Author Topic: raul's modding fun  (Read 4828 times)

Offline raul

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
raul's modding fun
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:57:46 AM »
Hello, i spent the last few evening getting familiar with Fireseed, and getting new content into the engine. This is pretty exciting! The fanboy in me is pretty thrilled to say the least. For starters i just wanted to show a random thing i did with custom meshes. Just testing the waters before deciding if i wanna commit.

First i thought i get familiar with fireseed and try out its features. It works so great!! As part of the test i made afew custom mesehse and tried some workflows. 

Since the editor is utterly primitive i will be building the maps in maya and exporting them out into the engine in pieces. I love the kmat maker that fireseed comes with. Now that i know how much i can push enviroment building. I decided trying skinned mesh to see if i could make some animated pieces for the enviroments i have in mind. I was able to import a model but still not sure how to import the anims. Maybe is not supported yet.

Custom material and mesh test.

This is a big mesh in maya, with different materials applied to it. Fireseed made a material with the surfaces definitions and applies the textures!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:05:42 AM by raul »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Re: raul's modding fun
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:22:38 AM »
Dude that's quality! Photorealistic tree models in Turok man, it's almost as if it's a new game  :D

Buildings remind me of Turok 1, very beautiful.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:24:06 AM by Badger »

Offline raul

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 02:46:19 AM »
Thank you guys! Slowly figuring stuff out, tonight i tried looking into the ai map, but cant seem to figure out how to make the ai actually show up on the map. Even though i was able to add it through the editor. Any help on this?

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:36:04 AM »
You're saying you've been able to playtest your map successfully? So you have it all sectored out? The ai needs sectors under it or they fall through the floor. Maybe post a screenshot of the problem ai and map so we can understand better.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:37:27 AM by Badger »

Offline raul

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 11:33:16 AM »
Thanks Badger, here is a screenshot.

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 07:01:42 PM »
Cool that's how people should be making maps (not in the editor lol). Anyway, the defs for the enemies have a common flags that all start out as invisible. You can do 1 of 2 things. Make the enemy start visible by setting the enemyaicomponent Common Flags value to turn off invisible. This little app will help with the flag values: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3chdu3sig32ybp/T2Flags.zip?dl=0

OR place an Action actor that has an EventLinkComponent and have it trigger the enemy to turn on when something happens such as player entered a region. You need to set TIDs (tag ID) for actors/regions and set it up correctly in the EventLinkComponent. A lot of things to explain for this, so best to look at a single player map and Action actor and copy the numbers to get him to show.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »
^^^

I was thrown off at first cause I haven't made a singleplayer map in T2 yet. Thanks for helping us out BP.

Offline raul

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:20 AM »
Thank you BehemothProgrammer for taking the time to answer my question.  After reading your reply a few times outloud and making a diagram based on what was on the editor, i figured it out! :D

A lot of this is starting to make sense. Thanks a lot for your help guys!

I also wanted to ask one more thing, that has been bothering me. How does one rotate stuff properly? Specially lights. I feel that in the turok 1 editor, it was very simple to do that. In this editor it is the most difficult thing ever. Specially because when i try to rotate a light, i cant do it using the manipulators. I hit space and get the rotate manipulator but it doesnt work for me. Which is very sad. How do you guys get around that?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:09:44 AM by raul »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 07:16:23 PM »
I also wanted to ask one more thing, that has been bothering me. How does one rotate stuff properly? Specially lights. I feel that in the turok 1 editor, it was very simple to do that. In this editor it is the most difficult thing ever. Specially because when i try to rotate a light, i cant do it using the manipulators. I hit space and get the rotate manipulator but it doesnt work for me. Which is very sad. How do you guys get around that?

The gyro in the T2 editor is broken :(

We gotta use the transform tab.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:16:59 PM by Badger »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal