Author Topic: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!  (Read 55181 times)

Offline kubpica

• Iguana
  • T:REP 90
    • View Profile
Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!
« on: December 23, 2015, 12:06:13 PM »
Hey! Soon I will contact with Night Dive Studios (guys making Turok 2 Remastered). I and other players thinks that we should tell them what we think should be changed (or not) in new version of T2. So, please guys write here your ideas for refreshed T2.

I will keep updating our wishlist here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GgFR3O9KVOPVs538VhUVouvjcFXGQyk0vqoAg3MMBz0/edit?usp=sharing

Here are my few suggestions:

Level editor!

CO-OP mode:
By using some tricks and editing variables in game memory I got Turok 2 CO-OP mode! (multiplayer mode mixed with singleplayer mode on singleplayer levels) Here is video - https://youtu.be/q8E3fugeEDU https://youtu.be/k9VfNQFa3TE
I also already got "death bug" and teleports fixed by hacking game memory ;p
Would be super awesome if they can add this CO-OP feature to T2 remaster! Just imagine kicking dinos' ass with friends also on maps created by community :D

Fog:
In your Turok: Dinosaur Hunter remaster there is fog turned off by default. I think It can't be done in T2:SOE (remove the fog in default settings). Using sniper zoom in Plasma Rifle and Tek Bow to see what is behind the fog is game mechanic! Example: In last world there are "shooting cameras" which are overpowered at short distance and you have to find them in fog by zoom to kill them from long distance. Or just last level in first world is a good example - you gets Tek Bow with sniper zoom before entering the long area which is suggestion that you should use sniper zoom. "Extend draw distance" should be in cheat menu (and in server config on/off).

Fov:
I noticed that in T2 there are two types of fov - fov of camera and fov of weapon (modelview). Using command "set fov 90" you set both fovs to 90. But thanks editing variables in game memory i got this interesting effect - https://youtu.be/6a4orbIZ3Ms Changeable viewmodel would be nice :)

Spiderman glitch:
Watch please this viedo: https://youtu.be/UYb3qe804XU
I hope that this "spiderman glitch" will STAY in remastered multiplayer - it's like game mechanic! Please also add this "multi-air-jumping areas" to level editor. I can't imagine T2 Multi without this glitch! I hope movement will remain the same - air-jumps and "bunnyhoping" / bouncing off ramps (sloped terrains) - maybe soon I will create video also about this.

Gamemodes and game modifying:
Basber's mods: Would be awesome to have AWR gamemode, "Planned Features" described on mod's website and other things from Basber's mod - http://awr.turok2.de/ Maybe also ingame support for bots :)
We need also "last man standing" game mode! :P And I thing that near every aspect of the multiplayer game should be setable in server config, so then we can easily create custom gamemodes.
I see that they support moding T1, but I would also love to be able to making server plugins. Plugins - I mean server mods that players don't have to download. They just can join to server and it will works. (like Metamod / AMX Mod for Counter Strike / Half Life or like Bukkit.org for Minecraft) So, I hope server will also be modifiable :P

That's all for now, but I think I will write soon something more.
Don't forget to write your ideas but remember that it's not new game - it's just refreshed version of T2. :D

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:44:41 PM »
Perfect wishlist imo dude and coming from good fans of Turok 2 I couldn't agree more here I am hoping someone will mod T1 for co op also. But if not man we have to have some mp in T2. All of those game modes would be perfect to I ALREADY CAN'T WAIT FOR T2 like this :))

Thanks for posting this we need wishful thinking of our games from players who know what there talking about. Not some kid on the internet who "remembers playing" Turok as a kid imo.
They are watching

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 03:52:59 PM »
Thanks for posting this we need wishful thinking of our games from players who know what there talking about. Not some kid on the internet who "remembers playing" Turok as a kid imo.

Shots fired xD But yes exactly right we need opinions of true fans and true players like the poster here, not people who just remember playing. Hey I remember playing to and I was playing Turok days before the release! Some people who could make suggestions only remember the game from 18 years ago and that scares me if the devs will listen to them seriously. To me its not just a faint memory its direct and personal.

Thanks for sharing this Kubpica I agree with this stuff all the way to keep it original like this plus add some depth to our options. We can't go wrong with this here.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 04:15:36 PM »
-The most extreme limb damage: 1 shot to the head or 15 on arms/legs. doesnt help that enemies flail their arms as if they are having seizures. Nothing more dissapointing than using the scorpion launcher on a jobber dinosoid and seeing it survive because the rocket touched the legs, or a cerebral bore hitting the arms.
This also screws tek arrows all over, making enemies somehow able to outrun the arrow's explosion without a scratch.

I also feel that the limb damage takes aways some of the usefulness of weapons. Why use the firestorm cannon on a tough enemy when one well placed pistol bullet to the head does an instant kill? I feel there should be a middle ground to this, or an option to have global body damage like the first game.

-Low ammo: on most weapons, you carry half the amount of ammo you used to in T1, which brings to the next problem.

-No backpack

-Ammo farming: drag down the pace alot of the time on these places where items keep respawning. Wouldnt be such a problem if you could carry more ammo with yourself.

-Delayed enemy deaths: for some reason it takes a second before theystart to play dead. Many time an Endtrail shoots 1 (or two) times as it falls to the ground.

Other than that, some fixes on maps like:
-ne graveyard gate in stage 2 that wont trigger enemies unless you actually touch the gates

-the Soul gates in stage 2 needing some effect to show you are actually damaging it.

-the spinning wooden platforms in lair of the blind ones have a very small area where you can actually stand (much smaller than the model itself) so you have to land near the pole that supports the platform.

Honestly this is more of a case of what they can fix rather than what they can add.

As for what I would want added: a co-op survival mode akin to Mercenaries mode in resident evil, also like that turok mod on Doom roaming out there.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:18:52 PM by Mon-Ark »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:22:01 PM »
I don't think I could of said it better Kubpica. I want T2 to stay true like T1 no nonsense. I hope it comes with a level editor, mod tools, MP with game modes and co op, and slight tweaks to the Single player. Small tweaks that only fix areas, as they did in T1 with some extra details on the map in a gentle way. But I don't want to get rid of old bugs from the original those should stay. Since this will use the same engine as T1 but slightly tweaked to fit T2 standards it will be moddable no doubt, then we could do a ton of this stuff ourselves :)

I want the soul of T2 to stay true but better performance, control feel, fov, and smooth frames.

If it helps any: Kaiser didn't just start Turok ex because he was going to get paid. He started that years ago as a fan, so I would say the actual dev is a fan himself :)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:23:19 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Trycer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 02:26:10 AM »
¡I believe... !

That we need a ranking system, also better idles aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... A 3rd person mode... You know... Some people can get really dizzy.
Better character's body and customizable, not just skins. We need armors, skills and, you know, basically a whole new fucking game that don't suck instead of bringing back the good ol' T2SOE from the dead...

Offline Trycer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 02:27:12 AM »
Nah, but serious. A 3rd Person View would be nice.

Offline finit

• Iguana
  • T:REP 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 02:46:23 AM »
Wishes (I would like to see em in first release as I consider em as important.)

Update basic engine on your own updated to be able bring new graphic stuff etc...
    Update base game with v1.04 version
    Add widescreen support
    Add optional extended draw distance like with Turok to increase view distance
    (It will move fog more far on view right?)
    Enhance FPS to 60 as default with vsync on
    No FPS cap with vsync off but can be adjusted via console command if needed
    Add option to hide crosshair
    Add option to turn off headbobbing
    Add config.cfg with options like in Turok release if possible
    Fix possible issue which got original Turok 2 with playing soundtrack
    Make Turok 2 Multiplayer separated like before to have proper bugs treatment if needed
    Increase time for disappearing of dead enemies
    Add option to select ingame movement speed (Example: 100,90,80,70,60,50%)
    Add console command for ingame movement speed where it can be selected with custom range
    Add option to select change fog to black shadows as its in default in Hive of the Mantids level
    Add option to use HUD which is a bit different in N64 version
    Add option to turn off ingame hints messages [Example: 2 healt, 10 pistols bullets (clip)]
    Remove need for Intel Video Codes installation (You may need this if intro movies aren't playing)
    Add optional subtitles option (captions) to all cutscenes to enable people with worse English skill (Hello there! :D) to understand  story more. Not mention
    those with ear issues (Deaf gamers etc.. I have also problems with hearing :(..)
    Improve or extend ragdoll physics
    Add option to run in 120hz or more for incoming Oculus Rift-ARZ1 (and other related devices). More info here with showcase: http://oculusrift-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Rift-ARZ1.jpg

Optional (can be added later eventually)

Add some archivements and steam cards + related stuff
    Bring editor, tools.. whatever needed and wanter for modders
    Bring workshop on Steam
    Bring showcase of textures + with their description where they come from
    More coming soon eventually :)

+ More from fans on Steam forum

Include an option to play on completely unaltered levels.

Include both the n64 and PC soundtracks and make it possible to switch between them.

Make it so the Primagen fight uses the unused fourth boss track instead of reusing the Queen track (this could be optional).

Make the freaking flashlight work (never seen it work in my entire life).

Make splash damage actually work as it should, instead of explosive weapons not actually being explosive.

Include options for both variants of the textures (the PC release I seem to remember had optional "HD" textures, however the only difference I could find was that the earth texture in the tunnels of Level 4 became cracked like dry desert ground instead of just a smooth brown-ish surface).

Don't screw up with all the gore animations, blood spills, post-death corpse juggling, etc. - make them all work and look exactly as they used to.

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 02:36:39 PM »
A humble request.

Add a working scope function to the tranquilizer gun, it makes no sense for the model to have a scope you can't use.

Also, modify max ammo for the pistol (60 rounds instead of 50), shotgun (12 EXP, 21 BUCK), charge dart (40 units instead of 30) and grenade launcher (15 grenades or make it do more damage with a lower ammo count).

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 03:28:50 PM »
Those value are a little underwhelming. What difference would it make for the pistol to hold 60 bullets instead of 50, or the shotgun to hold 12 explosive shells instead of 10?

The grenade launcher is strong as it is, the problem is the hitboxes on enemies (and in this case the grenades too since it very ahrd to hit things with it compared to the grenade launcher in turok 1), so most of the time you are hitting every limb but the torso and the head.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal