Author Topic: Duke Nukem  (Read 111773 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Duke Nukem
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 08:56:43 PM »
I wouldn't ban for saying an opinion if I'm going to use my time banning its going to be on the smart bots. But saying you lost respect for people well I don't know what to tell ya. You are wrong though Duke 3D reloaded did turn into Rott man.... Its even in the same engine UE3 and even looks just like it xD I mean to a degree of course they got new textures and new models to fit Rott and stuff like that I'm sure. Also, those guys showed me some of the Reloaded models before personally, I have seen the pistol and shotgun and many others in blender while they moved it around they were pretty bad ass. Its also been said somewhere by Fresch that Rott formed from there work on Reloaded. I tried saying it already Fresch said he couldn't have all that work go to complete waste, guys arguing for nothing and over a game that is gone with the wind.

They also got paid for Rott, when Duke 3d reloaded was going to be ftp. So its actually better for them as a company. They got a pretty penny and probably popped a bottle with the team because its how they started off.  I don't agree it would be like tf2 though. Rott is nothing like tf2 probably just joking lmao. But Rott is literally the works of Duke 3D Reloaded just because gearhax closed it down doesn't mean they gave up on there project. They literally moved there work to Rott. And I actually like Rott if it were Duke I might of played even more.  Then again I kind of like Rott a lot.

I was mad at 3Dr though for losing Duke to Gearhax this wasn't always how I felt. Everyone gets mad at Gearhax because its easy but nobody seemed to care as much about the people who made that possible for gearhax. I have gotten over it with 3dr though those guys I can consider friends to a degree and at least they tried to do something. It was just a horrible result of losing Duke completely. Reloaded was not a bad idea. But after buying 3DR and already knowing that Gearbox wouldn't allow a new Duke. Trying Duke Nukem Mass Destruction (the game that turned into bombshell) was a bad idea. Its what lead to losing Duke Nukem completely that's why they changed to Bshell. I got over all that crap and just tired of over thinking things on Duke. I just want a Duke if its good, good if its bad. Well then move on..sell the ip who cares.

Crazy match here though. All good players here for sure. But dat comeback hehe.

Lol completely messed my post up and fixed it crap. As I said before i'm not getting into these invalid pointless battles here because I have heard it all a million times and probably more. I made this post because I already know this conversation has just begun probably. But I'm just going to post things about Duke inbetween it that have nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:11:01 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 07:08:29 PM »
Never released it on Moddb yet. Its an old release actually my first mod, I put it on duke4 forum though. Simple mod I converted and fixed the DN64 specific DM maps and formed them into SP maps. Then put them in episode format.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:57:02 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 12:17:08 PM »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 10:51:03 PM »
Everything you need to know about the Duke game coming what's different and stuff.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/duke-nukem-3d-everything-you-need-to-know-about-th/1100-6443306/

Voidpoint is the name of eduke teams company ;)

Also, wallpaper

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:12:27 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 04:25:00 AM »
It doesn't include the expansions?  Seriously?  For all my cynicism, I still thought it would at least be complete.  And Randy's already alluding to yet another "definitive" edition in the future?  They're seriously going to try to double-dip with a 20-year old game that's already had two prior digital re-releases.

This is fucking pathetic.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »
By "definitive" I and others are thinking they might mean a Duke pack that will include Total Meltdown psx port and Duke 64 n64 port as seen in thte tweet (with the help of eduke32). Pretty much the HTTK collection but for pc and consoles instead of androids. People are already suggesting Zero Hour, Land of Babes, and Time to Kill things like these.

For this world tour game, I know the expansions won't be in here Randy said "they aren't 20 years old yet" not tht good of an excuse but I personally have all the expansions on eduke 32 and megaton already. Since this offers better mp built from the ground up with bots and stuff count me in :P That alone makes it better if its true now add a new episode by original cast :)

Nearly 20 thousand people like the official post on facebook, that's a ton of people for another Duke 3D release. Megaton announcement didn't even reach this numbers. And John Romero xD

But you guys not only ones who also have mixed feelings seems it just depends ya know.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:40:03 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
Yeah when its Gearbox its Gearbox and they haven't really given any reason for us to be confident so is what it is I don't blame. They should have expansions yes I have them too, but I want to play them on there new engine but overall yes give me better written mp I am happy. Even with the followers of the game they're walking on egg shells trust me. But I think some people and including John Romero are more interested in seeing the og cast back. Like for me I am really happy to see that and Level Lord is like an influence tbh.

If the definitive collection was another simple and plain Duke 3D I would say screw that xD But if they were to put DN64 and Total Meltdown included and release those and have mp for those. Oh quick buy. Zero Hour is a quick buy for me also.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 04:13:03 AM »
Duke Nukem zero hour is on its way to PC ;) let's not forget that .

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
I be saving babes, not killing them. I take good care of them later xD

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 07:25:25 AM »
I be saving babes, not killing them. I take good care of them later xD

Never like that about the n version. I love them more hen anything though none the less, but yeah. Let's save the babe by putting her out of her misery when we all very well already know that they can live another day if rescued, not like there ol'yellers. I would love to know who came up with the idea and why, doesn't seem like something that would be removed to make the port on n64 more... Able to happen or something. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal