Author Topic: My opinion on Turok 3's cliffhanger  (Read 9822 times)

Offline Zero_Senki

• Iguana
  • T:REP 19
    • View Profile
My opinion on Turok 3's cliffhanger
« on: January 25, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »
Turok 3's story was awesomely made, in my opinion. However, the cliffhanger ending to this game had me thinking that Acclaim had the ambition to turn the trilogy to a quad set before they went bankrupt. It was unfortunate to see that they couldn't follow through before it all collapsed.

Back around 2014, I got Turok 1, 3 and Rage Wars as a gift from my dad. I already had Turok 2, so my collection was complete. I played the heck out of these games, but the game that had me the most intrigued was Turok 3. That game had me so intrigued that when I slept after completing the game, I dreamed about Joseph, Danielle and Adon encountering a huntress in a massive tree that was hired by the Chamber of Voices to try and take out Adon because of her belligerence. You could say that it played out like a 3 on 1 multiplayer battle, with the Huntress having Boss level health.

A few days ago, I decided to try and make this dream a reality with the beginning of my own fan novel. It's only at the Preface right now, but mark my words I'll get this saga its deserved conclusion.

So, what's your opinion on Turok 3's ending? I would love to hear from fellow Turok fans.

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
Re: My opinion on Turok 3's cliffhanger
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:06:32 PM »
tl:dr version of mine

-Adon saves Joshua and both disappear, council writes them off as dead/missing, Joseph and Danielle also believe they're dead
-Timeskip to Danielle's kid becoming Turok at 18 years old, the council then use him to do their bidding with the help of Yvree
-Kid goes around the lost land, crushing several groups who try to rebel against the council of voices (no one knows who's behind these uprisings or the reason behind these uprisings)
-the council however has been hiding their true intent, which is to unify the lost land and earth, in doing so, it would lead to severe destruction across multiple planets, including earth (which is why they wanted to get rid of Joshua and Adon in the first place, they knew both of them would oppose their plan)
-the uprisings gain even more momentum and it's revealed that Adon and Joshua were behind these uprisings and gained knowledge of the council's true intentions long before Danielle's kid was born
-Josh and/or Adon sacrifice themselves to save the kid from Yvree and the council's guard, kid fends off the council's guards and kills Yvree
-kid's left with 3 choices, unify the lost land and our universe, knowing that billions would die, strand the lost land, which would mean that no one could reach Galyanna anymore ultimately leaving it to fend off for itself or sacrifice himself alongside the light burden to unify the lost land and the universe through the netherscape, there'd be no destruction, but ultimately would leave the universe without Turok protecting it

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:41:07 PM »
I like that there's an ending to think about. I enjoy the guessing actually and think it gives ability for things like this. Interested to see what you come up with. It is a shame that Acclaim Iguana didn't get to finish where they were going at the same time.

I really liked Danielle as Turok though she's definitely one of my top favorite characters in Turok. I would like to see some kind of future partnership with Tal'Set and Danielle. Its time to add Tal'Set back into the picture for me. I also wasw thinking of a Dark Adon where she becomes possessed and Josh has to save/cure her.

-Josh and/or Adon sacrifice themselves to save the kid from Yvree and the council's guard, kid fends off the council's guards and kills Yvree

I like your whole concept, sounds good and this one just sounds like a sad part though arrgghh.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 10:34:52 PM »
They already ditched any chances for a follow-up in the plot before going bankrupt, when they decided to do Turok Evolution and make it a prequel/retcon for no reason.

Offline Zero_Senki

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »
I'm glad to see that other people are interested in closing this series appropriately. I also like how you have ideas for the story. Perhaps this'll turn into a community story project.

Also, Mon-Ark, that's some interesting information. I'll keep it in mind.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:41:49 PM by Zero_Senki »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 01:40:06 AM »
Welcome  interesting idea if i say so :feather:

They probably decided to make Evolution for a few reasons. Turok 3 really didn't do so well. Infact the scores could be compared to those of Turok 08. So business wise going back to the start makes sense on paper. And game engines were really improving so things could look better at the time. It wasn't just Turok evolution that made them bankrupt isn't that just the cherry on top of all the mishaps from them? Just thoughts.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Turok Fireseed

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 03:02:47 AM »
I actually had my own theory. Adon would try to save Joshua, but with Yvree working for the council, they would try to to find Joshua, and either destroy his body, or use it for their own purposes (similar to Oblivion). Joseph and Danielle had been wandering the Lost Land the whole time, due to their home being destroyed, and due to this new threat, they encounter Tal'Set, who warns them of the council's plan, and of Joshua possibly still being alive. This causes a race against time, ultimately having the Turoks find Joshua alive and well, with Adon at his side. As for Yvree, it could be possible that she could be a family member, maybe even her mother, who could have been still alive this whole time (since it never went into detail about her mother's death), and the whole situation ultimately ending up with the council destroyed, and Yvree dead. With no other forms of leadership, Adon volunteers to lead Galyanna, and Joshua either joining her, or leaving with Danielle and Joseph.

Offline Zero_Senki

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »
I actually had my own theory. Adon would try to save Joshua, but with Yvree working for the council, they would try to to find Joshua, and either destroy his body, or use it for their own purposes (similar to Oblivion). Joseph and Danielle had been wandering the Lost Land the whole time, due to their home being destroyed, and due to this new threat, they encounter Tal'Set, who warns them of the council's plan, and of Joshua possibly still being alive. This causes a race against time, ultimately having the Turoks find Joshua alive and well, with Adon at his side. As for Yvree, it could be possible that she could be a family member, maybe even her mother, who could have been still alive this whole time (since it never went into detail about her mother's death), and the whole situation ultimately ending up with the council destroyed, and Yvree dead. With no other forms of leadership, Adon volunteers to lead Galyanna, and Joshua either joining her, or leaving with Danielle and Joseph.

This is actually quite interesting!  :grin:

Man, this thread is getting big. :XD:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal