Author Topic: Turok soundtrack officially released (sort of)  (Read 26982 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok soundtrack officially released (sort of)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:25:33 PM »
Bought xD thanks for sharing that! I left a small review lol

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:12:46 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »
Not for sale in the UK... :(
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »

Ahh that sucks :/ someone needs send you it then xD

Insta Buy
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline chirac31

• Iguana
  • T:REP 190
  • http://turok.forumactif.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://turok.forumactif.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 03:27:20 AM »
its expensive, i pefer extract the music from the game...  each of us who have buy the remaster or get the original game can have access to the musics without buy again.

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 07:04:10 AM »

Ahh that sucks :/ someone needs send you it then xD

Insta Buy

I'm hoping he ends up putting it out on Bandcamp.  To be honest, I wish more people would do that rather than bloody DRM-tastic iTunes and unnecessarily region locked online Amazon!

EDIT:  I just mailed Darren to ask him if he'd consider Bandcamp.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:13:19 AM by Old One Eye »

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 07:12:03 AM »
its expensive, i pefer extract the music from the game...  each of us who have buy the remaster or get the original game can have access to the musics without buy again.

"...This is from my private collection. Some of this may have seen the light of day, but never the whole CD. Written in 1997, this CD was recorded in the studio in my house when I was living in Austin, TX. It is laid out in the form of a "Concept Album", which I really enjoy (XTC's "Skylarking" and the first Enigma albums were my favorites at the time). This is a CD version of the game music, using the original equipment that I had back in '97."

That's a quote from Darren's Facebook page.  You can rip the music if you like (as many already have) but this is the original compositions in their original state as envisaged by the musician before it was crushed to fit on a game cartridge.  I don't think $9 for someones original vision of their music is too much to ask. 

Just a bit of advice from an old fart:  Try to be a little more positive about things.  As Turok fans we're in a good place right now.  Let's keep it that way. :)

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 08:39:12 AM »
Cute how you talk like you know crap.

This release =/= the soundtrack from the PC/n64.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 12:07:11 PM »

We now asking to please release all the ost including rage wars soundtrack he said it is something to consider. And if anyone has the un used beta music it might be him! I would pay a hole lot for beta music just name price hehe
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:50:48 AM by Dinomite »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 01:02:18 PM »
We now asking to please release all the ost including rage wars soundtrack he said it is something to consider. And if anyone has the un used beta music it might be him! I would pay a hole lot for beta music just name price hehe

This this and this xD

Its a really nice soundtrack too guys nothing like N64 made music man nothing you hear me xD

I'm hoping he ends up putting it out on Bandcamp.  To be honest, I wish more people would do that rather than bloody DRM-tastic iTunes and unnecessarily region locked online Amazon!

EDIT:  I just mailed Darren to ask him if he'd consider Bandcamp.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

I will also tell him about bandcamp you know Aubrey Hodges uses Bandcamp also. Darren Mitchell and Aubrey Hodges are the BEST point blank period xD

Aubrey Hodges Bandcamp: (Doom and Quake osts!) https://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/

Aubrey Hodges is also working on a Doom 64 extended version! He say's he is going to need therapy afterwards xD (Its coming soon)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:04:12 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal