Author Topic: Time to get this board up. SOURCE CODE LEAKED!  (Read 29973 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Time to get this board up. SOURCE CODE LEAKED!
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 09:25:05 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that and especially  do not want it on the forum here look harder into the folder and look at the stuff I know its a lot. I'm pretty worried with the way it was leaked. I don't know what the legal state of this thing is. I wish someone would actually say.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:58:54 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Sem Ideia

• Iguana
  • T:REP 44
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 01:27:59 PM »
I would go with Everdrive v3 but maybe v2.5 has the ability to bypass certain things too. I know Everdrive v2 won't let you bypass though. Hmm they are pretty pricey yeah the best place to get it is the main site but I don't know how the shipping will be for everyone it varies because its just coming from one place.

Pretty much that problem, I would require someone to send it to me, rather than a company, or else I would be charged twice! >:( But thanks for the tip anyway! I shall look forward to that!

This is amazing, but I am kinda sad that the song is not exactly the same as the trailer. God, I love this!
You and me both... But hey, at least we have something like that, and who knows that there are still old builds laying around there with such music files?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that and especially  do not want it on the forum here look harder into the folder and look at the stuff I know its a lot. I'm pretty worried with the way it was leaked. I don't know what the legal state of this thing is. I wish someone would actually say.

I have no idea what is the legal state of this so far, but as of yet, no one has ever came to talk about this on public. I am not sure if they mind about what happened, but I am not even sure if it's a good idea to spread it around here, which could easily take the forum down because of that.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »
Try playing it on a 1964 emulator. Its a little janky because broken menu screens but it works there.

This is what the menu looks like on emulator for me and the pause menu doesn't work either. But the game does!

There's bad CRC on the rom but it works. It just happens to work on N64 much much better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 12:31:26 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »
Forgot to back up the twitch video, now it disappeared. :(

Is there any news on compiling all this?

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2018, 02:57:22 PM »
 :on fire:ķ
Forgot to back up the twitch video, now it disappeared. :(

Is there any news on compiling all this?
We would need a Silicon Graphics machine to do so

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 07:06:17 PM »
I'll have an SGI O2 soon enough. I'll actually be able to compile the source code, assuming that the N64 SDK for Irix works as documented. Though I'm pretty sure the games shipped being built with a more up-to-date source.
Well that didn't work

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 04:12:39 AM »
I'll have an SGI O2 soon enough. I'll actually be able to compile the source code, assuming that the N64 SDK for Irix works as documented. Though I'm pretty sure the games shipped being built with a more up-to-date source.
Pretty sure that the code you'll compile will be the same as the rom that Duke dug out of the files but who the hell knows... maybe we will find things that we never ever had access to before.
Looking forward to a video documentation of the process.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:13:40 AM by Dinomite »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline GranvilleH

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 08:59:51 AM »
So how big did this leak turn out to be? Anyone keeping tabs on this?
Here are the top performing mini excavators in the world.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 06:11:19 PM »
Depends on what you consider big. The leak is on several websites and includes a near finished version of the game, the Version 43 beta as shown by Sixtyfour's Youtube video posted by Jay Doomed, and the entire game's source code.

Additionally, it contains a few other things, a lot of uncompressed audio, a lot of unused audio, a compressed archive of game assets, a beta music track, and a few "Project Reality" rom demos, which was the development name of the N64.

So, the leak and what it contains is fairly big!

Now, do you mean big as in, did someone do anything? Well, that depends. I think the source code would be fun to learn from, but it'd be illegal to make a game from, and the Turok remasters already exist. The audio might be less controversial, but Darren Mitchell does not want his music re-uploaded or re-used, and I respect that. As for the sound effects, I guess that depends really, a lot of them are exactly the same ones featured in the game, and I think there is no real moral issue in taking uncompressed assets to replace compressed ones. Doesn't mean its legal though.

Finally, this leaves us with the graphics and levels. They're contained in a compressed custom format, much like the one used by the PC version but different. You're never going to be able to access that unless someone cracks it, and I don't think anyone who is able, is willing to. You could try to extract the textures through emulator plugins though.

So, I apologize for this long post, but I just wanted to explain it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal