Author Topic: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects  (Read 124240 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 12:45:52 PM »
Just let me know and I'm down! Good luck with that other map man you need to give it a name already xD
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »
Sixty Four I can't wait to play this Doom map. I already played the Duke remix level man really neat ideas. Glad you all got an editor and the other new level looks good. I probably won't use the editor for awhile I'm knee deep in a wad I'm working on and helping out with the Soul Sanctum wad with you guys. Awesome work I will definitely play!

Offline Doom Dojo

• Iguana
  • T:REP 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 02:19:26 PM »

Doom 2 level 1 Entryway: Ancient Entryway

That Doom entrance looks beautiful, anticipated!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:55:12 PM by Doom Dojo »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 09:15:11 PM »
Sixty Four I can't wait to play this Doom map. I already played the Duke remix level man really neat ideas. Glad you all got an editor and the other new level looks good. I probably won't use the editor for awhile I'm knee deep in a wad I'm working on and helping out with the Soul Sanctum wad with you guys. Awesome work I will definitely play!

I'm really glad you are helping me with some kinks in the wad Soul Sanctum. Yeah these two maps are slowly being worked on. If I was really focused they would both be done. But I'm a bit busy with something atm. These aren't the only two maps I have started they're just the most built. I like to switch it up and keep it fresh myself. Just something I do idk. But the Doom map is real close to done its just a matter of when I get a moment to sit down with it. I plan to and when I do the map should be about 90% done after that and I can send it over for quick testing.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 03:17:27 AM »

Mag 60 mod its not perfect it needs quite a bit of work on the model itself and its not the model from Turok 2 remaster before anyone assumes that somehow.

Snake Plissken was a big help with the kmat file for this and getting textures working out. As I had some troubles with getting the textures correct. https://duke64nukem.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/y2.jpg

EGT does the music here: https://elguitartom.bandcamp.com/album/egt-doom-covers-remastered
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 04:06:59 AM »
Wow i need it dude
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

That is pretty bad ass man I would use it. I don't like new weapons very much but that is acceptable and its pretty good for Turok 1. Its like the Mag 60 before Turok 2's Mag 60. You know how the Rage Wars Mag 60 is upgraded from Turok 2's also. Nice one.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 01:19:36 PM »
Is there anyway to download it? I don't mind if its WIP its already a really nice one! Fine how it is. Anyways, when Turok 2 releases you can simply switch the model and use that one. But I kind of like how this one is man reminds me of a perfect dark weapon like the comments say's. But I can tell its a mag 60 there in Turok 1 like Jay said^^

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »
I sent it to you in pm sure if you want it, I don't want to share LINKS yet because its not 100% done. The video is near done though. Would like to note that wiithout snake's help with kmats it would of taken me sometime to study on kmat files. I don't do very much work with models tbh but I got it into the game lol. Hmm models are probably my weakest point xD I can get them in the game and stuff so I'm satisfied with that lol but actually fixing and making sure newly added textures work is hard for me in model softwares. Its hard because I never tried much with models, most games I have edited use sprites. Still a bit confused why the textures appear fine on my model but they are flipped inside out when rendering :o
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:31:39 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 10:15:17 PM »
That might be because the faces are inverted; In some cases it wont show until you render it.
Its expected when you rip models from N64 games with that plugin.

Just select the wole model and flip them (I believe in some programs the action is called "reverse vertex order"

Also, some games give out a duplicate model with an all black texture which you have to delete (turok2 is an example)

Final note is to weld vertexes so the lighting applies better to the model. In this case you have to specifically select the vertexes and then choose some option along with "weld to nearest", and make sure the  value is really low so it only connect the vertexes that are touching themselves.

This probably does a better work explaining:

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-16126.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:26:11 PM by Mon-Ark »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal