Author Topic: Turok EX  (Read 185774 times)

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
Re: Turok EX
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 09:25:55 PM »
Don't forget, since they're being released on Steam, the games will have a Workshop dedicated to them, meaning people will make and release mods for the titles.

Not exactly guaranteed. Most titles on Steam don't have workshop support. For example, System Shock 2, Shadow Man, and Strife: Veteran Edition (all ported by Night Dive) do not have workshop support. I'd be stoked if Turok did get it's own workshop, but I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:09 AM »
Yeah hopefully Turok gets justification! I searched up this Strife game you talk about and first off I would like to say its really cool looking. Also, it seems like it should of had its own workshop since I seen there are a lot of mods/levels made for it. I guess its another classic fps that has options to create user content. That being said, I really hope Turok gets the opportunity to be on the workshop for all steam users to play :)
I AM ADON

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 06:19:28 PM »
Heck yeah Strife is an awesome game :) I played the steam version to (Night Dive) and its pretty flawless. Of course it didn't have mp coding or a workshop so there is less to worry about with that. The game is good though its a RPG/FPS action game in the form of Duke/Doom. 

Hopefully Turok gets the full treatment like Duke Nukem 3D has! But really just being mentioned, brought back to light, worked on, plus the addition of possibly being on Steam is enough I will take it :D
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 11:54:35 AM »
Hell yeah I am still in shock about this news myself. I am also curious about Turok 2 remake because there is no photos ?

Also, did you know Nightdive Studios is also responsible for porting the game Shadow Man from Acclaim?
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »
I know I am pretty late on this but I just heard the latest news! That is really exciting you all must be excited. I headed right over here to the forum as soon as I saw it myself :) Can't wait already and I am highly surprised they mention Turok 2 but there are no screenshots of it. Not to mention when we first heard of this it only talked about Turok 1. Well its bad ass either way hope they indeed do both.

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 02:57:44 PM »
Looks like I am late to the party. I am feeling ecstatic about this :) I AM TUROK coming to a PC near you hehe. I have the same question why isn't there any photo of Turok 2? Either way I don't mind even if it was just Turok 1 I would cry in joy :)
They are watching

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 08:20:57 PM »
Yeah Turok 1 its very fit for a remake, especially if it comes with a level editor :) But Turok 2 is cool to. I agree, a bit is already going on for Turok 2 and the mp of it but would be nice to see it on steam and gog.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 09:26:35 AM »
I really hope you get a level editor Duke, I wish you best for that. I can tell you really want it for T1 :/ Hopefully someone will implement it into Turok 1 using Kaiser's Turok viewer. To me that seems to be a few steps away from being a level editor. That or Turok ex comes with one for it..
I AM ADON

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 10:43:59 AM »
Yeah dreaming and pushing. Got to push for it. If it doesn't happen I think you should try learning Duke even if it takes long. I hope this happens for the Turok community i am pretty sure your not alone.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Xeno Kai

• Iguana
  • T:REP 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
Man I can't wait for these to release, and yeah that would be pretty nice if there was a level editor. I am anticipating the next update to this!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal