Turok Games > Turok 3 Shadow of Oblivion

My opinion on Turok 3's cliffhanger

(1/2) > >>

Zero_Senki:
Turok 3's story was awesomely made, in my opinion. However, the cliffhanger ending to this game had me thinking that Acclaim had the ambition to turn the trilogy to a quad set before they went bankrupt. It was unfortunate to see that they couldn't follow through before it all collapsed.

Back around 2014, I got Turok 1, 3 and Rage Wars as a gift from my dad. I already had Turok 2, so my collection was complete. I played the heck out of these games, but the game that had me the most intrigued was Turok 3. That game had me so intrigued that when I slept after completing the game, I dreamed about Joseph, Danielle and Adon encountering a huntress in a massive tree that was hired by the Chamber of Voices to try and take out Adon because of her belligerence. You could say that it played out like a 3 on 1 multiplayer battle, with the Huntress having Boss level health.

A few days ago, I decided to try and make this dream a reality with the beginning of my own fan novel. It's only at the Preface right now, but mark my words I'll get this saga its deserved conclusion.

So, what's your opinion on Turok 3's ending? I would love to hear from fellow Turok fans.

ひまわりくん:
tl:dr version of mine

-Adon saves Joshua and both disappear, council writes them off as dead/missing, Joseph and Danielle also believe they're dead
-Timeskip to Danielle's kid becoming Turok at 18 years old, the council then use him to do their bidding with the help of Yvree
-Kid goes around the lost land, crushing several groups who try to rebel against the council of voices (no one knows who's behind these uprisings or the reason behind these uprisings)
-the council however has been hiding their true intent, which is to unify the lost land and earth, in doing so, it would lead to severe destruction across multiple planets, including earth (which is why they wanted to get rid of Joshua and Adon in the first place, they knew both of them would oppose their plan)
-the uprisings gain even more momentum and it's revealed that Adon and Joshua were behind these uprisings and gained knowledge of the council's true intentions long before Danielle's kid was born
-Josh and/or Adon sacrifice themselves to save the kid from Yvree and the council's guard, kid fends off the council's guards and kills Yvree
-kid's left with 3 choices, unify the lost land and our universe, knowing that billions would die, strand the lost land, which would mean that no one could reach Galyanna anymore ultimately leaving it to fend off for itself or sacrifice himself alongside the light burden to unify the lost land and the universe through the netherscape, there'd be no destruction, but ultimately would leave the universe without Turok protecting it

Duke64:
I like that there's an ending to think about. I enjoy the guessing actually and think it gives ability for things like this. Interested to see what you come up with. It is a shame that Acclaim Iguana didn't get to finish where they were going at the same time.

I really liked Danielle as Turok though she's definitely one of my top favorite characters in Turok. I would like to see some kind of future partnership with Tal'Set and Danielle. Its time to add Tal'Set back into the picture for me. I also wasw thinking of a Dark Adon where she becomes possessed and Josh has to save/cure her.

--- Quote from: Coyote Knight on January 25, 2018, 06:06:32 PM ----Josh and/or Adon sacrifice themselves to save the kid from Yvree and the council's guard, kid fends off the council's guards and kills Yvree

--- End quote ---

I like your whole concept, sounds good and this one just sounds like a sad part though arrgghh.

Mon-Ark:
They already ditched any chances for a follow-up in the plot before going bankrupt, when they decided to do Turok Evolution and make it a prequel/retcon for no reason.

Zero_Senki:
I'm glad to see that other people are interested in closing this series appropriately. I also like how you have ideas for the story. Perhaps this'll turn into a community story project.

Also, Mon-Ark, that's some interesting information. I'll keep it in mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version