Author Topic: If Turok 3 was to be Remade  (Read 15963 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: If Turok 3 was to be Remade
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 12:16:36 PM »
Still hope Turok 3 gets a remaster

:raptoid:
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »
Still hope Turok 3 gets a remaster

:raptoid:

Me too. If it does, I wish they improved it a little bit, at least make it so when you blow an enemy's limb it doesnt vanish from thin air in such cheap manner (more like in T2 would be welcomed)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »
Me too. If it does, I wish they improved it a little bit, at least make it so when you blow an enemy's limb it doesnt vanish from thin air in such cheap manner (more like in T2 would be welcomed)

Oh yeah Id'e be welcoming to that also because the limbs seriously took a step back compared to T2. But knowing Kaiser some he tries to stick with vanilla and original stuff as much as possible at least. That could possibly end up being a mod thing but I just hope that it will happen these two Turok 3 and Rage Wars need a pc comeback.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 11:40:17 PM »
At least I would like that to be an optional setting, like the new effects in T1.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 12:01:46 AM »
At least I would like that to be an optional setting, like the new effects in T1.

Yeah that would be an amazing option to add more gore options. Or they could call it Turok 2 gore options xD
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Manhs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 02:48:58 AM »
Still a good game, i could buy it for sure! It could be fun to play this one with good render/framerate and with keyboard/mouse (deactivate the autoaim then, the fun!  :D
Since it wasn't popular as T1 and T2, i'm not sure if Night Dive Studios will do it, more because money issue It could have to sell it but who know what could happen.
hu, i didn't imagine Turok 2 was more sold than Turok 2 (not sure if it's official but anyway): http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Turok
I just hope night dive studios won't forget Turok.... it seems they spend a lot of times on the System Shock remake....  :oblivion:

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 01:59:35 PM »
Still a good game, i could buy it for sure! It could be fun to play this one with good render/framerate and with keyboard/mouse (deactivate the autoaim then, the fun!  :D
Since it wasn't popular as T1 and T2, i'm not sure if Night Dive Studios will do it, more because money issue It could have to sell it but who know what could happen.
hu, i didn't imagine Turok 2 was more sold than Turok 2 (not sure if it's official but anyway): http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Turok
I just hope night dive studios won't forget Turok.... it seems they spend a lot of times on the System Shock remake....  :oblivion:

T2 probably sold more than T1 mostly due to it having a big SP and a MP while T1 only had SP. Mp became a huge hit with Goldeneye and Quake so Turok 2 getting it probably increased sells right away :)

Yeah they seem very focused on System Shock, can't really blame them though when the game is getting much more of turnout than Turok(probably because its a new entry rather than just a remaster). But the way I see it is, NDS needs System Shock to be a success if they want to try and do an all new Turok game...System Shock needs to do well.

The thing about Turok 3 and Rage Wars is they were never on PC and only N64 that right there is a big interest. I'm sure some could argue how Turok 3 and Rage Wars deserve a remaster more than Turok 1 and 2 did just because those two games are already on pc and with 3dfx, nglide, and or voodoo they can already run at high resolutions and 60 fps on the classic pc versions. T3 and RW on the other hand you can't do that its either emulator which isn't very good for Turok games or plug up the old N64.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Manhs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 05:24:02 PM »
Yeah a friend told me Turok 3 on emulator didnt work well, so that's why i bought a n64 with the game, it could be nice to have a remastered for it, sure :) (always better to have a pc port of a N64 game, not only for Turok hehe, N64 had great games who could be so good on a remaster on pc, for the framerate and render specially, anyway...) 
For System Shock, if it's a success, maybe they could use this engine for a new Turok game  :P

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »
Its works fine on emulator as far as I know. While good mouse controls cant be achieved, you cant tweak the controls in conjunction with the emulator controller settings and be able to play the game with modern FPS controller setup. Autoaim or not? doesnt really matter much, infact its worth doing two playtroughs experiencing the game with/without the autoaim feature (spoilers: its how the autoaim should had always been in Turok2)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 01:46:15 AM »
It does works on the emulators but better to play it on the n64 always for mee. But if we could have it Turok 3 ex remaster with keyboard and 60 fps would be amazing on Turok 3. I think it could sell pretty good. It being nintendo 64 only is a good selling point to start with. Even some game historians will have interest maybe.
Raptor Rok is metal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal