Author Topic: PlayStation Thread  (Read 15253 times)

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
PlayStation Thread
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:44:32 AM »
I thought I'd make a topic for anyone on here who owns one (whatever console)... I'm not sure how many of you have one, though...?

Anyway, I'll start with something:

Bloodborne has become my newest obsession. It's quite a hard game and enemies can deal serious damage with one blow, but it can get easier. As you start overpowering enemies in a certain area, newer areas will make you feel weak once again.

Other games on PS4: I've played DOOM, GTA5 and Uncharted 4.

PS3: All God of War games, Darksiders 1 & 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops (the first BO) and World at War, All of the Assassin's Creed games available on PS3, except AC4 and that's all I can think of.

A FPS view of a Rampage level in GTA5. Ignore the fact that I dropped a grenade at the player's feet at 1:59... I meant to throw it! xD

I didn't grow up with PS like I did with Nintendo, but I have been playing PS games since 2011.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:45:20 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: PlayStation Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:47:33 AM »
I want to get a PS4 the new one that's coming out is it Neo? I don't know I just want a ps4 but it is a bit pricey. But I been playing ps since ps1. I had PS3 but I sold it because I was struggling to pay bills a few years ago(before new job). But I still have my PS2! and I love that baby. Ps2 was greatness I have a bunch of the games still to. I want the ps4 because of the new Crash Bandicoot.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:31:30 AM »
I've been playing the Old Hunters DLC on Bloodborne, so that's why I haven't been as active or worked more on my Doom map.

Also just been exploring the DLC, trying to level up and occasional PvP. I don't really PvP much, because I've never been good at any games with PvP, I prefer to play alone and some people are just trolls.

To be honest, I can enjoy a game without multiplayer.

Anyway, random screenshots of my character and a cool new weapon:

It looks like she's taking a selfie, but it's a League Oath gesture and my creative angling of the camera. xD

Until I get her the scythe weapon, this picture is currently in my YT header. I used 3 Quicksilver Bullets just to make the Saif (not scythe) glow for this picture, but I get a shit tonne of them from enemy drops.

I just love her and she's one of my ideas, so I can't imagine ever starting a fresh game without her. She's not meant to be albino despite the appearance, because she's based on my Reaper... I love dangerous and fearsome looking female characters. Easy on the eyes during the many hours that I'll play this and have to look at her. :P

I'm not sure how many others here have actually played this?

I'm going to have to get back into Doom, GTA5 and my others. If anyone here does have Bloodborne, I'd be happy to PvP if I'm on at the same time.

Here's another video:

I went blind into this battle and got it on my first play. As for the NPC that I summoned, I didn't meant to but I have done a lot of boss fights without needing them. I could probably take these three on alone, next time. Had these been enemy Hunters like in the DLC, then I would've had a harder time.

I just wish PS3 had an inbuilt SHARE feature to record and make screenshots. I would be able to upload some God of War and Assassin's Creed stuff, because I don't know how to make PS3 game videos or what programs I need. The videos on PS4 come out good, so I'm happy with those. I'm not looking for making super HD, but just good enough to view and not to the point that it's shitty.

I'll try to do more Doom and GTA5, when I play those again. I still need to search for those Snapmaps. The last time I played Doom, I only played through the whole of Kadingir that afternoon.

List any Snapmap names and I'll search them. I remember "Dine in Hell" and have to play that one.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:35:23 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 12:56:24 PM »
Have you considered a capture device to record your ps3?
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 12:37:48 AM »
Have you considered a capture device to record your ps3?

I've thought about it, but at the same time, I haven't really been bothered to spend time looking it up properly. Anything that isn't simple, I probably won't bother trying because I've spent hours of my time trying to fix up program related things or trying to get them to run.

Even though I would like to, my MP play is too embarrassing to upload. I can never get too good at God of War: Ascension. Even when I have my best matches, I still play like a noob, when I'm not one. I can't play against players who lag and there are A LOT of them, so it makes the MP harder for me. I got frustrated with GoW:A on Saturday afternoon and went straight back to Bloodborne's (in OFFLINE mode). I didn't even want to PvP on that.

If it isn't the shitty server not starting matches on GoW:A and leaving me sitting there on the lobby for half an hour at a time, it's the lag people from other regions have. As much as I would've loved to record something from that game, the server is shithouse. My judgment and reaction times can be slow, but I have improved, I guess...

I'm better just uploading single player videos, even if my playing is a bit sloppy. No lag or magic spamming trolls, too. Some people are so laggy, they're almost invincible... If you didn't understand the terrible lag issues, you'd think they were hacking. They're not hackers, though I've heard that game's had a few.

Excuse the wall of text and it wasn't meant to be a rant. xD
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:39:16 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 10:31:46 AM »
Favorite PS2 game ever :))

Anybody remember this one?

Got this from the Crash Bandicoot fb.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 11:08:33 AM »
I finally got my Uncanny Burial Blade (Scythe) in Bloodborne, the other day.

I made a video earlier of a boss fight with it.

I liked this battle, mainly because it was quite easy compared to the another ones. xD I recorded my first encounter with this boss, but I was OP. This Chalice Dungeon that I played was much harder, so it took longer to kill him. Chalice Dungeons are areas you can explore outside the main storyline and pick up good loot. There's a boss (some you find in the main story a few times over in the dungeons) in each Layer. The Depth is a difficulty level. This boss was in a Depth 4 Dungeon. Depth 5 is the hardest.

I have to get back to my Doom map because I have some trap ideas after playing this and I know Doom 64 has Dart Traps. I need to learn how to set them up.

I finally updated my YT header. It's been a while since I finished something on Photoshop. I've been spending a lot of time on my PS4 since getting it. xD

Oh, and have a train crashing into a bus! >:D

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:12:00 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 07:21:16 AM »
I'll try to post some pictures when I port a custom version of Kurok to PS3. Will fondel Kurok on psp, and afterwards I'll try to post some pictures. Pstv psvita, there psp shells, and ps4 on its way.

I love PSL1GHT Sdk!

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 08:39:27 AM »

I finally beat Bloodborne the other day.

All three endings and the boss fights.

I love that you can download your backup from cloud storage. I had to do that so I could get all endings. Trophy hunters do this, but I'm no trophy hunter. I believe I have one more to get from this game, though.

Anyway, I have a question... Do any of you with PS4 have trouble loading Communities? It just won't load and it's been like this for a few weeks... The Store wouldn't even load before, too. :/

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 03:10:20 AM »
Nice job how long you think it took? Just wondering how much play time it offers generally.
Raptor Rok is metal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal