Author Topic: DOOM  (Read 328478 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 12:51:25 PM »
Yeah I was excited when this was going to reveal its one of the few new games I am interested in. Even if it doesn't turn out so good Doom news is exciting..

I was also worried about the way the chainsaw is. It seems to be rather scripted with its kills. Like when you go for a kill with it gameplay pauses as the chainsaw cuts. I hope it is more free willing then that. I would rather slice them all up in s tead of cutting/pausing between kills like a cinematic experience.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:56:21 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »
Well thought I would add some screenshots for it :)

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 04:39:01 PM »

That level right here looks interesting to me I like the scene of it.

This remix of the Dark Halls track is pretty awesome. I added it with a montage video I had :)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:46:30 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »
Yeah I was excited when this was going to reveal its one of the few new games I am interested in. Even if it doesn't turn out so good Doom news is exciting..

I was also worried about the way the chainsaw is. It seems to be rather scripted with its kills. Like when you go for a kill with it gameplay pauses as the chainsaw cuts. I hope it is more free willing then that. I would rather slice them all up in s tead of cutting/pausing between kills like a cinematic experience.
I think the chainsaw instant kill are for some kind enemies like Imps or undead marines. I dont know how gameplay is. You wont believe me, but I didnt see the gameplay until this year, but I saw concept art for weapons, monsters and scenarios.
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 12:46:53 AM »
Yeah I was liking that scene to Duke64 it looks like a a good area nice and dark.

Also, cool video man looks you you had a field day with them:3 That remix made by Andrew Hulshult was good I liked his remix soundtrack, it seemed to be on point.

@Rok yeah I think the chainsaw is only like this in a "finish him" type of move I think you control when it does that which is still freedom :) But who knows exactly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:53:11 AM by DoomGuy »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 11:41:31 PM »
I do like the looks of some of the shots for sure particullary that one. But i'm not sure about the weapon as much. Well it is very sci fi though and is cool but I don't know if its perfect for Doom.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »
Yeah I can agree with that somewhat, it does appear to be a bit spacial. I think the best Doom weapons were those from Doom 64 but even then 2 of the weapons are very sci-fi so maybe they were trying to go for that but its not the same :s

Then original weapons also.

I think they were trying to go for that look but I agree its a bit off and the originals are the best!

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:33:33 AM by Dinomite »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:39 PM »
Yeah I don't think there are many who would disagree with you on that, certainly not me xD I was excited at first... like "whaaa there is a Doom movie coming".

Little did I know I was in for a hole lot of poop hehe in fact in the middle of it I went to the bathroom xD

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »
This remix of the Dark Halls track is pretty awesome. I added it with a montage video I had :)

Dang Dukey, those players are in pain good and funny video :D
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 02:14:03 PM »

This may have been posted somewhere already but what the heck, ladies and gents check out Turok Doom :) I think it needs to be upgraded because the author doesn't seem to have a maps for an episode and only has it for the survival mode against a ton of raptors. There could be newer dinosaurs imo. But still its pretty bad ass for me since I love Turok and Doom.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:34:02 AM by Dinomite »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal