM  (Read 328739 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2016, 01:24:13 PM »
Good job Abyssal keep it up I would say start a new map from scratch but there is some really cool things in that map like the blue halls wth lighting is really nice so I don't reccommend that :P I'm actually not sure about the impassable lines thing myself but I don't think it should effect it.

Also, guys this thread just reached 20k views :D
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2016, 01:37:16 PM »
You guys making me want to try my hand at mapping. I was on another forum and nobody respond to me about help maybe you guys will. I never mapped before just a player.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2016, 06:15:03 AM »
Good job Abyssal keep it up I would say start a new map from scratch but there is some really cool things in that map like the blue halls wth lighting is really nice so I don't reccommend that :P I'm actually not sure about the impassable lines thing myself but I don't think it should effect it.

Also, guys this thread just reached 20k views :D

I'm going to get this done before starting a new one. The new one would be another Abyss theme, but without the map being limited to the shape of my icon. You won't really be able to see it all in the game play. Only if you view the editor.

The blue halls can be easily replicated seeming that it's of my own design and how I want it.

EDIT: I successfully placed a working switch on my map. I think I'm sure of the issue placing it on the wall I had tried... I need more Impassable Linedefs and absolutely nothing but a void where I want to place the switch. Seeming that was was pretty much the back of the other room's wall and apart of what use to be one room when I started, it must have caused a conflict. Also, the entire height or depth doesn't seem to matter because the middle texture worked fine.

I'll just have to redesign this whole layout and keep voids between walls. A bit of a pain in the arse, but I pretty much have the switch skill mastered. Now I can really create some puzzles. As for lifts, I should be able to get that. It looks pretty easy, although my map has more staircases.

EDIT PARTIE DEUX:

I made an Obelisk!

Also, I'm not French, so I hope my French is correct! xD

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:52:37 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2016, 11:22:21 PM »
You guys making me want to try my hand at mapping. I was on another forum and nobody respond to me about help maybe you guys will. I never mapped before just a player.

I'm sure somebody would help if you had a question give it a go :) I want to see maps from everyone go go.

Keep it up Abyssal sounding good and yeah voids are actually the best for walls.

@Jay Doomed I should be sending that map back soon tomorrow or Wednesday is my guess I got some stuff done this weekend.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #234 on: August 16, 2016, 03:42:48 AM »
I played Eye of The Storm and it's been a while since I played the main game. I look at the map on there and saw a lot of red line usage. When I do a new map, I'll try to make one more like the actual maps.

I was going to do another Abyss theme, but I kind of have an idea called "The Woeful Monument". It's a play on the Washington Monument. xD

I'm going to make more obelisk features.

It takes a lot of patience to do each little part down to the pixel, but it was worth it. I copied the other two on that, so it saved time. The big obelisk is now water texture and each step is a two pixel high increment, so it looks more pointy than the last picture, which was only one pixel. I also have Upper and Lower textures unpegged so it has a seamless look. I probably only need to do lower, but I like to be sure by unpegging both. xD

EDIT:

The outside area you'll get to when grabbing the Blue Key. Also, it's the next area outside the hall with the Blue Key. The door requires the key. This area with have enemies and will lead to the next sector on the other side of the map, where you'll have to search for the Yellow Skull Key. I wanted an open area and I love this sky texture. It's have thunder and lightning! That obelisk is a copy of the other one, but raised higher and turned to an angle that's parallel to the wall or edge of The Abyss.

I'm going to try a Turok inspired Lost Land Fortress by putting spiked features on the wall's outside. The candles in the hall make the walls on the opposite side (on the right of the picture) pointed and the structure gave me the idea.

I also raised the obelisk ceiling height to seamlessly reach higher than the normal sky texture. I put sky texture on the sidedefs of the ceiling part I raised. But, it could be left blank, I guess.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:00:36 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2016, 03:05:35 PM »
I'm sure somebody would help if you had a question give it a go :) I want to see maps from everyone go go.

Okay thanks really, i'm going to start trying shortly but I never mapped before so progress should be slow.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2016, 04:56:54 AM »
As tricky as some of the mapping can be to figure out, it's actually quite easy to do the basic stuff.

I was thinking, we should see who can create the most outrageous and complex structures.

-

Also, I was wondering how you can edit/colour textures.

Like making a black liquid in some places like in the Catacombs and also making the sky box that has the flames in blue. I can easily edit colours of textures on Photoshop, but I don't know how to get the files from the game. Maybe there could be a Textures Thread in the other forum?

I'd like to know how to create some of these.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:34 AM »
Doomy wallpaper
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
Doom 2016 PC giveaway only for members of the steam group Doom64 http://steamcommunity.com/groups/D00M64. I also locked group to invite only to prevent new ppl just joining to win.

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/NVKu4/doom/entries
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2016, 10:39:36 PM »
I finally got around to playing Kadingir Sanctum yesterday. It's been a few weeks since I played the campaign.

I love the Gauss Cannon and I was expecting only 4 ammo from it though, but maybe because I'm used it on MP and Snapmap. The more ammo capacity on the main campaign, the better!

The screenshot of the blue flire was necessary! :P

Some of the scenery reminds me of Darksiders. Especially the Kingdom of The Dead on Darksiders 2.

The floating rocks, crags, ancient architecture and the bones sticking out of things reminded me. Along with the vast desolate scenery, too.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:42:11 PM by AbyssalDragon86 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal