Author Topic: MultiPlayer Map City 4 Reloaded  (Read 11355 times)

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
Re: MultiPlayer Map City 4 Reloaded
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 06:57:44 AM »
I've PM'd you regarding a wee play tonight if you're up for it. :)

It's impressive that it's been dl'd so many times.  Congratulations!  Remember, if people aren't giving you feedback, that's usually a good sign.  Folk are much quicker to complain than to congratulate - just look at the 'feedback' that the remaster multiplayer has been getting...  So, you must be doing something right. ;)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 02:54:10 AM »
I think it was mostly other modders looking at the files, and structure and that. It's good. In the old days there was amazing support between people which led to just great stuff being put out. Lets hope that happens here.

So just to note the obvious for anyone that has the map - kpf is not compatible with the new update and your game won't run if you have it.
Remove the "City4 Reloaded A.kpf" from your mods folder. Delete it I guess would be the best thing, it was no masterpiece. I've removed the download.

-gl -hf -gg -Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 07:47:20 AM »
Yeah, maybe other mappers/modders can look at your work and learn.  I think that's probably the best way for a community to grow up around a game. :)

I started a game with the new patch last night and was a little dismayed when I couldn't connect.  I clicked that it was likely to be your map.  That's a shame.

I'm sad that you've taken it down though (there's not a lot of content for Turok Sanctum as it is!).  I'm hoping you'll update it to be compatible with the new release.

Playing a bit last night was a lot of hectic fun.  I'd like your map to be in there too. :)

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 12:02:35 PM »
Hi One eye, when your sleeping you look just like a baby! hahahahahaaaa rotfl

Hey I saw your post on steam about the dedicated server inquiry http://steamcommunity.com/app/405830/discussions/0/135513549102346203/ n1ce try.

so if we all look at our .cfg file now we see some new items in there referring to GoG Galaxy which I've heard mentioned is a server hosting protocol(?) that doesn't exist. So I guess there's some information there which is proprietary and secret for now. The new update also really improved multiplayer just by tonnage. One Ton On. Fixed the weapon pickup setting and the chat display, now we can actually chat in the game. So those should make chirac happy. Makes me happier. Oh and 3 new maps  :D

-gg -gl -hl -Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »
Yep.  I slept a lot! :P

I make no secret that I'm utterly pants.  That's kinda why I stuck to Rok Match.  That way I can't spoil anyone's team tactics...  But I'm resilient.  To coin a phrase:  "I'll be back." :P

The GOG Galaxy thang is for GOG/Steam cross play in multiplayer though I don't think it's live yet.  It can only be a good thing when it is though.  The more, the merrier, eh? :)

As for the dedicated server query, I figured adding another (positive) voice to the crowd can only help.  Here's hoping we get some kind of response.

I am pretty hopeful that it'll happen soon.  For the first time ever, every bug I reported was fixed within a single update.  That shows they're listening - well, at least to me! :P

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
Hey you know that's a good idea, to create a CTF map before there is CTF for the game. I'm growing a bit cooler toward mapping for this game. It's more than a little 'tedious'. Let me tell you something about Team Play. You don't need to be the best killer or the best goalie or any of that. That is what makes it great. There is no "team" if only 2 people are opposing one another. You must have at least 3 people, right? So that makes the support players on a team VERY important. And when teams are unbalanced, especially by number of player (ex: <3 vs. 4>< 5 vs. 6>) that sukks too. So there are a lot of dynamics to team games. I LOVE CFT. My favorite. When they start up One Eye, join in, you won't regret it.

So since I'm not gonna update this map right now, and this thread has become a private chat for me and you, I'm gonna ask the moderators to delete it.

I'll start a new thread when I'm done with the new version of this map. -gl -hf -gg -Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 07:57:42 AM »
So, you'll be my CTF sensei, then?  Cool beans. :)

Converting your map to offer something different ahead of the curve is nice thinking.  When you say 'cooler', do you mean you're cooler with the editor or your interest is cooling off?

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »

I Hope some of you guys will be available tonight, I will be looking for a game

That map looks pretty cool. Nice one dude. Are you going to update the dl??
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 03:25:16 AM »
That's Mr. Trump to You! rotflmao The trump cards are fate crystalized.  So with that aside this map won't be ready again for another week at least.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you would, just delete this entire thread and I'll start up a new one when I'm done.

gg -Gaz
No Ciggi

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 10:57:47 AM »
That's Mr. Trump to You! rotflmao The trump cards are fate crystalized.  So with that aside this map won't be ready again for another week at least.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you would, just delete this entire thread and I'll start up a new one when I'm done.

gg -Gaz

Why delete it when it already has responses here? I would just use it and update the op. Just my opinion ;) Cool picture too.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal