Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 298653 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2017, 11:31:01 PM »
I was testing with OBS and I had the settings off pretty bad turns out I had to turn up the bitrate more to get rid of the fuzz but well they're still good videos and fun game :)
I decided to upload these on my Turok Forum yt account heh :)

Abyssal on my team?? Team Rok Match

Two more videos of same night coming lol....

Last Turok Standing.

Rok Mix:

I have fixed OBS and found a better setting so next time they should be high quality again. I usually would use fraps or dxtory but just experimenting.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:09:14 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2017, 03:50:07 AM »
I was confused when I first joined because I wasn't sure which team I was on and I had to check the scoreboard.

When you had the Charge Dart around 5:00 in that third video, I was a real bad shot with the pistol. xD

I subscribed to that channel, too.

I just checked and there is some ambient sounds in the original port and the n64, machinery in the background and things like that, big difference is how the n64 mixes them compared to the original port.

There's three ambient sounds in the remaster, first one echoes "this human", second one "primagen must not be stopped" and the last one I can't figure out.

In the port, they are generic echoes, roughly half a second long and you can sort of make out what they say if you listen closely, but in the n64 version, these echoes are sometimes drawn out for a couple of seconds and are mixed alongside the machinery sounds, so it's really hard to figure out what they say or if they are just generic ambient sound.

By the way, that fov slider from the remaster it's a godsend.

I noticed the "this human" one and the sound on the remaster is more noticeable.

Back when playing the N64 version and emulator, I never would've thought of it anything more than ambient machinery sounds.

That brings me to another thing... I didn't hear "it is inevitable" at the end credits.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:09:59 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2017, 11:17:05 AM »
I was confused when I first joined because I wasn't sure which team I was on and I had to check the scoreboard.

When you had the Charge Dart around 5:00 in that third video, I was a real bad shot with the pistol. xD

That channel is kind of random. Anyone could submit there own Turok videos for the channel doesn't matter if its already posted on your own channels. I just made it to subscribe and like a bunch of members Turok youtubes hehe. But now I will add a few random videos. Feel free to submit any Turok vids guys for that channel.

I don't think you are a terrible aim we both seem to be good at evading shots as I missed you a hole bunch of times myself with the shocker also xD Abyssal the jumping Fireborn xD
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »

That channel is kind of random. Anyone could submit there own Turok videos for the channel doesn't matter if its already posted on your own channels. I just made it to subscribe and like a bunch of members Turok youtubes hehe. But now I will add a few random videos. Feel free to submit any Turok vids guys for that channel.

I don't think you are a terrible aim we both seem to be good at evading shots as I missed you a hole bunch of times myself with the shocker also xD Abyssal the jumping Fireborn xD

I can be, but it depends what type of mood I'm in... If I'm calm, I'll play much better. The jumping habit came from playing the new Doom because I kept getting killed a lot. I had to adjust controls to Tactical because X is an awkward jump button on PS4 controller, especially when you need that same thumb to move around with.

I guess coming from a land of kangaroos, too... xD

The art of Deflection Shooting is what I like practicing. Also a good old WW2 dogfight technique.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 18, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »
I was testing with OBS and I had the settings off pretty bad turns out I had to turn up the bitrate more to get rid of the fuzz but well they're still good videos and fun game :)
I decided to upload these on my Turok Forum yt account heh :)

Abyssal on my team?? Team Rok Match

Two more videos of same night coming lol....

Last Turok Standing.

Rok Mix:

I have fixed OBS and found a better setting so next time they should be high quality again. I usually would use fraps or dxtory but just experimenting.

At least the match we had isn't on there lol. I challenged 64 to 1v1 and score was 64: 20 me: 3 lmao gg. Nice videos though they're still better than my quality. I can't record at high resolutions maybe I need new pc one day.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:59:22 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2017, 03:06:35 AM »
Tnx, duke, for help! I made good use of single player char skin's, to add more joy in MP, so it's second, best experience, imo, after, my first, fun with razor wind:

Can't for more goodies! One day, with help of dev, we could edit those animation, to be perfect, for mp and to add more char from the universe, of any Turok game, maybe! ;)
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2017, 06:03:18 AM »
Adding extra characters would be groovy.  As would the grapple hook from SoO (one can dream!)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2017, 06:38:07 AM »
The mod was fun trying out! :D

As much as I like my Fireborn, it's cool to play as either a Juggernaut, Elite Primagen Trooper, Mantid Soldier & Mantid Drone.

I have a few weapons suggestions for each character, but I'll have to think of them all. It would be cool to have their actual attacks, but powered by certain weapons. Anything with a Sword in melee should definitely be War Blade/Talon, to start with (especially Juggernaut). Of course, the Juggernaut sword would need another weapon for the Plasma attack and ground slam that has the PFM AoE.

The Flesh Lord with a Razor Wind is perfect, seeming one of his attacks is a throwing one. Also, Shredder and Scorpion Missiles for the Elite Trooper's attacks.

I don't know how to mod, but I'm interested to see how this is all done.

Thanks for the download, Vis! :D

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 19, 2017, 09:55:56 AM »
Tnx, duke, for help! I made good use of single player char skin's, to add more joy in MP, so it's second, best experience, imo, after, my first, fun with razor wind:

Can't for more goodies! One day, with help of dev, we could edit those animation, to be perfect, for mp and to add more char from the universe, of any Turok game, maybe! ;)
This looks like really cool mod there! :O cool idea to add razor wind and now more character. Ooh gj and be cool when your done with mod can go on Turok Sanctum looks fun gw.

The mod was fun trying out! :D
I don't know how to mod, but I'm interested to see how this is all done.

Thanks for the download, Vis! :D

Whenever I get a question I just as duke heh or look to behemoths guide helped me a few times now too.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:03:20 AM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 19, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »

Really cool!  8)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal