Author Topic: WolfenTurok 3D  (Read 26822 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Turok - Wolfenstein3D
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 04:23:35 PM »
Really cool mod though. Oh I know what to do with mods of course but I can't download from steam. I never played Wolfenstein really, its a cool game I played bits but never got into it. Turok is far superior :) Its kind of cool to play it Turok style.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 09:12:51 PM »
Really cool mod though. Oh I know what to do with mods of course but I can't download from steam. I never played Wolfenstein really, its a cool game I played bits but never got into it. Turok is far superior :) Its kind of cool to play it Turok style.

Really Cool - yeah, it's downright amazing the amount of scripting work you did on this. Custom start menu - custom level menus - custom save game menu - custom character's - dogs and cats living together. The par times are great too. I mean, anybody could just go in there for an unlimited time frame. But to shoot for beating the par time through the level is hard. Adds the replay factor to the game. I've seen something like this in the snapmap community, but it wasn't this good. Although I think maybe this is where the texures came from?

Many thanks for this wonderful arcade game addition.
Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 10:24:11 PM »
:) good channel subscribe good friend of mine lots of classic fps, also a member here somewhere lol

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 12:40:45 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 01:00:06 AM »
Well I am not much a huge fan of Wolfenstein the mod is awesome I would of never launched classic Wolfenstein. Maybe the new ones lol. But the mod made me :) Turok is better even here lol. I was not trying to take away from what scripting it took when I just said it was cool lol. I wouldn't respond normally :p
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »
:) good channel subscribe good friend of mine lots of classic fps, also a member here somewhere lol

Subbed!

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 06:09:21 PM »
That is pretty cool and very fun big Wolfenstein fan here also. Question did you export the levels and import them and then add sectors on them? I seen something from snake when he was doing that with the Hollywood level. He ripped hollywood out of the game and imported it as a model into Turok and then added sectors on it. Really cool that you added the Doom level. This is good work dude.

For the Wolfenstein levels I made them myself. I just made a cube and a plane model and made the levels from that. The doom and hexen maps I did export them out. I editted them with gzBuilder/Blender and exported them out and sectored them.

Oh! very cool! haha he waits for them by the door and knifes them. And a much better thumbnail than mine. I'd ask if I could use that instead of the one that's on the steam workshop page.

I made an update for this mod that has several changes - some of which include weapon changes, more enemy types, and a new level from Hexen!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:57:33 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 09:26:15 PM »
All those different enemy types and new textures, I loved it!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 12:56:49 AM »
A Duke Nukem enemy sprite I see already! This update sounds awesome though keep it up. When I get the time I know what I'm playing (well I will be playing catch up on everyone's mods heh).  Nice job.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 06:57:09 AM »
This looks like a lot of fun.  I can't wait to try it out.  Looking forward to the inevitable Doom episode 1 port!

Off topic but still kinda pertinent:  Would it be possible to have a repository or at least a link to a Google Drive or Mega page with standalone versions for all these lovely mods and maps?  It'd be nice to have a central Turok hub that doesn't rely on the wherewithal of modders sharing a link on the Workshop page. :)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »
This looks like a lot of fun.  I can't wait to try it out.  Looking forward to the inevitable Doom episode 1 port!

Off topic but still kinda pertinent:  Would it be possible to have a repository or at least a link to a Google Drive or Mega page with standalone versions for all these lovely mods and maps?  It'd be nice to have a central Turok hub that doesn't rely on the wherewithal of modders sharing a link on the Workshop page. :)

As much as I love Valve and the things they do, stuff gets lost if you rely on a single source for mods (morrowind's gamespy mod repository is an example of this happening), so I second this.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal