Author Topic: Perfect Dark Weapons in Doom RELOADED by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] (UPDATED V1.3)  (Read 20856 times)

Online thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
  • T:REP 472
  • Am I'm a Kid, or am I'm a Squid! - Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

by Raffine52
Current Version: 1.3
Raffine's yet another Non Turok Related Doom Weapon Mod!
After 2 years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait.

The year is 2023. Technology continues to thrive and advance, bringing anti-gravity devices and holographic technology into reality. Many corporations have invested in furthering the world's hi-tech industry, with big businesses running the show. One such developer, the dataDyne Corporation, seeks new levels of technology ceaselessly in the race to be number one.

Recent developments have secured their lead manufacturing position, with companies all around the world sharing the fruits of their labor. Despite these advances, global prosperity is still unachieved, as the leader and culture of dataDyne is driven by power and dominance.

Their latest invention certainly adds to dataDyne's ego - the world's first sentient AI computer, capable of thinking and making decisions on its own. Named "Dr. Caroll" and developed in secret, the AI quickly demonstrates its robotic personality. It seemed the artificial intelligence developed its very own morals and refused to continue with dataDyne's tasks, as it felt they betrayed ethical and moral standards.

Before dataDyne could counter the issue by removing Dr. Caroll's personality, the robot contacts the Carrington Institute - headed by world-renowned entrepreneur Daniel Carrington. Dr. Caroll hopes to find salvation and extraction from dataDyne with the hope of revealing their seedy and dark dealings to Carrington's agents.

Cue freshly-trained CI agent Joanna Dark, ready to face her first mission. Briefed on the extraction operation awaiting her, this mission seems ideal to launch Joanna's experience.

There's more than meets the eye though, as upon recovering Dr. Caroll they'll discover the shrouded secrets of dataDyne and a hidden plot threatening the entire planet. The pressure's on, and the fate of many will rest with Joanna's success or failure.

You'll play as Joanna Dark, Doom, James Bond 007 or a Bad Fur Soldier From the first person perspective as she uncovers dataDyne's mysteries through a weapons port of intense action. As the semi-sequel to his GoldenEye Weapon Port masterpiece, veterans and newcomers alike will be right at home with all the aspects the mod has to offer. Get ready to find out what a day in the life of Joanna Dark is all about.

Perfect Dark Weapons in Doom Reloaded is a port of the weapons from the Nintendo 64 Game "Perfect Dark" to the GZDoom/Zandronum engine. Why this mod has 'Reloaded' as part of it's subtitle? because there was a another mod that ported the weapons from PD, and the name was KaelDragon. Just like with TurokDoom by Murden64, It was nice for the time for having the weapon sprites ripped from the game itself with no changes made, and that fact that almost all of the weapons are included (Although some weapons are missing, like the Classic Weapons). Over time, though, The ripped sprites was showing it's age, there was no reloading (Although the Cyclone, Rocket Launcher, Tranquilizer and Slayer do have reloading animations, there are just there and don't fully reload the gun), and other problems. he did tried to fix a few problems with it with the release of 'Perfect Dark Weapons: Unfinished Business' back in March 22, 2018, And although it fixed a few issues with it and it comes with MP3 music instead of MIDI music, It kept all of the problems of the Original mod.

Come 2020, And after taking care of other projects of his, he was like, "Why not give the Perfect Dark Weapon Port in Doom a 2nd chance and improve it with some 'Quality of Life' improvements?" This is where 'Perfect Dark Weapons in Doom Reloaded' comes in.

Fun fact: He started ripping the sprites back in 2019 and even did a short teaser in one of my Youtube Videos, but due to a lack of interest, he pushed it to next year.

This 2nd take on porting the Weapons from Perfect Dark includes not only all of the weapons, but also includes the reloading system, making the weapons more in line with the Original game, including the missing weapons that the Old PD Weapon Port didn't include originally, some callbacks to other Rareware titles like 'Donkey Kong 64', and a lot more.

TEASER

TRAILER

Download Link
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/qpfexuiw91ulu/Perfect_Dark_Weapons_In_Doom_RELOADED

Add-Ons Included
Simuants Only
Auto Taunts (GZDoom only)
Enable RED *NEW*
Zandronum Patch
Music Pack

Edited Build Version 1.3B
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnuyjnlgwvvuuig/PerfectDarkWeaponsInDoomReloadedV1.3B.pk3/file

Screenshot Preview

Related Topic
https://www.turokforums.com/index.php?topic=602.0

« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 06:31:04 PM by thebestmlTBM »

Offline Nutshot

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
Please never stop doing these Weapon Mods.
Every single Set feels different and this is just great.
I really like having so many Weapons in the Turok Games, and these Mods really reminds of this.
I do have two questions thou.
- Do you have any plans on doing a Weapon Mod Pack for "South Park 64?
- Also are you limited to N64 Sprites only or did you already made some tests from other Eras/Consoles?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:08:47 AM by Nutshot »

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 569
  • HEAVEN OR HELL, DUEL 1, LET'S ROCK!
    • View Profile
Please never stop doing these Weapon Mods.
Every single Set feels different and this is just great.
I really like having so many Weapons in the Turok Games, and these Mods really reminds of this.
I do have two questions thou.
- Do you have any plans on doing a Weapon Mod Pack for "South Park 64?
- Also are you limited to N64 Sprites only or did you already made some tests from other Eras/Consoles?

Hell yeah I agree with you: I will never stop doing Weapon Ports no matter what, and combined with updates overtime to fix bugs, It's becoming a fun thing for me to do.

Yeah, I have plans to port the Weapons from South Park FPS, Mainly the PC Version instead of the N64 Version.
Although I do the N64 Content I do content from later Eras too.

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Dark Weapons in Doom RELOADED by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] (V1.0)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 01:34:43 PM »
Trailer's up:

&feature=youtu.be

Amd the The Download link is up: https://mega.nz/folder/3N0F0AAJ#MNTxGMZJxoPV5I7LHBFhQw

Offline Nutshot

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
Damn, this looks better then i thought.
I have to be honest, i didn´t tested out any of your Weapon Mods yet, only did bookmarked this site to come to it later once i may play Doom again.
So really i expected from the Animation Standpoint it was on the same Level like "Real Guns Hardcore"
https://sites.google.com/site/realgunshardcore/
(which itself is based on an even older Weapons Mod if i remember it right).
But now after watching the Trailer, the Animations are so smooth, it really feels like you´re playing Perfect Dark itself instead of Doom (except the Enemies :)). Great job!
I hope i get the same smoothness in your other Weapon Mods too. ;D

PS: By the way, speaking of "Real Guns Hardcore", was you aware of it?
Maybe you are the right person to give it some QOL Improvements too, based on how old the last Update was.
There was also an Unreal Weapon Mod (maybe by the same guy, he did a bunch of these Weapon Packs).

I thought there was an Update thou:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-doom-cod-style-advanced-weapons-mod
But it seems this has nothing to do with "Real Guns Hardcore". I already asked them about if this is a Revised Edition of "Real Guns Hardcore". but they said it´s not.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:17:09 AM by Nutshot »

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Dark Weapons in Doom RELOADED by Raffine52 [Doom Mod] (V1.2)
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 03:18:52 AM »
V1.1 has been released.

Added Perfect Kirby. Unlike RED, He's included in the base mod for the most part.
Added RED. However, You have to load in the addon in order to use her. Her Files are included, though.
Fixed the Grenade's Alt Fire Mode playing the Sim Voice even when playing as Doom and 007.
Made a pickup Actor for the Boombox.
The Combat Knife now makes sounds when you switch away while in Throwing Knife mode.
Fixed the Mauler Pickup using the Crossbow's Pickup Sprite.
The DY357-LX no longer spawns on the Plasma Gun Spot, and the Reaper now spawns in the BFG9000 Spot instead.
The Proximity Mine now uses the code from the GE007TC Mod. This allows the Proxy Mines to no longer somehow grant you kills when they blow up, However this adds in a bug where if the enemy is close to a mine, They will get killed and you will not be credited for a kill.
Fixed the Sniper Rifle going into a little bit of the ready animation after it's done reloading.
The N-Bomb is now voiced when throwing it as Simulant.

EDIT: Version V1.2 has been released. Originally I was going to release it a few days ago, but my interest in TWINE suddenly went up, which is why it took a little bit longer for it to come out. But at least I did a few changes when I got back to it, I guess?

Fixed a bug where firing the SuperDragon's Grenade Launcher Mode would somehow take away one bullet from the main magazine.
Buffed the Shotgun's Firing rate a little bit.
Fixed the Laser's Main firing sound and the Reaper's spinning stop and reloading sounds cutting off just by jumping while they are playing.
The Devastator and SuperDragon now fire Grenades in a normal path instead of firing them up from the arc (AKA Goldeneye's Grenade Launcher).
Falcon 2 now fires a little bit faster.
Fixed the Reaper Ammo being called out twice in the Cellpack Spawner.
Both Farsight Orbs and Reaper Ammo Pickups are now harder to find.
The Tranquilizer was moved from being in the Super Shotgun Spawner spot to the Chainsaw Spawner spot. We will see how it goes.
The Boombox's spawn rate has been changed from '1' to '2'.
Buffed the Crossbow: It now goes faster and deals 15 damage instead of 10.
CC13 now fires a little bit faster just like the Falcon 2.
You can no longer spawn the Items from Banjo and Donkey Kong 64 (This will change in later updates though once I get them done when my interest in one of them happens).
The Simulant now uses the DataDyne Shock Trooper Sprites instead of reusing Doom Marine's Appearance.
RCP-45, Shotgun and AR34 pull out faster.
Buffed the Farsight: It's shots can now rip through enemies now.
Added 'FORCEXYBILLBOARD' on some of the Actors so they don't look like paper.

I also updated the Music Pack to fix one issue:

Fixed the GBC Tracks having their titles swapped.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:14:32 PM by Raffine52 »

Online thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
    • View Profile
The First Edited Build Version of the Raffine52's Non-Turok Doom Mod is here!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8x4enex9ef2qnpn/PerfectDarkWeaponsInDoomReloadedV1.2B.pk3/file

Offline kalensar

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
I loved this mod so much that I just had to use it's resources to make a different mod out of it. I used it to make a more compatible version for Doom itself, aimed for Brutal Doom playing. I'd love to thank the hard work of the authors so a guy like me can come in and make a load of fun times off the backs of GIANTS. Literally, these authors were amazing for the work they did on the rips, animations and coding. I spent a week just weeding and editing and was just astounded at how well they did  on it.

I'll post a link to my homage style mod on here, Perfect Dark Brutal Doom, as it used the resources in this mod to be made. It was an amazing sandbox to use and play with, and it's only right that I link the fruits that grew from this garden.

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/downloads/perfect-dark-brutal-doom

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
    • View Profile
V1.3 has been released. Sorry if it took me a while to release it, But it's something, at least.

Buffed DY357 Magnum's damage. To make up for this, though, the Magnum ammo is now less likely to spawn.
Buffed the Tranquilizer's main firing mode: It now does more damage and now spawns in the Plasma Rifle Spot.
Buffed the Shotgun a little bit.
Rockets, Grenades and Crossbow Bolts should no longer have hitbox issues when trying to aim them.
Fixed a bug where when you duck while playing as the Simulant, he will have Doom's sprites for it, although glitched.
Fixed the Devastator going into one frame of the ready animation after firing it as well as reloading it. (While I was playtesting it, It had a worse version of that glitch where after you finished reloading it, GZDoom will freeze up, which happened to me two times in a row and resulted in lost of progress)
Fixed a bug where if the Simulant dies, he will use the wrong sprite when the animation finishes.
Added a Intermission picture and music. In Perfect Dark's case, It uses the same picture as winning a match in Zan, But it now uses the 'Mission Completed' theme, with the theme for winning a match in Zan now using the 'Multiplayer Completed' theme.
Fixed the Farsight using the Default Kill Message upon killing someone with it in deathmatch.
The Mod's name is now shown while GZDoom/Zan is loading up.
The Console now uses the wallpaper background from Perfect Dark's Website. I used the 'Bullets are a Girl's best friend.', as that looks cooler.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/qpfexuiw91ulu/Perfect_Dark_Weapons_In_Doom_RELOADED

Online thebestmlTBM

• Raptor
    • View Profile
Perfect Dark Weapons in Doom 1.3B Edited Build Version has been released
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bnuyjnlgwvvuuig/PerfectDarkWeaponsInDoomReloadedV1.3B.pk3/file

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal