Author Topic: Turok Level Editor  (Read 147641 times)

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
Re: Turok ATR viewer/exporter
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2015, 02:02:46 PM »
That sounds like quite a bit was done again, great job! Technical outcomes are normally slower then visual. Especially when the technical stuff effects/improves the visual side of things as well as the inner core stuff :D I just hope you know, we don't just support the T4 viewer/level editor we also support Silk or whatever you guys do :)

Also, nice picture Duke it rocks :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:05:26 PM by Adon »
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2015, 11:04:42 AM »
Holy shit! this is really awesome I wish you all luck! Even I would like to look into level making for this man. I have always wondered why there was absolutely no level editor or mod tools for any Turok game :/ The viewer is freaking awesome.

(sorry for cussing but this rocks)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
Re: Turok level viewer/exporter
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2015, 03:37:36 PM »
Nice progress!
Maybe you could make it into a whole game editor?
If you need any help with anything, I'm up for it.

That's the plan, Stan.

It wouldn't hurt to have a second programmer, I'm using C++. You'd need to install cmake in order to generate the project files if you use one of the supported IDEs. Everything is already portable from OS X to Windows so that wouldn't be a problem. You also of course would need to have Turok: Evolution installed. The tool takes a .ATR file and the path of the Turok installation as arguments. The ATR file can be anywhere, it doesn't have to be loaded directly from the Turok data directory.

Another thing I could use more help with is figuring out what the majority of the data means. It's usually pretty easy to identify some kind of structure among the bytes of data using a hex editor, but once I figure a block of data out I still have no idea what most of the values mean.

So if you want to do either of those things then I'll send you a link to a github repository that contains all of the code.

I'd have to find my T4 disk, then. Defiantly something I could work on, on my free time.
Well that didn't work

Offline Forest Rain

• Iguana
  • T:REP 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »
The jungles, nature, and trees of this game are also lovely. Being able to view them like this is unique, thanks Stinkee keep up good work

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »
Do my eyes deceive me ? You got to be joking this is awesome! You surely could get a job like this dude, please keep it up please!
They are watching

Offline djdduty

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2015, 04:15:04 PM »
Progress update time, time is flying.

It's been a bit slow, Stinkee and I are still re-working a lot of things in the renderer. Again, it is mostly features that won't affect very much in the turok viewer since it all has to do with better rendering quality such as post processing and deferred shading. However, I feel it is necessary to get the renderer interface really nailed down before we start a big project with it and have to refactor code as we go. T4Viewer will already need some maintenance to get it running correctly again with all the changes we made but hopefully we can bring you guys another build soon as promised ( before I so rudely suggested on waiting until UI was done... my fault on that  :P ).

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2015, 10:38:38 AM »
Oh its okay you guys take the time that is needed to make this perfect while setting up your rendering. Hey, the technical stuff is a high priority for this kind of stuff so no need to apologize or rush. From the way it looks, Stinkee kicked out some stuff earlier on to keep us interested for awhile at least for me. Thanks for an update dude.

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2015, 04:15:39 PM »
Like Dinomite say, I recommend you to conservate the old versions. One question, the level viewer also open fly levels?
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2015, 08:07:27 PM »
I found my T4, I'll check out the source.
Well that didn't work

Offline Xeno Kai

• Iguana
  • T:REP 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2015, 11:34:26 AM »
This is pretty awesome, I personally would rather a editor for Turok 1 or 2 but hey I will take it for this to. Don't get me wrong I love Evolution also. I just like the classic games more :) Hope that this goes through guys keep going :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal